ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 - marriage cancelled due to COVID-19

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Selina001

Tier 4 - marriage cancelled due to COVID-19

Post by Selina001 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:28 pm

Hi, can I first of all start off by saying that I was on here before but got banned, I forgot my password and had to sign up again.
This will not happen again, I have learnt my lesson.

I am in a huge predicament at the moment.
I was due to marry my partner who is an Indian National currently on a student visa which expires on 1st September 2020. His graduation has been cancelled but he will get his Degree in June (MBA). I am a British Citizen.

We have been granted permission from the Home Office to marry and had booked our registration ceremony in April.
However, this got cancelled due to COVID-19.
We were also due to move into an apartment but again, that got delayed.

Currently, we are waiting for the registration office to open so we can at least get our marriage certificate so that we can apply for this spouse visa - we are hoping this is in June. A small gathering of even 5 people would suffice.

Does anyone know what the government are doing about this and if we can somehow apply for a visa extension under ''special circumstances''?

We have the Home Office letter, I even have an invitation card as we were meant to have a religious ceremony the same day with friends and family at a local banqueting hall.

Any sort of tips/advise etc would be gratefully received.

Thanks and stay safe,
Sabrina

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 4 - marriage cancelled due to COVID-19

Post by CR001 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:47 pm

SSH1 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:28 pm
Hi, can I first of all start off by saying that I was on here before but got banned, I forgot my password and had to sign up again.
Useful to state what your previous username(s) was/were. There is a huge difference between being banned and forgetting your log in details, two completely separate issues.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Selina001

Post by Selina001 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:52 pm

I cannot remember as it was a while ago but this is the only account now and I have made a note of my password so won't be forgetting it again.

If I could please get some help on my questions please.

Thanks
S

Selina001

Post by Selina001 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:11 pm

SSH1 wrote:

I am in a huge predicament at the moment.
I was due to marry my partner who is an Indian National currently on a student visa which expires on 1st September 2020. His graduation has been cancelled but he will get his Degree in June (MBA). I am a British Citizen.

We have been granted permission from the Home Office to marry and had booked our registration ceremony in April.
However, this got cancelled due to COVID-19.
We were also due to move into an apartment but again, that got delayed.

Currently, we are waiting for the registration office to open so we can at least get our marriage certificate so that we can apply for this spouse visa - we are hoping this is in June. A small gathering of even 5 people would suffice.

Does anyone know what the government are doing about this and if we can somehow apply for a visa extension under ''special circumstances''?

We have the Home Office letter, I even have an invitation card as we were meant to have a religious ceremony the same day with friends and family at a local banqueting hall.

Thanks and stay safe,
Sabrina
Hi guys,

Any suggestions on the above please?

Thanks
S

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 20, 2020 6:22 pm

SSH1 wrote:
No tip other than to Wait, wait & wait. Otherwise if you are in heavy rush then may consider to apply as unmarried partner now if both of you have formed and have been maintaining relationships akin to marriage during the last 2 years.

But ideally still wait and prefer to marry first as because your partner still have got ample amount of visa and the lockdown is almost over despite the virus is still persistent.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Selina001

Post by Selina001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:06 pm

Hi All,

Just an update. My marriage has been scheduled for 11th July (Hurray!)

Also, we have found an apartment and are due to move in 10th July (a day before we are due to marry at the Register Office)

I am just a little worried, as even though I still meet all the requirements, the tenancy agreement is in my name but my partner is down as a ''permitted occupier'' - I guess this is because he is on a student visa which expires on 1st September. Would this still be ok? His name is on the agreement still.

Also, he has passed his degree but is still waiting for it to come through the post - he however has his mark sheet to prove that he has passed, can this be used instead of the degree doesn't arrive before we apply?

Letter from employer - who should this be addressed to and what should it include. Also, should this be dated the same month in which we apply or can it be a month old?

Lastly, as we are looking to apply asap after marrying, is it ok for my driving license and bank/payslips to still have my old address on? Same for his drivers license. We will get it all updated but there isn't enough time.

If someone could please help on the above, I would appreciate it!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:11 pm

I am just a little worried, as even though I still meet all the requirements, the tenancy agreement is in my name but my partner is down as a ''permitted occupier'' - I guess this is because he is on a student visa which expires on 1st September. Would this still be ok? His name is on the agreement still.
Fine.
Also, he has passed his degree but is still waiting for it to come through the post - he however has his mark sheet to prove that he has passed, can this be used instead of the degree doesn't arrive before we apply?
He needs the actual degree certificate to use as proof of meeting the English requirement.
Letter from employer - who should this be addressed to and what should it include. Also, should this be dated the same month in which we apply or can it be a month old?
It should not be older than 28 days on the date that you submit and pay online. Letter should include your employment details (job, salary, length of service) etc.
Lastly, as we are looking to apply asap after marrying, is it ok for my driving license and bank/payslips to still have my old address on? Same for his drivers license. We will get it all updated but there isn't enough time.
You would need to add a covering letter explaining the discrepancy.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Selina001

Post by Selina001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:11 pm
Fine.
He needs the actual degree certificate to use as proof of meeting the English requirement.
It should not be older than 28 days on the date that you submit and pay online. Letter should include your employment details (job, salary, length of service) etc.
You would need to add a covering letter explaining the discrepancy.
Thanks you so much dear. God bless you :D

I was going to apply through a solicitor but now I am thinking to do it myself online.
It is quite worrying how the lady at the law firm said his mark sheet will be sufficient but upon further investigation I think it is better to have the actual degree.

Here is the stuff I will have for my application, please can someone advise if it is enough:

1. UK marriage certificate
2. Islamic marriage certificate (although I know this isn’t recognised in England)
3. 6 months’ pay slip for me
4. Tenancy agreement (me as tenant and partner as 'permitted occupier'
5. 6 months bank statement for me
6. Pictures of me and my partner and some tickets/receipts
7. Letter from Employer
8. Call logs
9. Proof that we were originally meant to marry on April 4th. I will attach the wedding card invite and emails from the previous landlord for the flat we almost took before Covid-19.
10. Covering letter from me to support my application and say that we have only just moved into the address so that is why some documents have old addresses as they are from previous months.
11. I will also explain on this letter that we facetime for 95% of the time and use iMessage so therefore Apple don't support the downloading of texts, but if needed we can have our phones checked.
12. Husband's English degree (MBA)

Is there anything I have missed or need? I am asking all this because I much rather apply myself online , it will save money.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:40 pm

1. UK marriage certificate
Fine.
2. Islamic marriage certificate (although I know this isn’t recognised in England)
Not required. Do NOT submit unnecessary documents that could complicate your application. This marriage will NOT be recognised by HO, so pointless submitting this.
3. 6 months’ pay slip for me
4. Tenancy agreement (me as tenant and partner as 'permitted occupier'
5. 6 months bank statement for me
FIne.
6. Pictures of me and my partner and some tickets/receipts
NOT required.
7. Letter from Employer
Fine
8. Call logs
NOT required.
9. Proof that we were originally meant to marry on April 4th. I will attach the wedding card invite and emails from the previous landlord for the flat we almost took before Covid-19.
Not required.
10. Covering letter from me to support my application and say that we have only just moved into the address so that is why some documents have old addresses as they are from previous months.
Fine.
11. I will also explain on this letter that we facetime for 95% of the time and use iMessage so therefore Apple don't support the downloading of texts, but if needed we can have our phones checked.
NOT required.
12. Husband's English degree (MBA)
Fine.
Is there anything I have missed or need?
Passports (both of you) and partners BRP card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:11 pm

If the applicant is awaiting graduation or no longer has the certificate and cannot get
a new one, we can accept an academic reference from the institution awarding the
academic qualification or an academic transcript from that institution
. They must
meet the following requirements:
Academic reference must be on the official letter headed paper and show:
• the applicant’s name
• the title of the award
• that the academic qualification has been or will be awarded
• either the date that the certificate will be issued (if the applicant has not yet
graduated) or confirmation that the institution is unable to re-issue the original
certificate of award
Academic transcript must be on the official letter headed paper and show:
• the applicant’s name
• the name of the academic institution
• the course title
• either the date that the certificate will be issued (if the applicant has not yet
graduated) or confirmation that the institution is unable to re-issue the original
certificate of award
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 0tXV-pRqlm
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Selina001

Post by Selina001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:26 pm

Thanks to both of the Moderators for helping.

The letter from my Employer, who must it be addressed to?

Is this information enough:

• My name
• Employment Start Date (I have worked there for 5 years!)
• Current Salary
• Fulltime Employment
• I have earned over £18,600 since January 2020 (for 6 months at least)

Also, I am moving department officially on August 1st, my wage stays the same, shall I submit this contract with my application and just get my HR team to say I am moving department or is the contract not important?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:44 pm

SSH1 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:26 pm
Thanks to both of the Moderators for helping.

The letter from my Employer, who must it be addressed to?

Is this information enough:

• My name
• Employment Start Date (I have worked there for 5 years!)
• Current Salary
• Fulltime Employment
• I have earned over £18,600 since January 2020 (for 6 months at least) The information provided above to be in the letter sufficient.

Also, I am moving department officially on August 1st, my wage stays the same, shall I submit this contract with my application and just get my HR team to say I am moving department or is the contract not important? No requirement to submit contract.

Thanks

Selina001

Post by Selina001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:51 pm

That's great. Who must the letter be addressed to? The Home Office?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:49 pm

SSH1 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:51 pm

Thanks
The Entry Clearance Officer
UK Visas and lmmigration
Sheffield
S3 8NU
United Kingdom

(Since this is sent electronically /scanned not sure of appropriateness of including PO Box)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:17 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:49 pm
SSH1 wrote:

Thanks
UK Visas and lmmigration
Sheffield
S3 8NU
United Kingdom

(Since this is sent electronically /scanned not sure of appropriateness of including PO Box)
They are NOT applying for an entry clearance visa. The Sheffield address is not relevant to applications within the UK.

The address for FLR(M) is below.

UKVI
Leave to Remain - FLR(M)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:22 pm

SSH1 wrote:

Thanks
It can even be addressed " To whom it may concern" if your employer wishes so.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:17 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:49 pm
SSH1 wrote:

Thanks
UK Visas and lmmigration
Sheffield
S3 8NU
United Kingdom

They are NOT applying for an entry clearance visa. The Sheffield address is not relevant to applications within the UK.

The address for FLR(M) is below.

UKVI
Leave to Remain - FLR(M)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR
Thanks on that correction.

Selina001

Post by Selina001 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:49 am

Hi guys

So I am about to apply this week for my husband’s visa.
I am a little nervous and unsure if I should attempt applying for this myself online or seek help from the solicitor!

I did call them up & the secretary said she will check all our paperwork and then submit it to Ilford where someone will do the online application for us. To me this seems a little untrustworthy...but then I don’t want to mess up the application and make a mistake.

Any suggestions???

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:55 am

SSH1 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:49 am
Hi guys

So I am about to apply this week for my husband’s visa.
I am a little nervous and unsure if I should attempt applying for this myself online or seek help from the solicitor!

I did call them up & the secretary said she will check all our paperwork and then submit it to Ilford where someone will do the online application for us. To me this seems a little untrustworthy...but then I don’t want to mess up the application and make a mistake.

Any suggestions???
A straightforward case where there was no complicated history doesn't require any solicitor assistance as the application & checklist itself is a guide.

Selina001

Post by Selina001 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:49 am

Thanks!

One issue I have noticed is that they ask for evidence of living together since two years!
This isn’t possible as we only moved in together on 11th July and have only one electricity bill in both our names.

Would that be enough? Also, in terms of the supporting documents do they get attached at the end of the application or do we need need to send a soft copy with the passports?

Thanks
S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:53 am

One issue I have noticed is that they ask for evidence of living together since two years!
This isn’t possible as we only moved in together on 11th July and have only one electricity bill in both our names.
It is NOT required for an initial FLR(M) visa following a receipt marriage. The same form is used for extensions and the question is relevant to that phase.

All your documents are uploaded digitally after you have submitted and paid online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:56 am

SSH1 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:49 am
Thanks!

Would that be enough? Also, in terms of the supporting documents do they get attached at the end of the application or do we need need to send a soft copy with the passports?

Thanks
S
2 years of cohabitation evidences aren't needed for the initial part of spouse visa. All evidences are scanned & uploaded until the date of biometrics. Nothing is sent in original to anywhere.

Selina001

Post by Selina001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:52 am

Thanks to everyone for their help.
I am applying on Thursday.

As I get paid every month on the 25th, I will NOT submit July's bank statement or Payslip.
I am including 6 payslips and 6 bank statements (Jan 2020 - June 2020) and also my P60 from April 2019 - April 2020 - should this be ok? Is it also worth highlighting where it shows my work salary has gone in?

Also, is there a need to write a supporting letter as well or do you think it isn’t needed?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:11 pm

SSH1 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:52 am
Thanks to everyone for their help.
I am applying on Thursday.

As I get paid every month on the 25th, I will NOT submit July's bank statement or Payslip.
I am including 6 payslips and 6 bank statements (Jan 2020 - June 2020) and also my P60 from April 2019 - April 2020 - should this be ok? Is it also worth highlighting where it shows my work salary has gone in?

Also, is there a need to write a supporting letter as well or do you think it isn’t needed?
Your latest payslip & bank statement must not be older than 28 days otherwise wait for July's payslip & bank statement. P60 isn't needed as it doesn't shows the correct wages for immigration purposes. Also due to having several hodgepodge in application form over calculating & recording the financial information, it is better to include a covering letter.

Selina001

Post by Selina001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:31 pm

Thanks.

I might as well wait two days for the July payslip and statement etc...

My husband's student visa runs out on September 1st, 2020.
It isn't too late to apply is it? As I think I might as well wait until early next week.

Thanks
S