ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New citizenship applications

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jet2000
Newly Registered
Ireland

New citizenship applications

Post by jet2000 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:52 pm

Hello,

just asking if anyone know if the office is accepting new applications or closed at the moment, Thank you

ailA2019
Ireland

Re: New citizenship applications

Post by ailA2019 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:36 am

jet2000 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:52 pm
Hello,

just asking if anyone know if the office is accepting new applications or closed at the moment, Thank you
they No receive new applications until the future notice

Q 84. Should I send in my Citizenship application?

A. Do not send in passports or any other such valuable documentation at this time and until further
notice. Due to the restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 healthcare crisis, significant delays are
inevitable in the return of documentation

jet2000
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jet2000 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Thank you, can you please post the source URL so I can keep track of the updates

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:03 pm

It’s right on top of the forum

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:04 pm

jet2000 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:24 pm
Thank you, can you please post the source URL so I can keep track of the updates
Unclearl why you are able to check INIS website yourself!!

ireland/immigration-status-extended-for ... l#p1891067
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jet2000
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jet2000 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:05 pm

Thank you for your replies,

It is kinda unclear, the only info I can find is quite confusing.

such as :
- Do NOT make trips to obtain documents or to send documents or applications to this office
- Do NOT send passports or other original documents through the post. Citizenship will work to return any documents already submitted, but delays will occur. Please bear with us.

Understandable, but not mentioning if they accepting new applications or not, such as If I order home parcel pick up from DHL or DPD, and don't include original documents. will it be accepted.

and the Q&A PDF file have nothing about this as well.

Thank you

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:49 pm

All new applications MUST be accompanied by your original passport.

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:21 pm

jet2000 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:05 pm

such as :
- Do NOT make trips to obtain documents or to send documents or applications to this office
- Do NOT send passports or other original documents through the post. Citizenship will work to return any documents already submitted, but delays will occur. Please bear with us.

Understandable, but not mentioning if they accepting new applications or not, such as If I order home parcel pick up from DHL or DPD, and don't include original documents. will it be accepted.

Thank you
hi

Do NOT make trips to obtain documents or to send documents or applications to this office.

mean, do not send the application or any documents until future notice.

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:39 am

ailA2019 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:21 pm
jet2000 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:05 pm

such as :

Thank you
hi

Do NOT make trips to obtain documents or to send documents or applications to this office.

mean, do not send the application or any documents until future notice.
Interpretation of this "official words" is not straight forward. There still a lot of possibly to send, receive, obtain documents staying at home. They should be more clear in respect to the question about new application. If they stop working because of lockdown it's understandable, but should be announced property.

Nre123
Ireland

Post by Nre123 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:59 am

I am not applying for my spouse as its very clear that you should not send original documents. Not worth taking the risk...will apply once they start accepting the applications.

barter
BANNED
Mood:
India

Post by barter » Mon May 25, 2020 4:53 pm

I think they have started accepting now. Only fully completed forms.

jet2000
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jet2000 » Tue May 26, 2020 12:59 am

barter wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:53 pm

Hello, Where did you find this information ? :)

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Tue May 26, 2020 7:04 am

jet2000 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 12:59 am
barter wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 4:53 pm
Hello, Where did you find this information ? :)
It is part of updated FAQ in Inis website:

Q 101.Should I send in my Citizenship application?
A.Only fully completed forms should be submitted at this time. For the avoidance of any misunderstanding that means that the statutory declaration has to be completed fully. Due to the restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 healthcare crisis, significant delays are inevitable in the return of documentation

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Immigration- ... 9-FAQ4.pdf

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Fri May 29, 2020 9:44 am

It looks like INIS revised guidance regarding citizenship application as from today they recommend to postpone application
"You should strongly consider delaying submitting any new application until Phase 5 of the Government’s Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business (mid-August2020) "

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:02 pm

Folks,
Is there any new updates on when we can submit the application for citizenship ? As per earlier update we were supposed to submit it after/during Phase 5. But with government new plan there is no Phase 5 and Phase 4 has been pushed to 10th August so does that mean we can submit the new application after 10th August ?
Thanks.
AB

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:03 pm

amolbawate wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:02 pm
Folks,
Is there any new updates on when we can submit the application for citizenship ? As per earlier update we were supposed to submit it after/during Phase 5. But with government new plan there is no Phase 5 and Phase 4 has been pushed to 10th August so does that mean we can submit the new application after 10th August ?
Thanks.
AB
Please follow the latest update in the ISD FAQ document.
This has been changed to mid-July, which means you can submit fully completed application now. You should still expect significant delay as they work through their backlog, so try not to submit the application if you have any plan to travel abroad in the next 2-3 months.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:08 pm

Has anyone even seen this? Like 12 months processing time officially? Earlier it was 6 months and we were hoping that the new minister since being young will bring radical changes and now the citizenship application processing time officially has been increased from 6 to 12 months. Like this is absolutely pathetic.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... cumstances.

It is now written on the ISD website that irish citizenship application generally takes 12 months. Ealier it was 6 months written. Total disappointment

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:50 pm

ChristinaLeary wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:08 pm
Has anyone even seen this? Like 12 months processing time officially? Earlier it was 6 months and we were hoping that the new minister since being young will bring radical changes and now the citizenship application processing time officially has been increased from 6 to 12 months. Like this is absolutely pathetic.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... cumstances.

It is now written on the ISD website that irish citizenship application generally takes 12 months. Ealier it was 6 months written. Total disappointment
Yes, sure everybody saw it. Nothing really to be stressed about. 6 or 12 months, does it really matter nowadays. It's an estimate. You can still end up waiting several years for the decision like some people on here waiting from 2016-2017.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:00 pm

It does matters. 6 months was really putting them in a sort of position where if any question asked in Dail about processing times, they can give a rough estimate of how many applications were processed in 6 months. Them extending 12 months clearly shows that they have now delayed the processing of applications further away and that too in a formal manner

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:53 pm

Hi all,

Does the minister check all citizen applications personally before approval letter is sent out or just random applications?

I'd doubt the minister has time to verify all applications but i'm curious as to wether the minister checks all applications personally.

Any thoughts?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:08 pm

ChristinaLeary wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:00 pm
It does matters. 6 months was really putting them in a sort of position where if any question asked in Dail about processing times, they can give a rough estimate of how many applications were processed in 6 months. Them extending 12 months clearly shows that they have now delayed the processing of applications further away and that too in a formal manner
Naturalisation is a privilege, not a right. 6, 12 or even more months of waiting is not putting them into any position or obligation. They can take as long as necessary in each individual case, and they do, not to mention extraordinary situation in the country and in the world affecting almost every area of our daily life.
No surprise if the processing time will be increased again anytime soon.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:16 pm

water_tank1 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:53 pm
Does the minister check all citizen applications personally before approval letter is sent out or just random applications?
I'd doubt the minister has time to verify all applications but i'm curious as to wether the minister checks all applications personally.
In vast majority of cases, it is department personnel who are reviewing the application and processing them on Minister's behalf. Minister is involved in the final stage at which he or she approve or reject the application.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:25 am

Agree with Vorona. There is only soft limit of 6 month and there is always minister discretion.
"In June 2011, the Minister for Justice and Law Reform announced a number of
changes to the citizenship application processing regime. Applications would be dealt
with within a period of six months.
Despite recent improvements, there are still no formal legal time limits for the
procedure
and the involvement of a number of different authorities in the process
can lead to long waiting periods.
Review
As of 2013(and 2020 as well), Ireland is the only EU15 country without a clear right of appeal for
naturalisation. Nearly all EU countries, including most recently Belgium, grant the
right to a reasoned decision and the right to appeal. In nearly all most EU countries,
rejected applicants can appeal to lower and highest national courts. Appeals can include both substantive and procedural aspects."
"
You can still do judicial review though.
Good read in report back from 2017
https://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/sites/d ... reland.pdf