ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ps1234

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ps1234 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:11 am

Hi all,

I have a biometric appointment next week. Does anyone have guidance on whether I need to take all the documents that have been scanned and uploaded on to the system already? Will they need it all to verify? Things like bank statements, degree certificates, cohabitation proofs, etc etc.

Our lawyers told us to just go with all passports, confirmation letters and BRP cards. Has anyone been asked for other documents in their recent appointments?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:12 am

I get an email from "WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk" requesting documents a week later after my application.

Can anybody please confirm who 1st received email from "WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk" requesting documents and then later received an email confirming biometrics re-use? I have seen posts from people who get this email about a week later after application which shows that this may be a new approach from UKVI.

I want to get an idea if getting an email from "WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk" is an early sign that those people are selected for biometrics re-use.

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:28 am

😡 How fanny to see people who applied in may and Jun can actually book appointment when people like us who applied in end or march and April cant book appointment !!! Absolutely rubbish system with some idiots running the whole organisation!! My blood boil knowing that i stuck because the reuse stupid system when it was my turn to book appointment!! Very f angry 😡

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:30 am

Seems like June applicants who were chosen for biometrics have already received emails to book but no one so far reported receiving any bio reuse emails from June??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:35 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:30 am
Seems like June applicants who were chosen for biometrics have already received emails to book but no one so far reported receiving any bio reuse emails from June??
That is what makes me think they might send re-use emails once the photo upload system is ready.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:37 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:35 am
CULLINAN wrote:
That is what makes me think they might send re-use emails once the photo upload system is ready.
This was not the case for April/May applicants. They received bio reuse emails simultaneously when booking appointments were opened for that lot. This time it seems to have taken a different approach. Will have to wait and see what comes up!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

MrBarry465
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by MrBarry465 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:00 am

When is this new system ready - some people were saying that they would provide more news on it next week?

Still holding off applying, as I am keen to see if we get any sort of movement whatsoever on Priority Services opening up next week.

tbp

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:43 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
You receive biometric reuse emails once they are done sending emails for biometric appointments.

In my case, they finished sending emails on 2nd of July for biometric appointments. And I received biometric reuse email on 3rd of July. Expect to receive an email on or after 23rd of July.

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:11 pm

tbp wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:43 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
You receive biometric reuse emails once they are done sending emails for biometric appointments.

In my case, they finished sending emails on 2nd of July for biometric appointments. And I received biometric reuse email on 3rd of July. Expect to receive an email on or after 23rd of July.
I cannot wait for this to be over

javy0071
Pakistan

Post by javy0071 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:54 pm

MrBarry465 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:00 am
When is this new system ready - some people were saying that they would provide more news on it next week?

Still holding off applying, as I am keen to see if we get any sort of movement whatsoever on Priority Services opening up next week.

Same here. Not sure when they'll open the Priority Service. Are there any expected news next week?

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:01 pm

Any June applicants received any email today?

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:02 pm

javy0071 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:54 pm
MrBarry465 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:00 am

Same here. Not sure when they'll open the Priority Service. Are there any expected news next week?
If you are talking about UKVI priority service then I dont think it will be open till UKVCAS break even by clearing the backlog.
It might probably by mid Sep at this pace

Baydaar
Pakistan

Post by Baydaar » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:27 pm

I applied on 25th June set M, but not received anything, every frustrating, I have a gut feeling I might recieve reuse email, because I gave biometric in postoffice in April 2018. Still checking my inbox time and again but nothing.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:13 pm

Dear Gurus,

I applied on 30/04/2020, and I did not receive any email from UKVCAS and UKVI, I contacted them before because I thought that I am eligible for re-use scheme.
Today I contacted them and I gave them UAN, they surprised and they said we are so sorry because the HO asked us to start May, June and July applications and they think that they finished all appointments for March, April applications, she informed me that I am not eligible for re-use scheme, and I think they forgot all applications in March and April because the lady surprised when I told her I applied in April and no emails so far.
She promised me if they receive an order from the UKVI they can go back to start with March and April application for people who did not receive any email, like me. That means next month they will look at my application.
Thanks

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:22 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:13 pm
Dear Gurus,

I applied on 30/04/2020, and I did not receive any email from UKVCAS and UKVI, I contacted them before because I thought that I am eligible for re-use scheme.
Today I contacted them and I gave them UAN, they surprised and they said we are so sorry because the HO asked us to start May, June and July applications and they think that they finished all appointments for March, April applications, she informed me that I am not eligible for re-use scheme, and I think they forgot all applications in March and April because the lady surprised when I told her I applied in April and no emails so far.
She promised me if they receive an order from the UKVI they can go back to start with March and April application for people who did not receive any email, like me. That means next month they will look at my application.
Thanks
Are you not able to see any slots open for you in UKVCAS sites -though you dont get email ?
Many Thanks .

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:26 pm

Baydaar wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:27 pm
I applied on 25th June set M, but not received anything, every frustrating, I have a gut feeling I might recieve reuse email, because I gave biometric in postoffice in April 2018. Still checking my inbox time and again but nothing.
same here :cry:

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:45 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:22 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
Dear Gurus,

Thanks
Are you not able to see any slots open for you in UKVCAS sites -though you dont get email ?
No

ap1410
- thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:10 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Dear Gurus,

Thanks

Hope you get some response from them asap ! How did you contact them ; can you share the phone number/email?

jerrysk8
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by jerrysk8 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:53 pm

Would also like to know how you contacted them.

I applied on 27/4/2020 (ILR T2) received the COVID-19: update re-use email on the 4/7/2020 and have not heard anything since. Should I have received further instruction by now?

dsharma7
Newly Registered

Post by dsharma7 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:11 pm

jerrysk8 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:53 pm

I applied on 27/4/2020 (ILR T2) received the COVID-19: update re-use email on the 4/7/2020 and have not heard anything since. Should I have received further instruction by now?
No everyone is waiting for an update on this.

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:23 pm

jerrysk8 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:53 pm

I am in the same boat. Application sate 13/04/2020 Set (M) and received the COVID-19: update re-use email on the 04.07.2020

Waiting game and never appears to be ending. Looks like all indefinite applications are pending for indefinite period :o :o :o

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:25 pm

I sent an email out to CIH on 13th July giving my UAN and asking them I haven’t had an acknowledgement etc, they initially emailed me on Friday saying my query will take more than 5 working days and today they responded but the summary of their email was I don’t have to do anything if I have applied in due time. Additional contents of their email are below:

“ Thank you for contacting the Home Office Coronavirus Immigration Team.

If you have already applied to extend your leave and your application is currently pending, there is no further action for you to take at this time. Whilst an application is pending and you are awaiting a decision, your leave will be extended under the same conditions as those you were initially granted, which prevents you from becoming an overstayer.

If you have not already done so you may not be able to book an appointment to enrol your biometrics immediately, as appointments are only being released initially to people whose earlier appointments were cancelled due to COVID-19. However, you must still create a UKVCAS account once you complete your online application; this will allow us to contact you when new appointments become available.

If you have been advised that you can enrol your biometrics at a Post Office you should check the availability of services through the Post Office finder, as advised on your Biometric Enrolment letter, or through updates on GOV.UK.

Our Service and Support Centres (SSCs) are now offering a reduced number of appointments because of COVID-19. As more appointments are made available UKVI will invite customers, via email or post, to arrange an appointment.

Access UK is now holding applications for an increased period of 240 days. This will ensure that applications remain live and valid and supporting enrolment of biometric data once services have resumed.

You will not be regarded as an overstayer or be subject to enforcement action if you are unable to attend a biometric appointment due to COVID-19 or if there are delays in processing your application. The terms of your leave will remain the same until your application is decided.

Please continue to check the GOV.UK website, where up to date advice is published. The latest information and advice for visa holders and temporary residents can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Information on support available to visa holders and temporary residents in the UK is also available on GOV.UK, at:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -in-the-uk

The latest travel advice can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advi ... oronavirus

Coronavirus Immigration Team

Didn’t know you can enrol biometrics at a postoffice.

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:08 pm

Maybe Home Office is considering reusing the Biometric enroll facilities provided by the Post Office?

Before the Home Office signed the digitalization contract with Sopra Steria in 2018, all the applicants were required to submit their biometric information in selected Post Office service points, which was an easier and cheaper option for the applicants.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Hi gurus,
I have booked a bio metrics appointment at core service point in Manchester and paid £110.

My questions are:
1. Does this service include documents scanning option at appointment time by UKVCAS officer? If yes then
I will have to download online bank statements and take their print outs, same case is with payslips and
employer letter as these all were issued to me online. So can these print outs be used at ukvkas center
instead of uploading them myself before appointment?
2. I have young children , can I take them with me as well as can my husband accompany me to this
appointment?

Thanks
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Shaaz2029 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:33 am
Applied 1st June. Still waiting to hear for any appointment or use of biometrics. Frustrating.......
have you got anything yet?
it is the end of the day and i still dont have an email or appt. am I the only one?