ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport after receiving certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

tudor2020
Newly Registered
Turkey

First passport after receiving certificate

Post by tudor2020 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:43 pm

hello friends, i will be receiving my Naturalisation certificate soon. Can I apply for my passport 5 weeks later? I want to go on holiday so is there rule to apply for passport ASAP?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First passport after receiving certificate

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:46 pm

You have to return your ilr brp card to ukvi within 5 days of attending your ceremony.

How will you travel and board a plane to renter the UK without your ilr brp card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tudor2020
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by tudor2020 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:52 pm

Ohhh that's a bad news for me. What will happen if I return it late because flight is already booked? Because if I apply for passport God know how long it will take.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:01 pm

£1000 fine according to the website. No one has ever posted getting a fine, but the amount of forum members compared to the wider nation is minute and someone probably wouldn't post if they were fined.

Passports generally take a couple of weeks, but likely some delays currently.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tudor2020
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by tudor2020 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:05 pm

Dear CR001,

Im going to have to take the risk or I'm going to get mentally break if I don't travel ASAP because I need to see a family member before she passes away. Will come back and update you if I'm fined.

tudor2020
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by tudor2020 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:07 pm

BTW CR001 I owe you a drink! How can i pay my debt?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:24 pm

How are you supposed to enter back in UK when your ILR BRP will be invalid even if you risk the fine??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tudor2020
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by tudor2020 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:18 pm

Do I have to send my other national passport when applying for UK passport? And Do I have to be present in UK when applying online during it process? Please this is urgent.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:36 pm

tudor2020 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:18 pm
Do I have to send my other national passport when applying for UK passport? And Do I have to be present in UK when applying online during it process? Please this is urgent.
You have to send your original national passport to HMPO when you apply for BP.

Have you had your ceremony yet? If not, why dont you delay the ceremony IF you are within the time frame? Travel first, come back and attend your ceremony??

You will only be british once you attend the ceremony. As CR001 already said, you will have to return your ILR BRP within 5 days after that. Even if you risk the fine I am just wondering if you will be allowed to enter UK on your invalid BRP??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tudor2020
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by tudor2020 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:52 pm

Already had my ceremony via zoom because it was coming to an end time frame. By the way council has started zoom virtual ceremony on this Monday. OK do I have to be present in UK to apply online? Is there clear rule on that?

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:00 pm

I dont understand why they ask you to send other country passport and documents again.

You hve applied for Ilr and citizenship and all these were provided, why ask again... csnt they just ask you to upload copies of documents they need and process the passport that way or make use of the recent documents with ukvcas and ho....

Filling application online and then having to go postoffice to send documents again is just not good enough. Time consuming and causes delays....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:27 pm

axeman85 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:00 pm
I dont understand why they ask you to send other country passport and documents again.

You hve applied for Ilr and citizenship and all these were provided, why ask again... csnt they just ask you to upload copies of documents they need and process the passport that way or make use of the recent documents with ukvcas and ho....

Filling application online and then having to go postoffice to send documents again is just not good enough. Time consuming and causes delays....
HMPO is a completely different department to UKVI and they need the passport to for identity purposes and to verify you are using the same name across all passports you hold to prevent multiple identities and fraud.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tudor2020
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by tudor2020 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:43 pm

Can I apply from Turkey? Or Can I apply online here in UK travel to Turkey and send my passport and certificate back by DHL to passport office? Do I need to be physically here in UK when applying? Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:09 pm

tudor2020 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:43 pm
Can I apply from Turkey? Or Can I apply online here in UK travel to Turkey and send my passport and certificate back by DHL to passport office? Do I need to be physically here in UK when applying? Thanks.
It will be a lot more harder plus for now BP may take months to process.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 13522.html

tudor2020
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by tudor2020 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:13 pm

Thank you mate.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:54 pm

There have also been cases in the last year or so of people attending their ceremony and then leaving the UK permanently (moving back home) and then applying for passports abroad. HMPO then raises this with ho and the risk is that your citizenship could be withdrawn (and you have no ilr anymore either) as you have stated in the form your intention to live in the UK etc. Not something you want to find out down the line and the associated risks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tudor2020
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by tudor2020 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:34 pm

Nationality is more important than anything at the moment. So holiday is cancelled. Thank you friends.

pseudonymmed
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by pseudonymmed » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:41 am

I would just add that sometimes passport applications can be done faster if it is an urgent need, such as a family emergency. I have no idea what proof you would need to give or how quickly it could be processed though, or whether it's been affected by Covid-19, but here's the link to the passport website section about getting a passport urgently.. you may want to call one of the numbers at the bottom of the page..

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

tudor2020
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by tudor2020 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:57 pm

pseudonymmed wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:41 am
I would just add that sometimes passport applications can be done faster if it is an urgent need, such as a family emergency. I have no idea what proof you would need to give or how quickly it could be processed though, or whether it's been affected by Covid-19, but here's the link to the passport website section about getting a passport urgently.. you may want to call one of the numbers at the bottom of the page..

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently
Thanks for an idea but that is not possible for the first BP applications. I have called them and they said I can not have it urgent.