ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed Term Contract - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Theeng90
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Late Police Registration - ILR

Post by Theeng90 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:07 am

Hello All

I know similar topics have already been discussed but mine is slightly different than the others l guess.

I have Tier 2 visa and my first entry to the UK is 10.01.2016

It’s only written ‘Pol Registration’ on the sticky visa in my passport. Therefore l didn’t understand that l should have registered to police within 7 days.

I learnt that rule in April’18 and registered on 09.04.2018. When l register, I asked police if this late registration creates any problem for ILR application and she said l don’t think so.

I haven’t got any late stamp or prosecution about the late police registration.

I will apply for ILR next year and want to ask you if it creates any problem? Do you have any experiences about this problem or any suggestions?

Thank you for your help in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Late Police Registration - ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:18 pm

It should not be an issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Theeng90
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by Theeng90 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:16 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:18 pm
Thanks Zimba.

I asked this question to different lawyers & visa consultants and received different answers. They said it won’t be an issue probably except one of them so l am still a bit concerned.

Do you have any experiences with this problem before and did they get refusal?

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:18 pm

As you have registered eventually, there should not be a problem. Others have reported the same and had no issues
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Theeng90
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by Theeng90 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:34 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:18 pm
As you have registered eventually, there should not be a problem. Others have reported the same and had no issues
Thank you.

I will update here next year.

Rong
Newly Registered
China

Post by Rong » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:54 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:18 pm
Hi Zimba,

I have the exact same problem, I am on 5-year tier 2 visa, first entered the UK under this visa was 29 May 2015, but I only realised i need to do the police registration until last night, i found out when talking to a friend of mine who recently just done her ILR, I looked at the posts here about similiar issues, so i got all the documents and went to OVRO straight away this morning try to get it sorted, but they gave me a slip said couldnt see me until Wednesday next week. I did mention my situation, and that officer said you havent register for 4.5 yrs, but you will have to wait for another couple of days...

I will go next week and try to get it registered, but wondering if similar cases (like this long) happened that you know of and what is the outcome? Sorry if this has been asked and I missed the answer, any information will be much appreciated, I due to apply for ILR in June next year and I am terrified at the moment....

Thank you

Rong

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:10 pm

The advice given above applies to you too. Go and register

Rong
Newly Registered
China

Post by Rong » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:28 pm

Went to OVRO today again and finally registered, the officer explained that she has to put a late record on the systme and it's considered a warning, but it is just for their system, wont go anywhere, and will not affect ILR application.

I thought I update here, in case anyone else had same worry, when I found out I didnt register last week, until today, i couldnt sleep properly, being paranoid, and worrying about all the negative potential outcomes...some posts here did help soothing my nerves a little bit, and I want to share this, so if you are in similar situation, do not panic, the officers are quite understanding, but i am NOT encouraging ignorance on the registartion, if you late, hurry up get it done, but do not be scared while you waiting for the appointment - i know it can take days to weeks.

That 'scared' feeling was horrible and not neccesary, been there, and now relieved.

Thank you all, who shared their advices. Really appreciate it.

Theeng90
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Company Letter for ILR

Post by Theeng90 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:44 pm

Hello,

I am a Tier 2 visa holder and will apply for ILR in November this year. My company might not keep me after November due to some issues at work. Gov.uk says this;

- your employer (sponsor) still needs you for your job - they’ll need to provide a document confirming this

If my company gives me a letter which only confirms that I have worked there for 5 years however doesn't include that they need me for the job, can I still get ILR?

Or do you have an example for the company letter for ILR application?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Company Letter for ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:58 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Theeng90
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

ILR Application Date

Post by Theeng90 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:24 am

Hello,

I know there were some discussions about ILR application date in this forum however I couldn't find my exact answer therefore your help is appreciated.

Date of issue (on BRP): 20.12.2015
Valid until (on BRP): 01.12.2020

Sticky visa in my passport (UK Entry Clearance):
Valid from: 03.01.2016

My first entry date to the UK is 10.01.2016

The 28 days rule is starting from when? If it is calculated as per date of issue on BRP, I am able to apply for ILR on 23.11.2020 however not really sure.

Thanks for your help.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Application Date

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:25 pm

Earliest date on any document, which is your BRP. Five years from that date minus 28 days. Also, there is NO such thing as 28 days rule. It is simply a concession made for ILR applications by UKVI

Theeng90
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by Theeng90 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:29 pm

Thank you for your answer.

What does any document mean? For instance, I have a letter from Home Office which statest my tier 2 visa application is succesful - issued on 17.11.2015. Can I use this letter as a reference and apply for ILR on 21.10.2020?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 pm

Theeng90 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:29 pm
Thank you for your answer.

What does any document mean? For instance, I have a letter from Home Office which statest my tier 2 visa application is succesful - issued on 17.11.2015. Can I use this letter as a reference and apply for ILR on 21.10.2020?

Regards
It is your BRP card date, as zimba has clearly stated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Theeng90
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by Theeng90 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Okay.. Thank you.

Pree247
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Pree247 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi CR001,
In one of the below post, you have mentioned it should be the date you enter the country because any time Visa stamp date comes under Absences.
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 02772.html

Could you please confirm?
My BRP Issue Date: 17/09/2015
UK Visa Start Date: 25/09/2015
UK Entry Date: 08/10/2015

As per this post, should I consider 28 days before BRP Issue i.e. 17/09/2015? However your other post differs.
Thankyou,
Pree247

youyuanannie

Post by youyuanannie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:22 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:25 pm
Earliest date on any document, which is your BRP. Five years from that date minus 28 days. Also, there is NO such thing as 28 days rule. It is simply a concession made for ILR applications by UKVI
Hi Zimba,

This is an interesting point. I thought I can only apply 28 days before I qualify. I am worried about job security and would like to apply early if the rule permits. My BPR issue date is 13/08/2015. Does it mean I can apply now rather than waiting until later this month?

Many thanks.
Yuan

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:30 pm

DO NOT tag your questions to a topic that is NOT yours.
Ask questions in YOUR OWN posts. This has now been repeated a million times :!:

Theeng90
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Fixed Term Contract - ILR

Post by Theeng90 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:44 am

Hello,

I am a tier 2 visa holder and have been working at the sponsor company since January, 2016. My ILR application date is 20.11.2020 however my copmany will end my permanent contract by end of this month due to covid'19.

They offered me to keep me until March 2021 with a fixed term contract for the same position.

Can I still apply for ILR with a letter from the company which states I am a fixed term contractor until March'21 to home office during my ILR application?

I am asking this question due to this item written on gov.uk; your employer (sponsor) still needs you for your job - they’ll need to provide a document confirming this

Thanks for your help.

Harish chandra

Re: Fixed Term Contract - ILR

Post by Harish chandra » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:37 am

Theeng90 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:44 am
Hello,

I am a tier 2 visa holder and have been working at the sponsor company since January, 2016. My ILR application date is 20.11.2020 however my copmany will end my permanent contract by end of this month due to covid'19.

They offered me to keep me until March 2021 with a fixed term contract for the same position.

Can I still apply for ILR with a letter from the company which states I am a fixed term contractor until March'21 to home office during my ILR application?

I am asking this question due to this item written on gov.uk; your employer (sponsor) still needs you for your job - they’ll need to provide a document confirming this

Thanks for your help.
Hi
Many people with fixed term contracts got ILR. It depends on lot of unknown factors such as 10 year route applicants are exempt from employment and super priority services. You should not follow the immigration rules one you have shared as this is vague. You should follow

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... sed-system

245HFc rule.

I am in same situation. Foreseeable future word has many interpretations according to TORT law. If you are on fixed term contract for 4 years then you can be considered permanent according to UK law. Again permanent contract don't have a fixed date. At the same time permanent contract is not forever. Home office cannot hold your application for 2 years and if we looseb our job, and say you are not eligible for ilr on foreseeable future grounds.
If your company gives a confirmation in writing that you are required for foreseeable future and will be paid for foreseeable future, then that should be ok. That certificate should be valid on the day of decision. This is when super priority services play a key role.

ILR is a tough game.

Thanks in advance

Theeng90
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Re: Fixed Term Contract - ILR

Post by Theeng90 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:58 pm

Thanks for your answer

I am wondering as it’ll be fixed term contract and my company will change my tax & payment and inform HMRC, it might be problem for ILR application. It’s a really complicated situation and there is no exact answer.