ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

Ash9090
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Ash9090 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:59 pm

Ash9090 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:13 pm

My time line for EEA settlement scheme

I am Non EEA National (Divorce 4years ago currently On Leave to remain2.5 years Biometric Residence Permitt ) “EX WIFE and My son already has their SETTLEMENT status in October 2019”
I Applied online 26 January 2020 “Attached EX WIFE Application settlement Number with my online application, email received stating that your application has been submitted successfully send your BRP card to confirm your ID which i did straightaway and got it back in 5 days furthermore uploaded EX WIFE PASSPORT +marriage and divorce certificates+ex wife 10 years work history from HMRC + my 10years bank statements to proof my residency in the UK . Since then I haven’t receive any email or letter for Biometric and of course no C O A either , email to H O same reply we are working on it will be notifying you soon , called twice and got reply that you have submitted your BRP not BRC thats why its taking long time to retrieving your data 🙄 16th of march today more then 7 weeks they haven’t retrieved my data yet very strange that and stressful.
Any one who’s having a same situation like me ? ? Please share your experience and send some helpful suggestions thanks 🙏🏻
Kind Regards 😊 GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE👍🏻
Just to update you all ,received my Settlement status “I L R “ on 10th of july, it took 5 months 13 days all together. Thanks everyone and big thank you for this forum 🙏🏻👍🏻
Good luck and best wishes for those who are waiting for final outcome. Do not give do not lose hope .

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:42 pm

I just saw this link. It’s about the Chief-Inspector of the scheme asking anyone who has any evidence about the issues in the link, with evidence, to contact him.

Here is the link below

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/call ... ent-scheme

jossywilliams
Newly Registered

Post by jossywilliams » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:19 pm

Ash9090 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:59 pm
Ash9090 wrote:

I am Non EEA National (Divorce 4years ago currently On Leave to remain2.5 years Biometric Residence Permitt ) “EX WIFE and My son already has their SETTLEMENT status in October 2019”
I Applied online 26 January 2020 “Attached EX WIFE Application settlement Number with my online application, email received stating that your application has been submitted successfully send your BRP card to confirm your ID which i did straightaway and got it back in 5 days furthermore uploaded EX WIFE PASSPORT +marriage and divorce certificates+ex wife 10 years work history from HMRC + my 10years bank statements to proof my residency in the UK . Since then I haven’t receive any email or letter for Biometric and of course no C O A either , email to H O same reply we are working on it will be notifying you soon , called twice and got reply that you have submitted your BRP not BRC thats why its taking long time to retrieving your data 🙄 16th of march today more then 7 weeks they haven’t retrieved my data yet very strange that and stressful.
Any one who’s having a same situation like me ? ? Please share your experience and send some helpful suggestions thanks 🙏🏻
Just to update you all ,received my Settlement status “I L R “ on 10th of july, it took 5 months 13 days all together. Thanks everyone and big thank you for this forum 🙏🏻👍🏻
Good luck and best wishes for those who are waiting for final outcome. Do not give do not lose hope .
Big congratulations 👏

Muri123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Muri123 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:40 pm

Garth1989 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:45 am
Hi all,

Received so good news this morning, my Settled status application was approved. Details:

Applied 24 Jan 2020, under dependent child over 21 years route via online app. Linked my application to my fathers application as he applied at the same time as me. He received Settled 29 Jan 2020
28 Jan: Had to post BRC as the app wouldnt pick up the chip.
13 Feb: Received COA and BRC returned via first class post.
Settled Status granted, email and letter dated: 29 June 2020

Phoned the call centre at least once a month in order to get an update but received the generic response of "its sitting with case worker and cant give an update" etc. Two weeks ago I phoned again and asked to speak to a supervisor to indicate my annoyance at the process time and the level of anxiety it causes. She was very kind and understanding but said that they were unable to provide more updates on when it would be issued.

Last week Tuesday I decided to log a complaint via the HO online complaint form, so I feel like this really lights a fire under them as received the response today.

A question for those that have converted their BRC to reflect their new status ? is this a strait forward process online or are there still complexities/refusals that can happen. Any info on the process will be welcomed.

What document did you submitted?

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:26 am

Muri123 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:40 pm
Garth1989 wrote:
Hi all,

Received so good news this morning, my Settled status application was approved. Details:

Applied 24 Jan 2020, under dependent child over 21 years route via online app. Linked my application to my fathers application as he applied at the same time as me. He received Settled 29 Jan 2020

Phoned the call centre at least once a month in order to get an update but received the generic response of "its sitting with case worker and cant give an update" etc. Two weeks ago I phoned again and asked to speak to a supervisor to indicate my annoyance at the process time and the level of anxiety it causes. She was very kind and understanding but said that they were unable to provide more updates on when it would be issued.

Last week Tuesday I decided to log a complaint via the HO online complaint form, so I feel like this really lights a fire under them as received the response today.

A question for those that have converted their BRC to reflect their new status ? is this a strait forward process online or are there still complexities/refusals that can happen. Any info on the process will be welcomed.

Are you referring to what documents i submitted as part of my settled status application or when I changed my EEA BRC to a Settled Status BRC?

Muri123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Muri123 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:59 am

Garth1989 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:26 am
Muri123 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:40 pm
Garth1989 wrote:
Hi all,

Are you referring to what documents i submitted as part of my settled status application or when I changed my EEA BRC to a Settled Status BRC?
What document did you submitted for settle status

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:07 am

Monthly bank statements for myself and my EEA family member over the last 5 years, usually 6 months from each year. Shows transfers to my account and proves dependency.
Copy of family members passport and Settled status confirmation letter.
Confirmation of university enrolment for the applicable years.
Copy of passport stamp page when I entered UK.
Rental agreements and council tax bills in both our names.
copy of EEA BRC front and back.
Excel file containing travel dates in and out of the UK.

Georges11
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Georges11 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:58 pm

Hi Guys

I wanna share my friend experience with EU settlement: He been married for 12 years and never had RC because he was refused several times he been waiting for a divorce since 2015.

He applied for EU settlement in May 2019, and system gave him an option for Settled status he just received his Settled status 2 weeks ago after uploading his Divorce decree.

Tiktok
Morocco

Post by Tiktok » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:19 am

Ash9090 wrote:
Ash9090 wrote:

Hi mate what's ur immigration history please if you don't mind thanks

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:41 pm

eke123 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:06 pm
Hello everyone
I've heard back from my MP
And this is what HO replied

On 18 January 2020, Mr xxx applied under the EU Settlement Scheme. I am sorry for the delay in concluding his application.

The published processing times for applications under the EU Settlement Scheme specify that applications usually take between five working days and a month to process. However, processing times can be extended where:

* A caseworker needs to request more information from the applicant
* An applicant is applying as a minor and their application is not linked to an adult
* They submit a paper application
* They have a relevant criminal record
* The applicant is a non-European Economic Area or non-Swiss citizen and is applying based on a relationship they have not relied on in a previous application to the Home Office.

As Mr xxx is applying under the EU Settlement Scheme based on a relationship that he has not relied on in a previous application to the Home Office, his application will take longer to process. In these instances, processing times will vary on a case-by-case basis.

Part of the application process entails routinely conducting checks with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these checks varies according to the particular circumstance of each application, and only once these checks are complete can a decision be made on whether to issue status under the EU Settlement Scheme. However, the progress of these checks is regularly monitored.

So far, our enquiries have not been completed with regards to Mr xxx's application. We are continuing to process applications during this time, however, due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we have changed our working practices to keep both staff and customers safe. In light of this, I am unable to provide a timescale as to when a decision will be made as applications may take longer than usual to conclude and we kindly ask for your patience during this period.

Once a decision has been made, Mr xxxxx will be notified accordingly.

So I'm wondering what kind of checks they're conducting with other government departments and external agencies.

Application 18/01/2020
Biometrics 27/01/2020
COA 16/04/2020.
My wife has been granted settled status and I submitted our marriage certificate and my three year old sons birth certificate.

Can some shed a light on this please
Im confused
Hi Eke,This is an excerpt from the reply from the HO from previous post.I hope It’ll be of help.

“Processing times for applications submitted under the scheme may be increased due to a number
of factors including, but not limited to, the following:
• Impending prosecutions/ relevant criminal record
• Ascertaining the relationship between a non-EU citizen and their qualifying EU sponsor
• The requirement to provide additional evidence
• Mandatory background checks
• Previous immigration history
Please note that the above list is comprised of examples only and is not exhaustive.”

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Ash9090 wrote:
Ash9090 wrote:

Congratulations!! :D

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Nasara1 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:41 pm
eke123 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:06 pm
Hello everyone
I've heard back from my MP
And this is what HO replied

On 18 January 2020, Mr xxx applied under the EU Settlement Scheme. I am sorry for the delay in concluding his application.

The published processing times for applications under the EU Settlement Scheme specify that applications usually take between five working days and a month to process. However, processing times can be extended where:

* A caseworker needs to request more information from the applicant
* An applicant is applying as a minor and their application is not linked to an adult
* They submit a paper application
* They have a relevant criminal record
* The applicant is a non-European Economic Area or non-Swiss citizen and is applying based on a relationship they have not relied on in a previous application to the Home Office.

As Mr xxx is applying under the EU Settlement Scheme based on a relationship that he has not relied on in a previous application to the Home Office, his application will take longer to process. In these instances, processing times will vary on a case-by-case basis.

Part of the application process entails routinely conducting checks with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these checks varies according to the particular circumstance of each application, and only once these checks are complete can a decision be made on whether to issue status under the EU Settlement Scheme. However, the progress of these checks is regularly monitored.

So far, our enquiries have not been completed with regards to Mr xxx's application. We are continuing to process applications during this time, however, due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we have changed our working practices to keep both staff and customers safe. In light of this, I am unable to provide a timescale as to when a decision will be made as applications may take longer than usual to conclude and we kindly ask for your patience during this period.

Once a decision has been made, Mr xxxxx will be notified accordingly.

So I'm wondering what kind of checks they're conducting with other government departments and external agencies.

Application 18/01/2020
Biometrics 27/01/2020
COA 16/04/2020.
My wife has been granted settled status and I submitted our marriage certificate and my three year old sons birth certificate.

Can some shed a light on this please
Im confused
Hi Eke,This is an excerpt from the reply from the HO from previous post.I hope It’ll be of help.

“Processing times for applications submitted under the scheme may be increased due to a number
of factors including, but not limited to, the following:
• Impending prosecutions/ relevant criminal record
• Ascertaining the relationship between a non-EU citizen and their qualifying EU sponsor
• The requirement to provide additional evidence
• Mandatory background checks
• Previous immigration history
Please note that the above list is comprised of examples only and is not exhaustive.”
Thanks a lot Nasara1
You've made me understand it more.
Only God knows when this will end.
Last time I spoke to them they said anytime soon but it still hasn't happened.
Hopefully it'll be joy in the end.
Good luck to us all.

ravian3
Newly Registered

Post by ravian3 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:11 pm

ravian3 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 am
Hi
My timeline is
Applied - 23/03/20
Biomatrics - 19/05/20
COA - 25/06/20

I’ve got an email from them asking me to to confirm if I’m happy to be issued pre-settle status? Does that mean they’ve granted me ? Email below.

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme.

We are in the process of considering your application and we require your verbal consent to issue pre-settled status based on your marriage.

We have tried to contact you by telephone but have been unsuccessful.

Can you please contact us and confirm if you are happy to be issued with pre-settled status.

Please provide this information within two weeks of the date of this e-mail so that we can decide your application as quickly as possible.
Granted pre-settle status today. Thanks this forum has been really helpful. Hope everyone gets their Status soon

shay007

Post by shay007 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:26 pm

ravian3 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:11 pm
ravian3 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 am
Hi
My timeline is
Applied - 23/03/20
Biomatrics - 19/05/20
COA - 25/06/20

I’ve got an email from them asking me to to confirm if I’m happy to be issued pre-settle status? Does that mean they’ve granted me ? Email below.

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme.

We are in the process of considering your application and we require your verbal consent to issue pre-settled status based on your marriage.

We have tried to contact you by telephone but have been unsuccessful.

Can you please contact us and confirm if you are happy to be issued with pre-settled status.

Please provide this information within two weeks of the date of this e-mail so that we can decide your application as quickly as possible.
Granted pre-settle status today. Thanks this forum has been really helpful. Hope everyone gets their Status soon
Congratulations :D

Crystal2020
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Crystal2020 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:21 pm

Submitted euss app since 9/05/2019
Coa - 20/08/2019
Status - still waiting :(

Been waiting for over 1 year now , called millions of times , just the usual generic response .

This just doesnt seem fair at all , hoping to hear a good news soon just gotta be patient and have faith.

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Post by Ugosonic » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:16 am

Crystal2020 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:21 pm
Submitted EU Settlement Scheme app since 9/05/2019
Coa - 20/08/2019
Status - still waiting :(

Been waiting for over 1 year now , called millions of times , just the usual generic response .

This just doesnt seem fair at all , hoping to hear a good news soon just gotta be patient and have faith.
Did they ask you to provide any evidence after or before they issued CoA ? And what did you apply as?

deeop
Newly Registered

Post by deeop » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:31 am

Non eu family member
Submitted pre settled 27/11/19
COA 28/11/19
No decision yet at this time of writing..what is all this , putting people in distress and unsettled mental state. Now my resident permit is about to expire and my employers has notified me. What should I do ..this is not fair at all. What should I do...Any form of advice will be helpful. 😪😔

Crystal2020
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Crystal2020 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:10 am

It was a non eu family member paper application .
Applied based on my father being an irish citizen as a dependent over 21 .

I do understand paper application does take long but waiting over a year for a decision is injustice .

I provided them with every single evidence they requested for excluding my passport , I'm unable to apply for a passport due to circumstances beyond me .
I received the Coa by post confirming the receipt of my valid application not long after I was contacted by email twice to provide my father's 5year residency and also proof that I depend on him .

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:48 pm

deeop wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:31 am
Non eu family member
COA 28/11/19
No decision yet at this time of writing..what is all this , putting people in distress and unsettled mental state. Now my resident permit is about to expire and my employers has notified me. What should I do ..this is not fair at all. What should I do...Any form of advice will be helpful. 😪😔
What sort of permit do you have now? Your COA should state that you are allowed to carry on working for another 6 months.You may want to have a look at that possibility.

Nanateris
Newly Registered

Post by Nanateris » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:03 pm

My wife's timeline (non-eu national)

Applied: November 2019 - online application, uploaded our marriage certificate and council tax bills, linked her application to mine ( Eu national with settled status from May 2019)

Biometrics: one day after application

CoA: December 2019

After that:
1) numerous calls to Eu settlement scheme - only got generic responses (the case is with caseworker, keep eyes on email, it is in final stages)
2) contacted MP in June 2020 who also received only general reaponse from HO
3) July 2020 - logged online complain with HO about unreasonable delays - week after complaining to HO my spouse received pre-settlement via email

It took 8 months.
Everyone - good luck! :)

deeop
Newly Registered

Post by deeop » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:08 pm

Nasara1 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:48 pm
deeop wrote:
Non eu family member
COA 28/11/19
What sort of permit do you have now? Your COA should state that you are allowed to carry on working for another 6 months.You may want to have a look at that possibility.
If that is the case then my COA has expired because it was issued in nov 2019 so more than 6 months now. God.

Georges11
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Georges11 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:31 pm

deeop wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:08 pm
Nasara1 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:48 pm
deeop wrote:
Non eu family member
COA 28/11/19
If that is the case then my COA has expired because it was issued in nov 2019 so more than 6 months now. God.
dear friend

please read and provide your
name and nationality for home office
also your date of birth and application number with your address.
You can apply for a replacement Certificate of Application from the Home Office if your Certificate of Application is more than six months old and you require a replacement. A replacement will only be provided if your application has not yet been determined by the Home Office or if the application has been refused but you have lodged an in-time appeal against that decision and the appeal remains outstanding.

To apply for a replacement Certificate of Application, you should e-mail the Home Office at NWEUROCOARequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

deeop
Newly Registered

Post by deeop » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:38 pm

Thank you very much ..this platform is very useful for information. I will send the email for a replacement. The waiting is a killer. 😢😢😢😢

admin1
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by admin1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:09 pm

hello, does anyone know what is the time frame for an eu national to get their pre-settle status approved after the pandemic ?

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:39 pm

admin1 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:09 pm
hello, does anyone know what is the time frame for an eu national to get their pre-settle status approved after the pandemic ?
I don't know in general. But EU national is likely very fast.
For online application of settled status after pandemic though, the fastest I know takes less than 1 working day :D ; then some takes a few weeks.