ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abhardwaj1390

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:54 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:29 am
passat wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:16 am
I don't know what kind of system is UKVCAS operating. The people eligible for biometric reuse are at a disadvantage now. I had applied online on 9th May, received the biometrics reuse email on 3rd July and haven't received anything else yet. On the other hand people who applied in June are getting appointment booking emails. I wish I could book a new biometrics appointment instead of waiting indefinitely for instructions about biometrics reuse.
Thats the bitter reality but we all are in together. Hang in there :roll:
I think they may have looked at application. Interim indefinite may have been granted to all of us. They are not biased I presume. I am also waiting since 03rd of July. Application date 13.04.2020. Just hang in their.

Do you think they have looked at the application with uploaded docs otherwise how they will stop others to have biometrics.

There is something behind the curtain. Lets wait and see. I think by end of next week picture will be more clearer.

Please share your thoughts

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:00 pm

Looking at what is going on. I think eu and non eea family members with settled status are the ones they are asking to come for biometrics but I might be wrong. No one can really say what criteria they are using. I had to pay £135 for mine
Fingers crossed they will get to those waiting by month end. Best of luck guys....

Waiting game for decision now for me

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:37 pm

axeman85 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:00 pm
Looking at what is going on. I think eu and non eea family members with settled status are the ones they are asking to come for biometrics but I might be wrong. No one can really say what criteria they are using. I had to pay £135 for mine
Fingers crossed they will get to those waiting by month end. Best of luck guys....

Waiting game for decision now for me
I am an eu family member with settled status only and no PR. I gave my biometric last year (apr 2019) and did receive biometric reuse email for application made in May 2020.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:40 pm

By the looks of it: I think one of the major factors in the decision to attend the biometrics is the nationality you belong to. Certain nationalities maybe are not given an option to reuse biometrics.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:03 pm

@sakuap

Wellbi just thought am in the same as you and gave biometrics last year and got invite to book biometrics in Monday and had it yesterday.. as i said no one knows the criteria they use ...

DianaK91
Newly Registered

Post by DianaK91 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:23 pm

axeman85 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:03 pm
@sakuap

Wellbi just thought am in the same as you and gave biometrics last year and got invite to book biometrics in Monday and had it yesterday.. as i said no one knows the criteria they use ...
Have they told you the estimated time required for a decision after you submitted your biometrics? would they try to accelerate the decision considering the delay and lockdown?

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:41 pm

@dianak91

They don't tell you the time scale or when they will notify you even with the lockdown delay. From now it is just a waiting game and hoping they answer on time. I have seen some people take 14/15 days from biometrics. So its just fingers crossed ....

Leandros
Newly Registered

Post by Leandros » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:01 pm

hgvhgvh wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:15 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:04 am
hgvhgvh wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:02 am
This issue:

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:38 am

What is the issue you facing?
Are you using the link in the email? Did you try to login from UKVCAS direct from the website?
Yes, tried both :(
Hi, have you tried logging in via the "return to your application" link that we received via email from visas-immigration.service.gov.uk where you would be asked to resume your old application? This workaround worked for me to login and to book an appointment. I had the same problem as you are having in the screenshot with the link UKVAS sent me. Good luck.

Choudhryalim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Choudhryalim » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:24 am

Hello all,
I made an application for naturalisation on 16 June 2020 and received confirmation from UKVI on 17 June 2020 that my application has been received.
I have received absolutely no instructions from UKVCAS regarding how I may book an appointment to enrol my biometrics
Neither did I receive any e mail confirmation that my previous biometrics will be reused.
Yesterday (22/07/2020) was supposed to be the last day by which we should have received the e mails, but I can see that there are many people in a similar situation like myself.
If it helps, I gave my biometrics last year when I applied for settled status as a non eu family member of an EU national
And yeah... both my name and my email starts with M
I will keep you all updated and kindly please do the same
Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:20 am

Choudhryalim wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:24 am
Hello all,
I made an application for naturalisation on 16 June 2020 and received confirmation from UKVI on 17 June 2020 that my application has been received.
I have received absolutely no instructions from UKVCAS regarding how I may book an appointment to enrol my biometrics
Neither did I receive any e mail confirmation that my previous biometrics will be reused.
Yesterday (22/07/2020) was supposed to be the last day by which we should have received the e mails, but I can see that there are many people in a similar situation like myself.
If it helps, I gave my biometrics last year when I applied for settled status as a non eu family member of an EU national
And yeah... both my name and my email starts with M
I will keep you all updated and kindly please do the same
Regards
No one so far from the June applicants have reported to receive a biometrics reuse email so your not alone.
Most likely everyone from June who were chosen to attend biometrics have received email to book by now. Most likely all others left are eligible for biometrics reuse.
Reuse biometrics email should follow for the rest of the remaining lot within the June date range. Maybe we wil start receiving from today 23rd. Fingers crossed!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:43 am

DianaK91 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:41 am
null1639 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:12 am
Hello has anyone who can reuse biometrics receive any follow up from ukvcas ?
No, and this is so unfair, I applied on the 1 April, been waiting all this time and since the announcement and email from 3 July that we are in this re-use category heard nothing. Also called to UKVCAS last Friday and asked them when actually we receive these instructions, and they said eee, well, soon, shortly or a few weeks...
I really lost my sleep, come on, 4 months to wait for nothing, and meanwhile, people who applied in June received an email with links to book an appointment, absolutely strange system.
But I thought if we were selected to be able to reuse our biometrics, it means they will process the application. So the next thing we will hear is approval/disapproval from them ?

Whereas others who need to book appointment, their application is on hold until they can go to the ukvcas center for biometrics.

Anyway let’s keep update. Finger crossed !

DianaK91
Newly Registered

Post by DianaK91 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:53 am

null1639 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:43 am
DianaK91 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:41 am
null1639 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:12 am
Hello has anyone who can reuse biometrics receive any follow up from ukvcas ?
No, and this is so unfair, I applied on the 1 April, been waiting all this time and since the announcement and email from 3 July that we are in this re-use category heard nothing. Also called to UKVCAS last Friday and asked them when actually we receive these instructions, and they said eee, well, soon, shortly or a few weeks...
I really lost my sleep, come on, 4 months to wait for nothing, and meanwhile, people who applied in June received an email with links to book an appointment, absolutely strange system.
But I thought if we were selected to be able to reuse our biometrics, it means they will process the application. So the next thing we will hear is approval/disapproval from them ?

Whereas others who need to book appointment, their application is on hold until they can go to the ukvcas center for biometrics.

Anyway let’s keep update. Finger crossed !
I am not so positive as you) we only submitted our docs on 21 July 2020 (and the button to submit appeared in UKVCAS on 14 July only), so this is, in my opinion, the worst situation, I browsed the forum and saw people applied before and after me and had their appointments and some even decisions, and this re-use is the most strange process - no clarity or timeline...

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:13 pm

I submitted my application on 17 june and just received the “reuse” email. What happens next?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:17 pm

therock wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:13 pm
I submitted my application on 17 june and just received the “reuse” email. What happens next?
You are the first one to report that. Seems like reuse emails will start pouring in now. Now, you just have to wait for the next step.

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:17 pm

I received an email with subject COVID-19: Update as a result of new UKVI Policy for biometric reuse.

Applied on 18th June for naturalisation and previously submitted biometrics for ILR last year.

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:17 pm
You are the first one to report that. Seems like reuse emails will start pouring in now. Now, you just have to wait for the next step.
How long does it take to receive instructions for next step?

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:23 pm

therock wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:22 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
How long does it take to receive instructions for next step?
I don't think anyone would be able to advise until UKVI publishes something on Biomtric reuse

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:29 pm

Read on one FB group, someone applied in early June got an email saying they don't have to appear for the Biometrics, so sounds like they started sending the emails.... will go on to refresh,refresh,refresh lol

Helen123

Post by Helen123 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I applied on June 1st and just received my reuse email about 5 minutes ago.

For context, I am a Canadian and my last biometrics enrollment was for ILR in 2018.

NNHidayah
Newly Registered

Post by NNHidayah » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:51 pm

coolrockspart2 wrote:
I received an email with subject COVID-19: Update as a result of new UKVI Policy for biometric reuse.

Applied on 18th June for naturalisation and previously submitted biometrics for ILR last year.
I just received the 'biometric reuse' email as well. It says that we have to wait for further email to submit facial image

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:53 pm

NNHidayah wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:51 pm
coolrockspart2 wrote:

I just received the 'biometric reuse' email as well. It says that we have to wait for further email to submit facial image
You have applied for ILR, NOT British citizenship. You have posted in the British citizenship biometric topic. Please post in the ILR sub forum!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:10 pm

Just wondering over how many days do we expect the biometric re-use emails to keep coming?!!
And in which order are they being sent out?!!
Applied on June 11th and nothing yet.. applicants with later dates have received their emails..
clearly this is not the fair process claimed and surely it can be done in a better way?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:13 pm

Fendi wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:10 pm
Just wondering over how many days do we expect the biometric re-use emails to keep coming?!!
And in which order are they being sent out?!!
Applied on June 11th and nothing yet.. applicants with later dates have received their emails..
clearly this is not the fair process claimed and surely it can be done in a better way?
Not sure how the system pushes emails, definitely its not the date order.. just hang in there you shall receive soon too maybe in a span of 1-2 days. I applied on 22nd and have not received any either.

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:24 pm

Nothing else can be done, so I hear you.
This will eventually be over one way or another!
Just wish we were spared this anxious wait.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:28 pm

Fendi wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:24 pm
Nothing else can be done, so I hear you.
This will eventually be over one way or another!
Just wish we were spared this anxious wait.
Its a long process, for now we are waiting for reuse bio emails, then we will wait for submission of facial images, then we will wait for decisions, then approval letters, then ceremony invitation letters, then booking a ceremony with the council, then applying for a passport. The current crisis has made everything lagged so we have to stay positive and mentally prepared to face the LONG delays! We all are in together!