ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global talent visa second job

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SREEHB
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Global talent visa second job

Post by SREEHB » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:05 am

Type of visa: Global talent visa(GTV)
Query: Wanted to know the allowed working hours for a second job

I am employed on a 37 hr full time job and would like to apply for a grant award which demands 15hr per week commitment. So, this should be in addition to my 37hr per week. I understand that if i opt out from 48hr working week, i will be able to meet the extra commitment. But, i am wondering about the allowed working hours for a second job under global talent visa.

Moreover, there is no information about the restrictions about nature of second job although the visa allows self employment too. Tier 2 general visa has clear instructions set out on how the second job should not interfere with the commitments of main sponsor company. However, GTV did not have any such guidelines. Is it because , the visa is not linked to any sponsor? Any guidance in this regards is deeply appreciated. Thank you.

secret.simon

Re: Global talent visa second job

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:22 am

When you say "Global Talent Visa", do you mean "Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa" or is there some other (perhaps older) category that you are referring to?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:19 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:22 am
When you say "Global Talent Visa", do you mean "Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa" or is there some other (perhaps older) category that you are referring to?
Global talent visa is the new tier 1 exceptional talent/promise visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:19 pm
Ahh, thank you for that, CR001. The renaming of existing visas structures can get confusing.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:03 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:01 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:19 pm
Ahh, thank you for that, CR001. The renaming of existing visas structures can get confusing.
Indeed. Been meaning to open a new sub category but never got round to it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:10 pm

SREEHB wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:05 am
Type of visa: Global talent visa(GTV)
Query: Wanted to know the allowed working hours for a second job

I am employed on a 37 hr full time job and would like to apply for a grant award which demands 15hr per week commitment. So, this should be in addition to my 37hr per week. I understand that if i opt out from 48hr working week, i will be able to meet the extra commitment. But, i am wondering about the allowed working hours for a second job under global talent visa.

Moreover, there is no information about the restrictions about nature of second job although the visa allows self employment too. Tier 2 general visa has clear instructions set out on how the second job should not interfere with the commitments of main sponsor company. However, GTV did not have any such guidelines. Is it because , the visa is not linked to any sponsor? Any guidance in this regards is deeply appreciated. Thank you.
Yes, you can do whatever second or 3rd or 4th job you want. The GTV is not tied to any employer. My friend who has now got GTV visa (she works as a full-time researcher in a UK university) has just started an evening job at a nail spa near her home. She has also signed up a one-off consulting contract for 5 weeks equivalent (200 hours of paid consulting work) with a private firm

The GTV allows you to work in any company or be independently employed (or indeed if you choose not to have a job at all, even that's fine). When it comes to applying for settlement, you need to show proof of earnings in the UK linked to your expert field for which the endorsement was issued.

I am waiting for my stage 2 application decision.