ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just applied for visa... what now?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Re: Bank statements missing one day?

Post by Manugmedia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:39 pm

EveryByway wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:21 pm
Hi all,

I'm freaking out a bit... I'm applying for my spouse's FLR(M) visa tomorrow, just getting the final documents ready, and...

There is one day missing from my last 6 months' bank statements.

The bank statements are automatically generated by my bank (Santander) each month. I printed them off and took them to the bank, where they were stamped. However, looking at the dates on them just as I finalise all my documents, it's as follows:

1. 24th January - 24th February
2. 25th February - 23rd March
3. 24th March - 23rd April
4. 24th April - 23rd May
5. 25th May - 22nd June
6. 23rd June - 23rd July

As you can see... there is one day missing! 24th May. This mistake was caused by the bank, these are my official automatic bank statements that are generated every month on my account. I didn't order them for specific dates, these are the monthly bank statements.

Will this be an issue!? I note that 24th May is a Sunday, does this have anything to do with it? No transactions happened on that day, and the amount is the same from the end of bank statement 4 and the beginning of bank statement 5.

Help please!
I wouldn't worry too much honestly. looks like a common thing, we submitted ours with lots of gaps showing:
Nov - 22nov to 12dec
Dec - 23dec to 6thjan
Jan - 23jan onwards
As long as the closing balance and opening balance matches, i think that's fine. We didn't even address the gaps and all was well. Even if you go back to the bank and request new ones they will still have the same gaps. we did request but there is nothing the bank can do. It should be fine.
Just don't complicate it attaching any irrelevant docs otherwise the ECO will be confused.

EveryByway
BANNED

Post by EveryByway » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:55 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:39 pm
I wouldn't worry too much honestly. looks like a common thing, we submitted ours with lots of gaps showing:
Nov - 22nov to 12dec
Dec - 23dec to 6thjan
Jan - 23jan onwards
As long as the closing balance and opening balance matches, i think that's fine. We didn't even address the gaps and all was well. Even if you go back to the bank and request new ones they will still have the same gaps. we did request but there is nothing the bank can do. It should be fine.
Just don't complicate it attaching any irrelevant docs otherwise the ECO will be confused.
Thanks, that’s good to know. The guidelines say ‘continuous’ bank statements so I’ll attach the 6 bank statements I was going to attach anyway (with the gap), plus the other bank statement that covers the gap, I’ll title it ‘Additional bank statement’ for completeness, at least I can’t be challenged or refused on this.

Anyone have any advice on the payslips situation?

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:12 pm

EveryByway wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:55 pm
Manugmedia wrote:
Nov - 22nov to 12dec
Dec - 23dec to 6thjan
Jan - 23jan onwards
Thanks, that’s good to know. The guidelines say ‘continuous’ bank statements so I’ll attach the 6 bank statements I was going to attach anyway (with the gap), plus the other bank statement that covers the gap, I’ll title it ‘Additional bank statement’ for completeness, at least I can’t be challenged or refused on this.

Anyone have any advice on the payslips situation?
Just address the additional bank statement on the cover letter for clarity.
You can address the payslip on the cover letter as well, as you note 29Feb was a Saturday and banks transactions are always dated Monday to Friday, with electronic banking looks like the payroll was cleared in-time for the transaction to appear same day otherwise they would have shown as 2nd March.

EveryByway
BANNED

Post by EveryByway » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:19 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:12 pm
Just address the additional bank statement on the cover letter for clarity.
You can address the payslip on the cover letter as well, as you note 29Feb was a Saturday and banks transactions are always dated Monday to Friday, with electronic banking looks like the payroll was cleared in-time for the transaction to appear same day otherwise they would have shown as 2nd March.
Thanks for all your help, you have saved me a great deal of stress!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:33 pm

Manugmedia wrote:

Nov - 22nov to 12dec
Dec - 23dec to 6thjan
Jan - 23jan onwards
As long as the closing balance and opening balance matches, i think that's fine.
It must be classed as a prototype case. Mercuriality over the continuity of bank statements usually doesn't fulfill the criteria. Keeping intact the frequency of bank statements never derail the chronology.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

EveryByway
BANNED

Post by EveryByway » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:38 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:33 pm
Manugmedia wrote:

Nov - 22nov to 12dec
Dec - 23dec to 6thjan
Jan - 23jan onwards
As long as the closing balance and opening balance matches, i think that's fine.
It must be classed as a prototype case. Mercuriality over the continuity of bank statements usually doesn't fulfill the criteria. Keeping intact the frequency of bank statements never derail the chronology.
So do you think if I add the additional bank statement (and explain in the cover letter), as well as explain the 29th Feb payslip issue in the cover letter, it should be fine?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:06 pm

EveryByway wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:38 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:33 pm
Manugmedia wrote:

Nov - 22nov to 12dec
Dec - 23dec to 6thjan
Jan - 23jan onwards
So do you think if I add the additional bank statement (and explain in the cover letter), as well as explain the 29th Feb payslip issue in the cover letter, it should be fine?
Yes you can add covering letter. Regarding 29th Feb payslip don't even think which is pretty normal.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

EveryByway
BANNED

Just applied for visa... what now?

Post by EveryByway » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi all,

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I'm not finding the UKVCAS website very helpful.

My wife just applied for her first FLR(M) visa, from Tier 5 YMS. Woo hoo! We paid the health surcharge and the visa fee. My wife then set up an account on the UKVCAS website. I have a few questions about next steps:

1. We tried to book an appointment, but there are none. Will we be e-mailed by UKVCAS in a few weeks when there are some?
2. Her visa runs out in three weeks - will we be covered by Section 3C now that we have paid for the application?
3. Will all of the documents/evidence be handled online, or in-person?
4. Is there anything we need to do with her passport?
5. Should I now start uploading documents on the UKVCAS website?
6. We haven't received any notification yet from UKVI or Home Office with a Case ID. My partner's employer is already alerting us that her visa is running out soon (3 weeks). I think you need a Case ID in order for employer to do Employer Checking Service? Do you know when we might receive this Case ID? We have the 'unique application number' but I think that's for BRP, we also have the IHS number but I don't think these will help with Employer Checking Service? Any help please - shall we contact our MP to chase up the Home Office? Or get a solicitor to write a letter to wife's employer?

Thank you everyone for all your help on this website.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Just applied for visa... what now?

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:11 pm

1. Yes hopefully or UKVI

2. Yes

3. Online

4. Just scan & upload it and keep it preserved

5. Give application reference number to her employer who can perform right of works check with UKVi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:12 pm

Topics merged!! It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have. Please keep all queries in one topic, this one.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Everything must be uploaded digitally to UKCVAS.

4. Scan and upload and take with yo your appointment when you have one.

5. Yes.

6. UAN number can possible be used. Don't expect much from HO at each stage. Many don't get an acknowledgement. Let her employer red about section 3C.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-3d-leave
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

EveryByway
BANNED

Post by EveryByway » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:12 pm
Topics merged!! It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have. Please keep all queries in one topic, this one.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Everything must be uploaded digitally to UKCVAS.

4. Scan and upload and take with yo your appointment when you have one.

5. Yes.

6. UAN number can possible be used. Don't expect much from HO at each stage. Many don't get an acknowledgement. Let her employer red about section 3C.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-3d-leave
Sorry for creating a new topic.

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately her employer only wants to us Employer Checking Service and she is being sent daily emails with a countdown to when her visa expires in a few weeks!

We have Unique Application Number and the Payment Reference number, I hope these can be used, her employer can use checking service next week.

EveryByway
BANNED

Post by EveryByway » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:42 am

Hi all

After submitting her FLR(M) visa application yesterday, my wife has just realised that she forgot to put one instance of leaving the UK on the application form.

She’s currently on a Youth Mobility visa, and has added about 10 holidays to the online form over the last two years. However she missed a short one, 16th May to 19th May when she drove to Amsterdam with friends. Her Australian passport therefore has two stamps from Dover/Calais covering this period. Will this be an issue? Should she mention it in her cover letter or do we need to reapply?? Genuine error.

I note that T5 allows unlimited travel in and out of the UK so she didn’t break her visa regulations. But the new visa application is submitted now.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:13 pm

EveryByway wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:42 am
Hi all

After submitting her FLR(M) visa application yesterday, my wife has just realised that she forgot to put one instance of leaving the UK on the application form.

She’s currently on a Youth Mobility visa, and has added about 10 holidays to the online form over the last two years. However she missed a short one, 16th May to 19th May when she drove to Amsterdam with friends. Her Australian passport therefore has two stamps from Dover/Calais covering this period. Will this be an issue? Should she mention it in her cover letter or do we need to reapply?? Genuine error.

I note that T5 allows unlimited travel in and out of the UK so she didn’t break her visa regulations. But the new visa application is submitted now.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks
It should be addressed in cover letter to put mind at rest.