ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline posts - queries

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

twista
Ireland

Timeline posts - queries

Post by twista » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:59 am

Folks,

I think your moderator needs to stop deleting posts that relate to erroneous timelines.

Deleting a comment with 'please respect that this is a timeline only topic and do not ask questions here, they will be removed' is not helpful when the timeline information is incorrect. I understand the moderators comment if the post is off topic. However, the person posting might not realise their post is incorrect. Surely if a comment relates to a timeline, this is not an issue.

secret.simon

Re: Timeline posts - queries

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:20 pm

As always, there is a reason for the madness.

Timeline threads help users of these forums understand trends in occurrences of immigration and other related events, such as spousal visa applications, naturalisation applications, etc.

If comments are allowed in such threads, they rapidly (and I mean rapidly, within weeks) lose all semblance of being timeline-only threads and become general discussion threads. They may tangentially touch on one of the timeline posts, but will be on the lines of general queries regarding that person's application. Unfortunately, with some users, when you give them an inch, they take an ell (and some times more).

That is why it is much easier not to allow even an inch and to enforce a strict no-comments-in-timelines policy.

If you want to flag a query or an error to a particular user in the forums, create an appropriate new thread, mention the person (type in "@" followed by the username of the person and then click on the username in the dropdown that appears) and they will be altered to this new thread and can respond to you there.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.