ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Haven’t received their passsport back after they submitted for IRP renewer

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Paddy1996
Albania

Haven’t received their passsport back after they submitted for IRP renewer

Post by Paddy1996 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:31 pm

Hey guys , I did my application online for my GNIB renewer, I submitted everything even my passport and old GNib . so they actually sent me an email saying that my application have been approved and you will receive your Passport with registered post in 2-3 working day , they also sent me a Tracking number , but the think it’s here I haven’t receive it yet and the tracking number it’s not on the system anyone having the same thing ?

Shelter
Pakistan

Re: Haven’t received their passsport back after they submitted for IRP renewer

Post by Shelter » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:51 pm

Paddy1996 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:31 pm
Hey guys , I did my application online for my GNIB renewer, I submitted everything even my passport and old GNib . so they actually sent me an email saying that my application have been approved and you will receive your Passport with registered post in 2-3 working day , they also sent me a Tracking number , but the think it’s here I haven’t receive it yet and the tracking number it’s not on the system anyone having the same thing ?

Hi when did u apply..i applied on 12 July sent my passport on 13 July ..since no reply from them ...

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Shelter wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:51 pm
Paddy1996 wrote:

Hi when did u apply..i applied on 12 July sent my passport on 13 July ..since no reply from them ...
I applied on 12 July and got approved of my application on 21 July which they told me your passport will be back in 2-3 working days and my gnib in 5-10 working days so today it’s 24 July and my passport haven’t even been posted yet as I can see with the post tracking number

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:40 pm

Paddy1996 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:28 pm
Shelter wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:51 pm
Paddy1996 wrote:

I applied on 12 July and got approved of my application on 21 July which they told me your passport will be back in 2-3 working days and my gnib in 5-10 working days so today it’s 24 July and my passport haven’t even been posted yet as I can see with the post tracking number
Strange ..i applied as date as u 12th july they haven't send me any email ... and they haven't ask me any additional documents and not even confirmations that they got my passport and gnib card ...

I dont know what to do ....

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Based on our experience, it takes about 2-3 days before An Post would collect the passport from ISD. It then takes 2-3 days for the passport to be delivered.

ISD uses AnPost prepay labels. That means they have the postage stickers with the tracking numbers, but these numbers but will not be updated until they are at the final sorting centre.

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:57 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:43 pm
Based on our experience, it takes about 2-3 days before An Post would collect the passport from ISD. It then takes 2-3 days for the passport to be delivered.

ISD uses AnPost prepay labels. That means they have the postage stickers with the tracking numbers, but these numbers but will not be updated until they are at the final sorting centre.
That’s a bit strange probably they forgot to post it , couse I called the post and gave them the tracking number and they said we haven’t received your post yet

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Paddy1996 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:57 pm
littlerr wrote:

That’s a bit strange probably they forgot to post it , couse I called the post and gave them the tracking number and they said we haven’t received your post yet
That is correct. As I just said in my previous post, they are prepay labels, so they will not be updated until they are at the final sorting centre.

This means, you should in theory be able to track your passport either tonight (normally after 9pm) or Monday night. Once it shows up, it should be with you in the next working day.

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:30 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:27 pm
Paddy1996 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:57 pm
littlerr wrote:

That is correct. As I just said in my previous post, they are prepay labels, so they will not be updated until they are at the final sorting centre.

This means, you should in theory be able to track your passport either tonight (normally after 9pm) or Monday night. Once it shows up, it should be with you in the next working day.
What about the news Irp have you received yet on the post ?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:24 pm

Paddy1996 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:30 pm

What about the news Irp have you received yet on the post ?
Yes just got it today

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:23 am

send passport on 20 July, Stamped on 23 and got back today.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:12 am

Guys;

In a bit of a pickle. there was a mix up in communication and a mate of mine sent in my passport using normal post as opposed to registered. so i have no way of tracking this. i sent this on the 22nd of July. anyone made this same mistake and what was the outcome?

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:22 am

@Finepaddy, was there any communication between 20 and 23rd from GNIB ? I have sent my passport on 20th delivered on 21st but haven't heard from anything from GNIB.

@sugeie if i am not wrong they will send back the post without renewing. I hope your friend has written the return address on envelope.

Paddy1996
Albania

Post by Paddy1996 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:43 pm

amolbawate wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:22 am
@Finepaddy, was there any communication between 20 and 23rd from GNIB ? I have sent my passport on 20th delivered on 21st but haven't heard from anything from GNIB.

@sugeie if i am not wrong they will send back the post without renewing. I hope your friend has written the return address on envelope.
Actually haven’t heard from them they don’t even answer my phone they don’t even reply my emails I don’t know what is wrong with this department they should have sent it to me since last Friday and today it’s Monday , the tracking number it says it hasent been posted yet

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:09 pm

amolbawate wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:22 am

unfortunately no return address was written on the envelope. It doesnt say anywhere what will happen if sent using regular post. Do you know this from experience? yours or anyone elses?

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:38 pm

@sugeie saw on one of the FB group

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:11 pm

Hello Guys!! its been 2 weeks since i applied for a renewal and havent heard a word back about it. Has anyone here gotten their renewals resolved?

Shell90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Shell90 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:18 pm

sugeie wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:11 pm
Hello Guys!! its been 2 weeks since i applied for a renewal and havent heard a word back about it. Has anyone here gotten their renewals resolved?
I got replay after more than 3 weeks..today I got my passport back and still waiting for IRP card ..

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:49 pm

Shell90 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:18 pm
sugeie wrote:
I got replay after more than 3 weeks..today I got my passport back and still waiting for IRP card ..
Thanks Shell90!! i reckon ill wait till next week to see then!!

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:08 pm

sugeie wrote:
I got email today from INIS about processing my renewal after nearly 4 weeks ...and it says in 2-3 working days I will get my passport back and 5-10 workdays IRP CARD

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:59 am

Shelter wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:08 pm
sugeie wrote:
I got email today from INIS about processing my renewal after nearly 4 weeks ...and it says in 2-3 working days I will get my passport back and 5-10 workdays IRP CARD
guy? how long did it take to get you new IRP cards from the time you got the email approval confirmation? did it take the actual 5-10 days?

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:45 pm

2 -3 working days for passport and IRP Card takes 5-10 days ..

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:01 pm

Shelter wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:45 pm
2 -3 working days for passport and IRP Card takes 5-10 days ..
Thanks for the reply. i know the email i got said 2-3days for passport and 5-10 days for IRP card. I got my passport 2 days from the email but am wondering when the IRP will come. So how many days exactly did it take for yours to arrive? from the 5-10 days?

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:24 pm

I got my passport 3 working days and IRP card and 6 working days after the approval email...

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:08 am

I have submit the application and sent my passport and GNIB on 7th Aug as per their instructions.. From tracking number I can see they received on 9th of Aug.. After that No words. should I start getting panic OR that's normal time?

TryllZ

Post by TryllZ » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:36 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:08 am
I have submit the application and sent my passport and GNIB on 7th Aug as per their instructions.. From tracking number I can see they received on 9th of Aug.. After that No words. should I start getting panic OR that's normal time?
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/registration - Notice 1

Notice 1 | Processing times of applications

07 September 2020

Due to a sharp increase in the number of applications for on-line registration, the current expected processing time is 25 to 30 working days from the date of receipt.

I submitted online on 26th July, sent documents on 27th July, INIS received it on 28th July. I received processing completion email on 9th Sep, just haven't received passport or IRP yet.