ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experience of electronic payslips?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

intwana
Newly Registered

Experience of electronic payslips?

Post by intwana » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:29 pm

I wanted to know what everyone's experience has been in submitting electronic payslips? I find the Home Office's advice confusing.

Whilst it's clear that the recommendation on these forums is for everyone to get all their payslips signed or stamped, this is not official Home Office advice:
  • Payslips must:
  • Be original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name
    OR:
  • Be accompanied by a letter from the employer, on their headed paper and signed by a senior official confirming they are authentic.
Note that no definition of 'original formal payslips' exists. It could be argued that the official payslip sent to you, even if electronic, is an original formal payslip. However, we know from experience that this is not what the Home Office means.

So, for electronic payslips, we are left with:
Be accompanied by a letter from the employer, on their headed paper and signed by a senior official confirming they are authentic.
My husband submitted his application two weeks ago. My payslips are issued electronically. My employer refused to sign or stamp my electronic payslips. They stated in their letter of support (along with other employment details):
I attach Intanwa's payslips from the last 12 months.
My question is: will this be sufficient? Having spoken to friends who have been through a similar process, they are divided.

I know the advice is also for the employer to use the word 'authentic' in reference to attached payslips, however, by the fact that the employer mentions they've attached the payslips, they are surely vouching for the payslips' authenticity? The employer would not mean to say 'I am attaching inauthentic and fake payslips'. Therefore authenticity must be assumed?

If my letter is not sufficient, could the Home Office caseworker use evidential flexibility (if everything else is in order) and ask me for a further letter from my employer stating the payslips are authentic? Or could they just refuse outright. I'm guessing they couldn't ask for payslips to be signed or stamped, seeing as this is not official Home Office advice.

Any experiences you've had would be interesting.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Experience of electronic payslips?

Post by geoeng » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:05 pm

The only formal payslips I am issued by my employer are electronic PDFs. I had no issues using these without any accompanying letter speaking to their authenticity. As you have noted, the requirement is not a paper payslip, only a formal payslip issued by the employer showing the employer's name. I trust UKVI is entirely capable of contacting employers and/or investigating the authenticity of the payslips submitted if they feel it is necessary.
intwana wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:29 pm
However, we know from experience that this is not what the Home Office means.
I don't really understand what you're getting at here. The Home Office and UKVI can only work within the rules as written, which I believe are rather explicit in this regard and there is a formal review/appeal mechanism in place if you feel they have failed to correctly interpret the rules.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:24 pm

intwana wrote:
I wanted to know what everyone's experience has been in submitting electronic payslips? I find the Home Office's advice confusing.

Whilst it's clear that the recommendation on these forums is for everyone to get all their payslips signed or stamped, this is not official Home Office advice:
  • Payslips must:
  • Be original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name
    OR:
  • Be accompanied by a letter from the employer, on their headed paper and signed by a senior official confirming they are authentic.
Note that no definition of 'original formal payslips' exists. It could be argued that the official payslip sent to you, even if electronic, is an original formal payslip. However, we know from experience that this is not what the Home Office means.

So, for electronic payslips, we are left with:
Be accompanied by a letter from the employer, on their headed paper and signed by a senior official confirming they are authentic.
My husband submitted his application two weeks ago. My payslips are issued electronically. My employer refused to sign or stamp my electronic payslips. They stated in their letter of support (along with other employment details):
I attach Intanwa's payslips from the last 12 months.
My question is: will this be sufficient? Having spoken to friends who have been through a similar process, they are divided.

I know the advice is also for the employer to use the word 'authentic' in reference to attached payslips, however, by the fact that the employer mentions they've attached the payslips, they are surely vouching for the payslips' authenticity? The employer would not mean to say 'I am attaching inauthentic and bad quality payslips'. Therefore authenticity must be assumed?

If my letter is not sufficient, could the Home Office caseworker use evidential flexibility (if everything else is in order) and ask me for a further letter from my employer stating the payslips are authentic? Or could they just refuse outright. I'm guessing they couldn't ask for payslips to be signed or stamped, seeing as this is not official Home Office advice.

Any experiences you've had would be interesting.
I think the official guidance Appendix fm 1.7 since being prepared and publicly launched never updated inline with UKVCAS instructions which transform the paper into e-version. Anyways an online payslip doesn't need any stamp or authentication if is a replica of original and doesn't mark pacifically as online version.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Covee

Post by Covee » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:13 pm

For my partner's spouse visa, I was the sponsor and I submitted PDF version of payslips which had the company's name at the top and the usual breakdown of salary, deductions, tax etc, with my name and employee number.

I also provided a screenshot of the company HR portal I use to get the payslips and explained in the notes I access payslips through this portal.

I clearly explained in my covering letter that the payslips are formal payslips with the company name per rules in FM SE.

Despite my pleas my employer absolutely refused to add a line in the employment letter saying the payslips provided are company issued.

The visa application was granted.

Hope this helps.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:03 am

intwana wrote:

• Payslips must:
    OR:
It should be fine.

Note that 39B (d) of the immigration rules states
Specified documents may be originals or copies.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:25 pm

My last FLRM application was approved by submitting electronic payslips. I printed each payslip off and asked my employer to stamp and sign.