ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired biometric card

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shondra Sharma

Expired biometric card

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:34 pm

Dear Forum
Recently I got a new biometric card for 2.5 years. Do I need to send my old biometric card to home office?

geoeng
Canada

Re: Expired biometric card

Post by geoeng » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:08 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:34 pm
Recently I got a new biometric card for 2.5 years. Do I need to send my old biometric card to home office?
I believe instructions for what to do should be included in the decision letter or a letter accompanying the new card. I can't recall which it was on exactly, but I know there were instructions with some document I received the last time I got a new BRP, which advised returning the old card.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:19 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:34 pm
Dear Forum
Yes. Just cut it into two pieces and send to:

PO Box 195
Bristol
BS20 1BT
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:02 pm

There is no instruction to return about expired biometric card.
Did not say anything.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:10 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:02 pm
There is no instruction to return about expired biometric card.
Did not say anything.
If so, follow what was outlined by Seagul. Presumed it because you had an inkling it needs to be done that's why you seek guidance.