ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About ILR .

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kayyy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR

Post by Kayyy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:32 pm

Hi,
I have a question regarding my ILR. I came in uk in 2010 on student visa with husband and two children. We claimed asylum in 2012 before our visa expired. My husband was the main applicant when we claimed asylum.
We got discretionary leave to remain in 2017. Two of my children born in this country.
Now, I want to know that can I apply for ILR under long resident rule. Or I have to follow 10 year route with DLR.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: ILR

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:59 pm

Kayyy wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:32 pm
Hi,
I have a question regarding my ILR. I came in uk in 2010 on student visa with husband and two children. We claimed asylum in 2012 before our visa expired. My husband was the main applicant when we claimed asylum.
We got discretionary leave to remain in 2017. Two of my children born in this country.
Now, I want to know that can I apply for ILR under long resident rule. Or I have to follow 10 year route with DLR.
You may be eligible for ILR under 10 years of long residence route 2020.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Kayyy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

About ILR .

Post by Kayyy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:50 pm

Good afternoon ,I am going to apply ILR for my self and my family (wife and 4 kids under 18).we completed our 10 years in uk without any illegal stay .we came in this country with student visa on 2010 then we apply asylum on 2012 .we been granted Discretionary leave to remain on 2017 .we got 1st extension 2019 but now our 10 years is completed .my two kids born in the uk .my question is still we need pay £2385(home office fee) per person for ILR.we didn’t pay home office fee on extension .please help .thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: About ILR .

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:55 pm

Kayyy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:50 pm
Good afternoon ,I am going to apply ILR for my self and my family (wife and 4 kids under 18).we completed our 10 years in uk without any illegal stay .we came in this country with student visa on 2010 then we apply asylum on 2012 .we been granted Discretionary leave to remain on 2017 .we got 1st extension 2019 but now our 10 years is completed .my two kids born in the uk .my question is still we need pay £2385(home office fee) per person for ILR.we didn’t pay home office fee on extension .please help .thanks
Topics merged.

Yes, for ILR based on long residence, there is NO fee exemption. The fee exemption only applies to SET(P) after 5 years asylum/refugee leave.

For ILR based on long residence, you are also NOT exempt from LIUK and the English B1 requirements. This also only applies to SET(P) ILR applications.

Your children born in the UK do NOT need ILR if you plan on registering them as British once either parent has ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.