ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need job for sponsorship

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sdluk
Newly Registered

Need job for sponsorship

Post by sdluk » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:15 pm

Hello,

I am in the UK on a dependant visa (Tier 2 ICT) and want to settle down here. I am looking for a job which can sponsor me. I am Post Graduate in Human Resources with 6 years experience as HR Manager a nationalised bank. Also, I am a freelance blogger.

Please tell me whether there is a possibility for me to settle down in the UK.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need job for sponsorship

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:18 pm

You need to find a tier 2 sponsor on the tier 2 sponsor list, and a job at the required level for sponsorship, with a minimum salary of £30,000pa or what is stated in the SOC, whichever is higher. You will have to apply from your home country. Finding a job for sponsorship in HR might be difficult as there are plenty of settled and British HR people in the UK.

You cannot do your blogging as paid work if you are on tier 2 general. Self employment is not permitted.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-workers
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sdluk
Newly Registered

Post by sdluk » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:21 pm

Presently I am not on Tier 2 general. I am on a dependant visa. Can't I switch? Also not doing paid blogging here. But I can do.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:27 pm

sdluk wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:21 pm
Presently I am not on Tier 2 general. I am on a dependant visa. Can't I switch? Also not doing paid blogging here. But I can do.
You must apply from your home country for tier 2 general.

If you get paid for blogging, this income has to be declared to HMRC, which makes you self employed. This is not permitted if you apply for and are granted a tier 2 general visa.

Your first challenge is going to be to find a company who has a vacancy at the required RQF6 level with the appropriate asalry and SOC and willing to sponsor you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.