ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by heyaheya » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:11 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:30 pm
@heyaheya

Go to document upload page and at the end you should see submit documents option.
If you do not see, try uploading all your documents, log out and log back in and see if the option appears. Someone I know did not see the option right away but only saw once all documents were uploaded.
hey thanks alot it did work. and i wasted almost a month. As soon as i received the email from home office. i was relieved that they will send me email for documents etc. such a waste of time, I will gather the documents and submit . hope that will be all. Ukvi failed to provide full information i must say.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:13 am

heyaheya wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:11 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:30 pm
@heyaheya

Go to document upload page and at the end you should see submit documents option.
If you do not see, try uploading all your documents, log out and log back in and see if the option appears. Someone I know did not see the option right away but only saw once all documents were uploaded.
hey thanks alot it did work. and i wasted almost a month. As soon as i received the email from home office. i was relieved that they will send me email for documents etc. such a waste of time, I will gather the documents and submit . hope that will be all. Ukvi failed to provide full information i must say.
Glad it worked. Cheers
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:19 am

Just to warn everyone, you can only SUBMIT once !

They don’t accept follow up documents. I tried this.

So make sure all correct before clicking the magic button.

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:45 am

non english test removed by moderator did I asked anything wrong , instead of wasting time and checking my posts you should have made a simple reply.

between I was helping a friend :-)

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:08 am
teddybear79 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:08 pm
Can any one confirm following

After email to use existing finger prints and await about photo , do you get a email to submit documents already uploaded or what.

This is extremely confusing, as I do not see any option to submit the documents , I am only able to upload ? people who have submitted documents got an email or what .

please note uploading and submitted are not the same
Btw how did you apply for naturalisation as your ILR was just approved on 24/1/2020 and apparently your partner is not British also??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:53 am

teddybear79 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:45 am
non english test removed by moderator did I asked anything wrong , instead of wasting time and checking my posts you should have made a simple reply.

If you are asking for a friend, then state you are asking on behalf of someone else. Even better, get your 'friend' to register on the forum and ask their own questions!!

No one on the forum is wasting their time. If members did not contribute voluntarily, there would be no point in the forum!! You should be fully aware by now that members check previous posts of users to understand the full circumstances!

You have been a forum member for long enough to know all of this by now!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Baby777
Newly Registered

Post by Baby777 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:07 pm

LAST UPDATED: 27 JULY 2020
Please check back for updates.
ANNOUNCEMENT: for all applicants waiting for biometrics fingerprints reuse and facial image upload. Please read📷
📷QUESTION: Do I still need to upload my documents on UKVCAS?
Yes you can still upload documents to UKVCAS (and you may have the option to submit them!). Remember that once you submit them, they are gone! You cannot edit anything.
📷QUESTION: If I click submit, what happens?
Once the submit button is pressed, your documents will be available to view by your UKVI caseworker immediately. This info was confirmed by UKVCAS.
Please note: no one knows if this will speed up the process people are guessing that it will. It may speed up the process once the facial image is uploaded but nobody is sure. It is YOUR choice to submit or not.
📷QUESTION: When will facial recognition system be live?
Facial recognition system is expected to be live by mid August according to UKVI. They confirmed this in an email. So you can prepare your photo in advance to upload later once system is live
📷QUESTION: What are the guidelines for the photo upload?
Guidelines:
Your facial image is required as part of your application. You must follow the guidance below to avoid your photograph being rejected. You can take a ‘selfie’ photograph yourself, or ask a family member to take it. You must ensure your digital photo:
· contains no other objects or people
· be taken against a plain light-coloured background
· be in clear contrast to the background
· does not have ‘red eye’
· is not edited or filtered
We need to be able to see your face clearly, your photo must:
· not have hair in front of your eyes
· not have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
· not have anything covering your face
· be facing forwards and looking straight at the camera
· have your eyes open and visible
· not have any shadows on your face or behind you.
Do not wear sunglasses or tinted glasses. You can wear other glasses if you need to, but your eyes must be visible without any glare or reflection.
Your photograph may be rejected if your facial image cannot be compared against the image contained in your identity document. You can refer to the passport photograph standards as guidance on providing facial photographs, but you must provide us with a fresh image, not a photograph or scan of a previous picture or passport photo.
📷QUESTION: How did UKVI decide which applicant will reuse fingerprints biometrics?
Reuse of fingerprints is only possible for people applying in the work, study, family and private life, citizenship and Windrush routes. The process cannot be used for individuals who last enrolled their biometrics before July 2015 and children under 18 who have not enrolled their biometrics within the last two years. Also, if any applicant within a family group is ineligible to have their fingerprints reused, then the whole family group must enrol their biometrics together in person.
A different process applies for individuals or family groups whose fingerprints cannot be reused. Those who registered an account with UKVCAS after 27 March 2020 but before 1 May 2020 should have received an email before 4 July 2020 asking them to book an appointment.

Bigshak
Newly Registered

Post by Bigshak » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi. I am new here so i don't know how this works. My apologies in advance. So i submitted my online application for citizenship. Then created account with ukvcas but there's was no available appointment.

So i am wondering do i submit my supporting documents online or just wait to be called for in at the service point.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:58 pm

teddybear79 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:45 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:08 am
teddybear79 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:08 pm
Can any one confirm following

After email to use existing finger prints and await about photo , do you get a email to submit documents already uploaded or what.

This is extremely confusing, as I do not see any option to submit the documents , I am only able to upload ? people who have submitted documents got an email or what .

please note uploading and submitted are not the same
Btw how did you apply for naturalisation as your ILR was just approved on 24/1/2020 and apparently your partner is not British also??
@teddy
I’ll make sure I do not “WASTE” my time on your future questions :)

Thank you @CR001
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:12 pm

Bigshak wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:00 pm
Hi. I am new here so i don't know how this works. My apologies in advance. So i submitted my online application for citizenship. Then created account with ukvcas but there's was no available appointment.

So i am wondering do i submit my supporting documents online or just wait to be called for in at the service point.
Submit your documents via UKVCAS account. They will be sent to UKVI. Note, you can only submit once so make sure you upload all necessary documents. Then wait for UKVCAS to contact you: either to book an appointment OR you will receive a biometrics reuse email where you will NOT have to attend the UKVCAS. You should follow official guidance on UKVCAS flash messages to stay updated. For now only applicants who submitted applications up to 30th June are served.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:14 pm

Baby777 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:07 pm
LAST UPDATED: 27 JULY 2020
Please check back for updates.
ANNOUNCEMENT: for all applicants waiting for biometrics fingerprints reuse and facial image upload. Please read📷
📷QUESTION: Do I still need to upload my documents on UKVCAS?
Yes you can still upload documents to UKVCAS (and you may have the option to submit them!). Remember that once you submit them, they are gone! You cannot edit anything.
📷QUESTION: If I click submit, what happens?
Once the submit button is pressed, your documents will be available to view by your UKVI caseworker immediately. This info was confirmed by UKVCAS.
Please note: no one knows if this will speed up the process people are guessing that it will. It may speed up the process once the facial image is uploaded but nobody is sure. It is YOUR choice to submit or not.
📷QUESTION: When will facial recognition system be live?
Facial recognition system is expected to be live by mid August according to UKVI. They confirmed this in an email. So you can prepare your photo in advance to upload later once system is live
📷QUESTION: What are the guidelines for the photo upload?
Guidelines:
Your facial image is required as part of your application. You must follow the guidance below to avoid your photograph being rejected. You can take a ‘selfie’ photograph yourself, or ask a family member to take it. You must ensure your digital photo:
· contains no other objects or people
· be taken against a plain light-coloured background
· be in clear contrast to the background
· does not have ‘red eye’
· is not edited or filtered
We need to be able to see your face clearly, your photo must:
· not have hair in front of your eyes
· not have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
· not have anything covering your face
· be facing forwards and looking straight at the camera
· have your eyes open and visible
· not have any shadows on your face or behind you.
Do not wear sunglasses or tinted glasses. You can wear other glasses if you need to, but your eyes must be visible without any glare or reflection.
Your photograph may be rejected if your facial image cannot be compared against the image contained in your identity document. You can refer to the passport photograph standards as guidance on providing facial photographs, but you must provide us with a fresh image, not a photograph or scan of a previous picture or passport photo.
📷QUESTION: How did UKVI decide which applicant will reuse fingerprints biometrics?
Reuse of fingerprints is only possible for people applying in the work, study, family and private life, citizenship and Windrush routes. The process cannot be used for individuals who last enrolled their biometrics before July 2015 and children under 18 who have not enrolled their biometrics within the last two years. Also, if any applicant within a family group is ineligible to have their fingerprints reused, then the whole family group must enrol their biometrics together in person.
A different process applies for individuals or family groups whose fingerprints cannot be reused. Those who registered an account with UKVCAS after 27 March 2020 but before 1 May 2020 should have received an email before 4 July 2020 asking them to book an appointment.
May I know the link please? Thanks

Baby777
Newly Registered

Post by Baby777 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:01 pm

My Solicitair sent me this

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Baby777 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:01 pm
My Solicitair sent me this
If it is not an official UKVI or UKCVAS update, it is not relevant and could be misleading. Many solicitors simply conjure up their own FAQs based on their own interpretation, often flawed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:23 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:28 pm
@parisiana

I agree, we will have to wait and see if more members report receiving approvals after the reuse email and without the facial image submission.

However as the reuse email says:

“Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).”

Naturalisation applicants do not require a BRP and possibly the identity can be verified with the photo on the passport and the referee forms, so I am more inclined towards UKVI not needing facial image for naturalisation applicants.
i agree with u. i have submitted the documents as well last night Thanks to you @CULLINAN . I am pretty sure they are not going to ask us for facial image as its just certificate we are going to receive for naturalization.
plus there are few more things which makes me believe that.
1. our ukvcas doesnt show appointments although for others it does.
2. we have submit link and others they dont have until they go for an appointment.
i think we should just wait and see what happens?
Thank you again i will keep u guys posted if anything comes up.

Many thanks.

Baby777
Newly Registered

Post by Baby777 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:07 am

A bit of background I received from HO today on the reuse of biometric/finger prints ... Main point is if you have been selected under this reuse category then you still need to wait for the HO to contact you once the photo upload service becomes available....but at least this gives some background as to who might be in the reuse of biometrics category.

I hope this helps anyone who is waiting like me.

They said that :”the biometric reuse process is being used for work,study,family,private life and windrush applications routes.”...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:00 pm

Another member reported receiving a decision within 10 days of attending biometrics appointment. Applied end of June, approved in 1 month. Seems like HO is processing applications fast for ones attending biometrics plus who applied via EU settlement.
Happy for the member and some hope that applications are being processed very quick.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:00 pm
Another member reported receiving a decision within 10 days of attending biometrics appointment. Applied end of June, approved in 1 month. Seems like HO is processing applications fast for ones attending biometrics plus who applied via EU settlement.
Happy for the member and some hope that applications are being processed very quick.
Biggest UKVI failure around biometric reuse when the system was not even ready to submit photo, they used this method to buy in extra time to deal with pressure.

I feel sorry for front end UKVI workers for taking nonsenses on a daily basis when upper management had no clue about how and when they can achieve their brilliant idea.

So frustrated !!!!

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:33 pm

So the fun doesn't stop after you received the bio reuse email.
at least one person (Post on one fb group) got an email saying

Further analyis shows that you will NOT BE ABLE TO USE the new biometric reuse approach and you will have to book the appointment.

Now pray that we don't get such email. :roll:

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:37 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:33 pm
So the fun doesn't stop after you received the bio reuse email.
at least one person (Post on one fb group) got an email saying

Further analyis shows that you will NOT BE ABLE TO USE the new biometric reuse approach and you will have to book the appointment.

Now pray that we don't get such email. :roll:
Sorry but are you saying that someone got the biometric reuse email and later they were asked to book biometric??

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:05 pm

yes

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:09 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:05 pm
yes
ONLY God knows what UKVI is doing behind the scene. Mix of response rather one simple process. For an e.g someone or received biometric reuse email and after that citizenship without asking to upload photo.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:43 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:05 pm
yes
Someone reported similar story in the ILR sub forum also. He applied in May. Got reuse email first and then asked today to book an appointment.

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:11 pm

I got an update about facial image from UKVCAS an hour ago. Pasting the content about the app and expected rollout:
To allow biometrics to be reused for some customers, UKVI and UKVCAS (UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services) have worked together to develop a way to submit facial images using a new UKVCAS Identity Verification app (referred to below as IDV app).

The IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend an appointment with UKVCAS. This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI will involve you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device. The IDV app is quick and easy to use and works on most Android and iPhones.

When will the IDV app be available?

Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. We will invite eligible customers to use the new IDV app rather than require you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point.

UKVI have identified that you are eligible to use the IDV app, as UKVI can use biometrics you have previously provided.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:18 pm

gk642 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:11 pm
I got an update about facial image from UKVCAS an hour ago. Pasting the content about the app and expected rollout:
To allow biometrics to be reused for some customers, UKVI and UKVCAS (UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services) have worked together to develop a way to submit facial images using a new UKVCAS Identity Verification app (referred to below as IDV app).

The IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend an appointment with UKVCAS. This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI will involve you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device. The IDV app is quick and easy to use and works on most Android and iPhones.

When will the IDV app be available?

Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. We will invite eligible customers to use the new IDV app rather than require you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point.

UKVI have identified that you are eligible to use the IDV app, as UKVI can use biometrics you have previously provided.
Great news! Your the 2nd one to report this. Someone reported this in ILR forum also.
Thank you for sharing.

Martinha84
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Martinha84 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help.

I uploaded all my documents to UKVCAS by Wednesday this week and on Thursday, yesterday, I had my biometrics appointment. I went back into UKVCAS once I got back from my appointment and there is no option for me to submit my documents, I can see them all uploaded but no way to submit. Is this how it usually is? Does the submit button just suddenly appear a few days after your appointment has taken place or am I missing something?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I have emailed UKVCAS but thought I’d post here in case someone else had experienced the same thing.

Thank you so much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:38 pm

Martinha84 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:36 pm
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help.

I uploaded all my documents to UKVCAS by Wednesday this week and on Thursday, yesterday, I had my biometrics appointment. I went back into UKVCAS once I got back from my appointment and there is no option for me to submit my documents, I can see them all uploaded but no way to submit. Is this how it usually is? Does the submit button just suddenly appear a few days after your appointment has taken place or am I missing something?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I have emailed UKVCAS but thought I’d post here in case someone else had experienced the same thing.

Thank you so much!
Ukcvas staff would have submitted your documents to ukvi yesterday at your biometrics appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)