ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application query for my UK born dependent child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bay deg
Newly Registered

ILR Application query for my UK born dependent child

Post by bay deg » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:35 pm

Dear Moderators,

I would be grateful if you can provide your kind suggestions on the following.

My wife(dependant) and I(main applicant) made our ILR application under the Tier 1 Entrepreneurship 5 year rule on the 28th of Feb, 2020; with the Biometry done on the 1st of March, 2020. I did not apply for ILR for our 7 year old son because he was born in the UK and I forgot to include my Limited company bank statement as well with the application. The home office sent an email today requesting for the business bank statement and the whereabouts of our son, because he applied with my wife and I for the initial Tier Entrepreneurship (50k route) and the Extension application as well. I have two questions:

1. The latest Company Bank statement does not have a lot of transactions. However, the previous bank statement (Feb-March 2020) has a lot of transactions. Should I send the previous bank statement to the home office?

2. What should I write in response to home office query about the whereabout of my son that made previous application with my wife and I. He would be eligible to register as British citizen, as soon as our ILR application is approved. His visa is valid till Aug 2020 as well.

The content of the email from the home office is stated below:

"We are currently processing your application for indefinite leave to remain.

In order to assess your application please provide:

A business bank statement from a UK account which shows business transactions; and

As the Home Office is dedicated to protecting and safeguarding the interests of children, we therefore would ask that you now confirm the whereabouts of O.A (D.O.B), as we have not received an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in line with your own application".

Please forward the above requested evidence by return of email and no later than 06 May 2020.

Yours sincerely,

Visas & Citizenship Operations – Work & Study
UK Visas and Immigration
www.gov.uk/visas-immigration"

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application query for my UK born dependent child

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:39 pm

1. Send both, what ho is asking for.

2. Simply reply stating you plan on registering the child as British once ilr is granted if that is what you are planning to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ktyagi
India

Post by ktyagi » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:28 pm

@bay deg: can you update us about the outcome? What did you replay and how did it go? I am in a similar situation, wondering if I should apply for ILR for my UK born dependent son along with my application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:47 pm

ktyagi wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:28 pm
@bay deg: can you update us about the outcome? What did you replay and how did it go? I am in a similar situation, wondering if I should apply for ILR for my UK born dependent son along with my application?
Please start your own topic with your questions!! As is posted on the forum almost daily, a UK born child does NOT need ILR if you plan to register a child as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.