ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelling back to UK from India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PariJ

travelling back to UK from India

Post by PariJ » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi,

I am planning to travel back to UK from India (came here in Feb this year) with the family. Myself and my daughter both are British Citizens and my wife is an Indian National with UK spouse visa which expires on Oct 2020.

Air India is operating evacuation flights from India to UK. One of the requirement specified by the Indian government(see below) for the Indian Nationals travelling abroad is to hold a visa of the destination country with minimum 3 months residual validity. My wife does not satisfy this requirement.

Can some one pls clarify is there any exception to this requirement or permission i need to seek from UK embassy in India to allow my wife to travel with me via Air India evacuation flights.

"Indian Nationals who are holding visa of that country, with a minimum residual validity of the three months. In case an Indian National is having confirmed offer of employment / internship /admission in education institution, he/she can be allowed with visa of that country, with a minimum residual validity of one month. (THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO ENTERING Australia /New Zealand)."

Appreciate your input.

Cheers

secret.simon

Re: travelling back to UK from India

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:44 pm

PariJ wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:09 pm
One of the requirement specified by the Indian government(see below) for the Indian Nationals travelling abroad
As you have mentioned, this is a restriction imposed by the Indian government. You will need to take it up with them.

From the UK government's point-of-view, your spouse can land in the UK till the last date listed on her visa.

The UK High Commission may not be able to help much in this regard. At the end of the day, the Indian government is regulating Indian citizens in India and that is not a matter for foreign diplomats. Were your wife to be a British citizen, it would a different matter.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

PariJ

Re: travelling back to UK from India

Post by PariJ » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:18 am

Thanks Secret Simon