ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samson19
Newly Registered
India

ILR query

Post by samson19 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi,

I came to UK in Sept 2010 and will complete 10 years soon. I am currently on a dependent visa where my wife is the main visa holder.

My wife has a valid visa until Dec 2020 (same as mine) but due to current circumstances will not be able to extend.

We were initially thinking that I can apply for ILR (Set LR) in super priority and get ILR in August and then she can apply for dependent visa.

I have the following queries:

1. If next month I apply for my ILR (Set LR) under the Standard service (as super priority is not available) can my wife also apply at the same time as my dependent?

2. If my wife can apply as my dependent at the same time then which form should she be using? SET(M)?

3. If my wife cannot apply as my depenent at the same time, can she apply in Dec 2020 even if my visa application may not have been decided by then?

4. Do you suggest waiting until Oct/Nov or even Dec to apply my ILR in the hope that Super Priority service may open?

Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR query

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:01 pm

What is your wife’s immigration history?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

samson19
Newly Registered
India

Post by samson19 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:29 pm

Thanks for getting back.

My wife's immigration history is:
Oct 2012 - Came to UK on Tier 2 ICT
Dec 2017 - Switched to Tier 1 Entrepreneur (current visa expiring in Dec 2020)

I have been on her dependent visa since Dec 2017.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:32 pm

1. You can apply at the same time for set LR and FLR m. Add a covering note about her application linking it to your ilr. If you ilr fails, her flr m will also fail.

2. Not set M, that's for ilr. She needs to switch to FLR M spouse visa for 2.5 years. She needs to meet the English and financial requirements.

3. She can apply at any time before her visa expires.

4. Your choice. No one on the forum can tell you when super priority will be available
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samson19
Newly Registered
India

Post by samson19 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:36 am

Thank you for your comments.

1. You can apply at the same time for set LR and FLR m. Add a covering note about her application linking it to your ilr. If you ilr fails, her flr m will also fail.
I assume this is Set LR and not art LR. Please clarify.

2. Not set M, that's for ilr. She needs to switch to FLR M spouse visa for 2.5 years. She needs to meet the English and financial requirements.
Regarding the English Language requirements for FLR M, she had already provided the English Language test (IELTS) results for her last successfuly visa application in Dec 2017. Her IELTS score was CEFR Level C2. However, this score was valid for only 2 years as per the Test Report Form. I assume one cannot simply forget the language skills but having met the requirement in previous grant of leave can she use this score again for the FLR M visa application?

If the old IELTS score cannot be used again for the FLR M visa application, then we would prefer going the Academic qualifications route with a visa and nationality statement.

Her Academic qualifications are:
Post Graduate Program in Management degree (Last qualification)
Bachelor's degree

She has the Final certificates and Transcripts for both the degrees.
Now for the Medium of Instruction letter, does she need this at all? If yes then is it required for both the degrees or only for the Last qualification?

3. She can apply at any time before her visa expires.
OK, thank you.

4. Your choice. No one on the forum can tell you when super priority will be available
Yes I understand. It is tricky situation for everyone. I hope they can start the super priority service soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:39 am

Yes, set LR, posts corrected
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samson19
Newly Registered
India

Post by samson19 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:55 am

Hello,

Please help answer this query.

Regarding the English Language requirements for FLR M, she had already provided the English Language test (IELTS) results for her last successfuly visa application in Dec 2017. Her IELTS score was CEFR Level C2. However, this score was valid for only 2 years as per the Test Report Form. I assume one cannot simply forget the language skills but having met the requirement in previous grant of leave can she use this score again for the FLR M visa application?

If the old IELTS score cannot be used again for the FLR M visa application, then we would prefer going the Academic qualifications route with a visa and nationality statement.

Her Academic qualifications are:
Post Graduate Program in Management degree (Last qualification)
Bachelor's degree

She has the Final certificates and Transcripts for both the degrees.
Now for the Medium of Instruction letter, does she need this at all? If yes then is it required for both the degrees or only for the Last qualification?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:58 am

Please do not ask FLR(M) questions in the ILR topic or ILR sub forum. It is not relevant to here. Post your FLR(M) queries in the Family Immigration sub forum, link below.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... y-members/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

samson19
Newly Registered
India

Post by samson19 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:51 pm

Apologies, I should have realised and thanks for pointing out. I have created another topic in the family members sub forum.

Many thanks for the reply, it helps a great deal. Much appreciated.