ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing job while waiting for ILR in Covid

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

masouds
Iran

Changing job while waiting for ILR in Covid

Post by masouds » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:53 pm

Hello,
I am currently on Tier2 and I am changing my job, as Super Priority Service is currently unavailable because of Covid, can I start my new job while waiting for my ILR decision (6 months time)?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Changing job while waiting for ILR in Covid

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:37 am

masouds wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:53 pm
Hello,
I am currently on Tier2 and I am changing my job, as Super Priority Service is currently unavailable because of Covid, can I start my new job while waiting for my ILR decision (6 months time)?
You should NOT apply for ILR if you are changing your Tier 2 sponsor as you will fail the requirements of ILR. You should apply for a new Tier 2 visa with your new sponsor first. You may start your new job while a Tier 2 visa application is pending as described here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... be-decided
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

masouds
Iran

Post by masouds » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:48 pm

Hello,
Thanks for your reply. I am eligible for ILR through long residency (10years). Am I still not able to change job while waiting for the decision?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:52 pm

masouds wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:48 pm
Hello,
Thanks for your reply. I am eligible for ILR through long residency (10years). Am I still not able to change job?
It makes no difference which route to ilr you are applying through. Until you are granted ilr and a brp, you can only work for your current tier 2 sponsor. While you wait for a decision, your existing visa conditions remain in force.

If you want to change jobs, you need a new tier 2 visa first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

masouds
Iran

Post by masouds » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:58 pm

Thank you. Is there any update on when the Super Priority service might return?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:59 pm

masouds wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:58 pm
No there isn't. Still currently suspended. Note also that super priority is not guaranteed either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:59 pm

masouds wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:58 pm
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1911361
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

masouds
Iran

Post by masouds » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:04 pm

Thanks. An immigration lawyer is claiming to me that they can help getting my ILR decision sooner than 6 months, possibly in a month, should I trust this claim?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:10 pm

masouds wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:04 pm
Thanks. An immigration lawyer is claiming to me that they can help getting my ILR decision sooner than 6 months, possibly in a month, should I trust this claim?
They are lying to you. A lawyer cannot expedite your application

masouds
Iran

Post by masouds » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:20 am

Thanks. I applied for ILR and wondering if I withdraw before biometrics, do I get a full refund? and how long does it normally take to have the confirmation of the withdrawal and start a new application?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:09 pm

masouds wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:20 am
Thanks. I applied for ILR and wondering if I withdraw before biometrics, do I get a full refund? and how long does it normally take to have the confirmation of the withdrawal and start a new application?
Yes. You can withdraw and the refund often takes weeks. You can apply for a new application whenever you want

masouds
Iran

Post by masouds » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:40 pm

Thanks. so as soon as I submit the withdrawal form, I can make a new application? or should I wait for a confirmation from home office?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:42 pm

masouds wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:40 pm
Thanks. so as soon as I submit the withdrawal form, I can make a new application? or should I wait for a confirmation from home office?
You may or may not get a confirmation