ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Period after acquiring permanent residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kamila123
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Period after acquiring permanent residence

Post by Kamila123 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi,
I am filling my AN online application for British citizenship. I am an EEA national and I've had my permanent residence since 2014. Will I have to prove that I have continuosly worked after I acquired my permanent residence?
Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Period after acquiring permanent residence

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:00 am

You don't have to prove continuous employment - it's not a requirement to be in employment. You still need to provide employment history though, if any.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:06 am

You don't need to prove employment.

However, you do need to prove that you were resident in the UK and were not absent from the UK for more than two years after acquiring PR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

dogcat

Post by dogcat » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:30 am

I've noticed that a lot of people have a difficult time in understanding that:
once PR status is achieved (be 10 ago years or whenever) you don't have to be exercising treaty rights (such as 'working' or having CSI if not employed) anymore past that point in order for residence to be considered 'lawful' .