ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension Queries

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tier1_2020
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension Queries

Post by Tier1_2020 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:16 pm

Dears

I am on Tier 1 Ent visa and planning to apply for extension this year.

I’ve hired 2 employees so far:
1st employee - hired for the 1st FT job position last year and still continues working with us. By the time of my planed extension application he will be completing 16 full months of employment.
2nd employee - was hired for the 2nd FT job position, however she resigned after completing just 8 full months of employment this February. By the end of March we still didn’t find the replacement and then the Covid-19 restrictions rendered this job position not needed as the business situation changed. I don't know if I will need someone for this position this year.

In view of the April Covid-19 Guidance can I combine 2 different jobs created for 2 different settled people for 8 and 16 months respectively to satisfy the job creation requirement?

Thank you very much!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Extension Queries

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:52 am

Yes. Under the COVID relaxation of the Tier 1E rules, you do not need to strictly create two separate positions for 12 months
If you’re on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and your business has been disrupted
You no longer need to employ at least 2 people for 12 consecutive months. The 12 month period you’re required to employ someone for can be made up of multiple jobs across different months.

Time when your employees were furloughed will not count towards the 12 month period.

If you’ve not been able to employ staff for 12 months by the time your visa expires, you’ll be allowed to temporarily extend your stay to give you time to meet the requirement.

These arrangements will continue for applications made after 31 May 2020, where the jobs you’re relying on were disrupted due to coronavirus.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Tier1_2020
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Extension Queries

Post by Tier1_2020 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:56 pm

Thank you very much Zimba!