ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(LR) Application Assistance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MilesFromHome
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain SET (LR) Documentation

Post by MilesFromHome » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:03 am

My self, my husband, and our four children are applying for ILR after being in the UK 10 years. We started our on a Tier 2 visa (as my husband's dependants) but were changed to a Private Life and then FLO(Other) for certain circumstances. For each application we have submitted letter of commendation from leaders in the community as proof of our established life here.

On this ILR Long Residence application for the question, 'Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?' we are planning to answer, 'All my immediately family reside in the UK and I have established a life here.'

Is there a better way to answer that question? Will it even be considered if there is no question about our application? (We have adhered to the absence rules and not been out of country longer than allowed.We can provide copies of all old visas/BRPs, passports.)

Would letters from a long-time friend in the community (a teacher) and our landlord be sufficient documentation to submit?

Do we need to submit documentation that proves we have all lived together all 10 years?

Do we need to provide additional documentation showing our established life in the UK?

Thank you very much for your advice. It is much appreciated. We are making our first application for my son next week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain SET (LR) Documentation

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:11 am

To apply on Set LR, you simply need 10 years or Lawful/legal stay, ie no period(s) of overstay.

There is no right or wrong answer to the question. It is based on your circumstances and doesn't even have to be answered.

You should only submit what is asked for, ie all passports, current BRP card, English B1 and LIUK for adults. Anything else you submit is irrelevant and won't be looked at or considered.

Presumably you are aware that you each have to apply on separate forms and each person applying, regardless of age, must meet the requirements individually.

Note also that currently there are no UKCVAS biometric appointments taking place as the centres are closed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MilesFromHome
Newly Registered

Post by MilesFromHome » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:25 pm

Thank you for your quick reply! And for the advice. I think I was just feeling unsure about submitting so few documents on this application after submitting scads of documents for the other applications.

Yes, I am aware that we will each need to meet the requirements and submit separate applications. Thank you!

One more question:
In 2013 my husband's visa renewal was denied, appealed and he (we) were granted limited leave under a different visa (Private Life). On the Set LR application in regards to this question (Have you ever been refused permission to stay or remain?) I was planning on submitting the following documents: 1. the Home Office letter of the denial, 2. the Tribunal ruling, and 3. the letter granting the new leave under Private Life. Is this sufficient?

This is really a tremendous help and much appreciated! Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:24 pm

Winning in appeal is NOT a refusal. NO need to submit any document
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MilesFromHome
Newly Registered

ILR SET(LR) Application Assistance

Post by MilesFromHome » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:55 am

Hello,

My husband and four children (two over 18 yrs, two under 18 yrs) have been in the UK for 10 years as of May 2020 and are applying for ILR via LR. I have a question about information on the application regarding our under 18s children.

We each have to make separate applications, as you know. On both mine and my husbands, we are asked who our children under 18 normally live with. Options are You, Spouse (name), Other. Our children live with both of us all the time, but there is only the option to tick one of these. How do I deal with this on each of our applications? I don't want anything to flag up or look suspicious because we stated we were married, living together but then say our under 18s only live with one of us normally? There is not option to add another answer once the first one is submitted, indicating they live with both of us normally.

Thank you for the advice!

Kind regards,
Stacy

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR SET(LR) Application Assistance

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:55 pm

You simply have to say they live with you. None of those relationship-related questions are important. Long residence ILR has nothing to do with your partner/children as you must qualify on your own and their status is not relevant.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice