ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR path definitions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nateymac
Newly Registered

ILR applications through immigration lawyers

Post by nateymac » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi there, does anybody know whether the HO are processing ILR applications for Tier 2 General, 5 year residency path, faster if they are submitted by an immigration lawyer? Alternatively, does anyone know when the super priority service might be reinstated?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR applications through immigration lawyers

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:08 pm

It makes no difference to the processing time if you use a lawyer or not. A lawyer have no influence on your application for a speedy decision.

No one on the forum knows when super priority will be available again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: ILR applications through immigration lawyers

Post by poper » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:24 am

Applicants on a standard route are not waiting too long for a decision after their biometrics. Check here:
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1140.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

nateymac
Newly Registered

ILR path definitions

Post by nateymac » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:01 pm

Is anyone able to advise where I can find the ILR set definitions? I am trying to work out which path will apply to me.

Also, is there a minimum validity that you need on your passport when submitting your ILR application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR path definitions

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Is anyone able to advise where I can find the ILR set definitions? I am trying to work out which path will apply to me.
What exactly do you mean by "which path will apply"??? If you hold tier 2, there is only ONE "path", form SET O.
Also, is there a minimum validity that you need on your passport when submitting your ILR application?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nateymac
Newly Registered

Re: ILR path definitions

Post by nateymac » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:25 pm

Thanks Char. Yes, I am on a Tier 2 General visa applying for ILR having spent five continuous years in the UK. On the forum, I’ve seen various paths (e.g. Set (O), Set (F), Set (M), etc.) so wasn’t sure which one applied to me!