ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP to FLR M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AlexWN
Philippines

English Requirements

Post by AlexWN » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:02 pm

Greetings,

I’m planning to switch my FLR FP visa(unmarried partner)to FLR M.
I took GESE Grade 2 (A1) exam and passed, is this sufficient for FLR M route?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: English Requirements

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 pm

AlexWN wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:02 pm
Greetings,

Yes provided on ukvi list:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AlexWN
Philippines

Post by AlexWN » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 pm
AlexWN wrote:
Greetings,

Thanks for reply...

Just a follow up question, I’m working as a nursing practitioner at the Care Home do I have to pay for IHS fee or I’m exempted from paying it?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:28 am

AlexWN wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 am
seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 pm
AlexWN wrote:
Greetings,

Thanks for reply...

Just a follow up question, I’m working as a nursing practitioner at the Care Home do I have to pay for IHS fee or I’m exempted from paying it?
Except a mere news couple of months ago we haven't heard anything afterwards and no member have shared any of their experience.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:30 am

AlexWN wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 am
The current government guidance at the website below would appear to suggest that the exemption from the IHS fee would only apply to those on Tier 2 General visas and sponsored by the NHS, an organisation providing medical services to the NHS or an organisation providing adult social care rather than those on family visas. But as seagul mentioned, the guidance and member experience on this is a little unclear and what the government says and what the government does are occasionally a bit different at the moment as they certainly made it sound like the exemption would apply to almost all health/care workers. Either way, it seems you would likely have to pay it up front and then claim a refund if eligible.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... -needs-pay
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

AlexWN
Philippines

FLR FP to FLR M

Post by AlexWN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi guys,

My FLR FP visa will be expiring soon - in January 2021. And I am looking to switch to FLR M.

I meet all requirements. Relationship,Finance, English test etc.

Questions:

1. Would my immigration history as a previous overstayer will affect my application?

2. The gov.co.uk won’t give me an option for premium service, is this route still available?

Has anyone got any input?

Thanks

AlexWN
Philippines

Re: FLR FP to FLR M

Post by AlexWN » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 pm

3. I’m not updated with this new immigration application system, how can I upload all my documents online? Is there any agency/company I can go to scan and upload them on my behalf?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:40 am

AlexWN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:56 pm
Hi guys,

My FLR FP visa will be expiring soon - in January 2021. And I am looking to switch to FLR M.

I meet all requirements. Relationship,Finance, English test etc.

Questions:

1. Would my immigration history as a previous overstayer will affect my application?

2. The gov.co.uk won’t give me an option for premium service, is this route still available? Not available at present.

Has anyone got any input?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:43 am

AlexWN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 pm
3. I’m not updated with this new immigration application system, how can I upload all my documents online? Is there any agency/company I can go to scan and upload them on my behalf?
The application is done online/electronically, no paper forms any more and nothing posted to HO.
Yes, the visa application partners can do this for you at a cost. You will get this option of using UKVCAS to upload documents.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:26 am

AlexWN wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:56 pm
Not for now

AlexWN
Philippines

Post by AlexWN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:07 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:43 am
AlexWN wrote:
The application is done online/electronically, no paper forms any more and nothing posted to HO.
Yes, the visa application partners can do this for you at a cost. You will get this option of using UKVCAS to upload documents.
Is there any due date/timeline when to upload all the documents needed?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:18 pm

AlexWN wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:07 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:43 am
AlexWN wrote:
Is there any due date/timeline when to upload all the documents needed?
Academically, these should be kept carrying on uploading until the date of biometrics appointment, but the instructions arrive afterwards, upon the submission of application blended with follow ups should strictly be adhered to.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:18 pm

You must upload the documents before your biomteric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.