ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreseeable future in employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ben2019
Newly Registered

Apply earlier than 28days with standard service

Post by ben2019 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:39 pm

My 5th anniversary (T2G-ILR) would be late October. 28days earlier will give me late September for earliest application. But as I read here, it is the HO decision date that actually matters, rather than the online application submission date. Considering the current processing time with standard service (1-3months based on the posted timeline), will it be OK if I submit online application in early September, say 2-3weeks before the 28days? Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Apply earlier than 28days with standard service

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:47 pm

Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ben2019
Newly Registered

Post by ben2019 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:30 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:47 pm
Yes
Hi, Zimba, I am a bit confused now, as CR001 responded to others as the 28day has to be the online application date, rather than decision date?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:42 pm

You should be eligible on the day of your decision. So, in theory, you can apply early but it is recommended that the appointment is booked only on a day which you are eligible.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ben2019
Newly Registered

Foreseeable future in employer letter

Post by ben2019 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:01 am

I work as a scientist in university based on fixed term contract, which will end next year. The letter I got from employer said “his employment will continue for the foreseeable future, subject to additional funding.” Will “subject to additional funding” be an issue? Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Foreseeable future in employer letter

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:57 am

ben2019 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:01 am
I work as a scientist in university based on fixed term contract, which will end next year. The letter I got from employer said “his employment will continue for the foreseeable future, subject to additional funding.” Will “subject to additional funding” be an issue? Thanks.
Probably not

Kris001
Newly Registered
India

Re: Foreseeable future in employer letter

Post by Kris001 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:20 pm

ben2019 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:01 am
I too work as a scientist at an University with fixed contract that keeps renewing ( as we get funding). I applied for ILR recently. My application date was 25 July and employer letter stated that my contract is till end of October this year. Not even a mention of 'foreseeable future'. Got my ILR without any issue.