ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR from Tier 2 General - Should I wait for Priority/Super Priority

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

ILR from Tier 2 General - Should I wait for Priority/Super Priority

Post by mesn » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:16 pm

Hi Guys, I am a newbie but have been following the conversations. I am eligible for my ILR via T2 General 5 year route and am ready with my application. My visa is valid until June 2021. I know its a tricky time but just checking if you guys have some guidance.

Is it worth waiting for Priority and Super Priority to open or apply the standard route and wait for the biometric appointment? I see in the ILR timelines thread that a lot of applicants have managed to get the decision in a month's time. Would HO be prioritizing based on remaining leave?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR from Tier 2 General - Should I wait for Priority/Super Priority

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:20 pm

1. Please do not post in the COVID Biometric Appointment ONLY topic if you have general application questions. Post moved to your own topic.

2. Priority and super priority are UKVI services, not UKCVAS services. No one can say for certain if priority is given to any one group of visas or another. No one can tell you if you should wait or not as none of us know when the priority services will be reinstated by UKVI. Even if they were available soon, there is still a delay in getting a biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:30 pm

Check the timeline thread. Standard route applicants are not waiting too long these days

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1140.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:48 pm

Thanks Both.