ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Pbs dependent to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jaz09
Newly Registered

Pbs dependent extension - ILR

Post by Jaz09 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:52 am

Hello everyone,

I got ILR recently through tier 2, my husband came in august 2015 and he is on pbs dependent until 24th march 2020. Can you please help me with below questions.

* Do my husband need to apply for pbs dependent extension now or after 2020. if yes then please help me with the online link, standard fees, Ihs fees and documents needed. any balance need to be shown in my husband bank account or can we show in joint account.

thank you!!

Jaz09
Newly Registered

Re: Pbs dependent extension - ILR

Post by Jaz09 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:08 pm

Guys please help me on this!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:13 pm

He can apply at any time before his current visa expires. No requirement to apply now.

IHS will be £1200 plus whatever the visa fee is at the time he applies. It will be a three year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jaz09
Newly Registered

Post by Jaz09 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi,

I was told that once i get ILR, my husband need to apply for pbs dependent extension with in 28 days. i got Ilr on 1st march 2019. my husband got tier 2 general dependent visa expiring on 24/03/2020. Please help me with this.

Thank you!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:04 pm

You have been told wrong. He can apply at any time before his current visa expires as he is obviously applying for a visa in the same category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jaz09
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Pbs dependent to ILR

Post by Jaz09 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:13 pm

Hello Everyone,

Can you please help me with below query?
I am on Ilr, my husband is on Tier 2 pbs dependent visa since 04/08/2015, his visa got expired on 24/03/2020 so we made application for pbs dependent extension and paid visa and IHS fees but due to covid our appointment was cancelled 2 times and visa application is on hold, but Now my husband is eligible for ILR, so can i cancel the old visa application and apply for ILR application, will i get refund for old application, please help me.

thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 Pbs dependent to ILR

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:49 pm

Jaz09 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:13 pm
Hello Everyone,

Can you please help me with below query?
I am on Ilr, my husband is on Tier 2 pbs dependent visa since 04/08/2015, his visa got expired on 24/03/2020 so we made application for pbs dependent extension and paid visa and IHS fees but due to covid our appointment was cancelled 2 times and visa application is on hold, but Now my husband is eligible for ILR, so can i cancel the old visa application and apply for ILR application, will i get refund for old application, please help me.

thank you
You must not cancel anything. You should apply for ILR as normal which will be a variation of his previous application. Refunds will be given later automatically
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jaz09
Newly Registered

Post by Jaz09 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:22 am

Hi Zimba,

Can you please help me with below query.
* List of documents required, funds in bank, fees and application link
* Also my husband was abroad from
31/08/2019 to 18/03/2020, this will make any difference to ilr application or i can apply now.

thank you for your help

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:40 am

Apply here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-o
It tells you what to send at the end. PBS dependants do not have any absence limits if their visa was issued before 11 Jan 2018
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jaz09
Newly Registered

Post by Jaz09 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:38 pm

thank you👍

Jaz09
Newly Registered

Post by Jaz09 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi Zimba,

Can you please help me with the below question from application form?

* Was there a reason beyond your control why you did not apply before your visa or leave to remain expired? (Required)
If you did not apply because of:
coronavirus (COVID 19), for example, you were in hospital with coronavirus symptoms, self-isolating or you could not return to your home country, select no
another reason, for example you were in hospital for a different reason or had a death in your immediate family, select yes and provide evidence of this when you are asked

Yes

No

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:49 pm

Select YES. Put 'variation of previous in-time leave'

Jaz09
Newly Registered

Post by Jaz09 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:49 am

Hi Zimba,

Please help me with below query,
in other documents required section it's asking to provide naric letter, my husband got master degree completed in english language, still we need to give this letter? during previous application we had submitted the master degree certificate and they never asked for letter.

Other documents

If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused. (Required)

* NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched

thank you for your help👍

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:18 am

Please help me with below query,
in other documents required section it's asking to provide naric letter, my husband got master degree completed in english language, still we need to give this letter? during previous application we had submitted the master degree certificate and they never asked for letter.
You need to provide naric English and comparable assessment if you are using a foreign degree to meet the English requirment.

Any previous PBS dependent application you made did NOT have an English requirment and the degree would have been ignored. PBS dependents don't have to meet an English requirement for PBS dependent visas, at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jaz09
Newly Registered

Post by Jaz09 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:01 am

Hi All,

Can someone please help me on the below points.

* As a proof of cohabitation we can only submit bank mortgage statement and council bill for last 15 months, is this fine or their will be a problem?

* I have now submitted the Ilr application and paid the fees but i am not getting the slot to book the appointment. So now how i can get the fees refund for previous application and IHS( Tier 2 dependent extension)

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:03 am

1. You need items for two years, from 3 to 6 different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 6 months. They can be in joint names or addressed to each of you individually. Anything such as utility bills,TV licence, HMRC letters, NHS letters, etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jaz09
Newly Registered

Post by Jaz09 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:59 am

Hi,

We don't have joint bank account,
* can my husband submit his bank account statement from last 2 years? and do i need to submit mine as well?
* can he submit his old hmrc letters? and do i need to submit mine as well?
* can you please help me with refund query?

thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:46 pm

Jaz09 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:59 am
Hi,

* can my husband submit his bank account statement from last 2 years? and do i need to submit mine as well?

thank you
CR001 responded with the type of documents you can submit for the purpose and to cover the previous 2yrs.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:49 pm

Jaz09 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:59 am
Hi,

thank you

For refund, see below

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds