ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:17 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:12 pm
Paul99 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:03 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:54 pm
Tried to ring UKVCAS, stayed on the line for nearly 2 hours, charged me tons of money but no one picked up the phone - this company is absolutely a joke! Rang Home Office, again, spoke to some useless people who can’t you tell you a thing, and he sounded like as if he just got out of bed...
Same here -I started my call at caller number 48 and disconnected at caller 9 automatically by system-l with premium number -Looks this number is more expensive to call .
The home office man sounded like my grandpa, he even asked me what is “IDV app” - no joke!I was completely speechless. The incompetence displayed by this country’s public service is truly eye opening. They would have been sacked immediately in Singapore.
When you call the call centre, you are NOT speaking to UKVI staff or offices directly. The call centre is outsourced to a third party agent called Sitel, who are NOT necessarily up to date with everything in this rapidly changing situation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:17 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
Paul99 wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:
Tried to ring UKVCAS, stayed on the line for nearly 2 hours, charged me tons of money but no one picked up the phone - this company is absolutely a joke! Rang Home Office, again, spoke to some useless people who can’t you tell you a thing, and he sounded like as if he just got out of bed...
Same here -I started my call at caller number 48 and disconnected at caller 9 automatically by system-l with premium number -Looks this number is more expensive to call .
The home office man sounded like my grandpa, he even asked me what is “IDV app” - no joke!I was completely speechless. The incompetence displayed by this country’s public service is truly eye opening. They would have been sacked immediately in Singapore.
When you call the call centre, you are NOT speaking to UKVI staff or offices directly. The call centre is outsourced to a third party agent called Sitel, who are NOT necessarily up to date with everything in this rapidly changing situation.
I wonder what services have not been outsourced by the British government. Anyway my rant is over, now gonna patiently wait again...At least living in this country has definitely trained me how to be extremely extra patient, or I’d be mentally traumatised on a daily basis.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:23 pm

asap8 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:44 pm
ap1410 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:41 pm
thank you , what price are the appointments in Croydon this week on an average. Will be useful . All the best.
Price : 70, 110, 135 etc.
Can I ask how is the price range and availability like for Globe House? It seems to be a new place. I couldn't find any information (opening time) on UKVCAS.

Thank you!

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:33 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:23 pm
asap8 wrote:
ap1410 wrote:
thank you , what price are the appointments in Croydon this week on an average. Will be useful . All the best.
Can I ask how is the price range and availability like for Globe House? It seems to be a new place. I couldn't find any information (opening time) on UKVCAS.

Thank you!
The following is from UKVCAS website. Globe House is Core Service Point, so I think you may be able to book free appointments too... Please check the website carefully.

Appointments

In addition to our free of charge appointments at core service points we have a range of other appointment types.

Enhanced service points

We have enhanced service points across the UK. An appointment at one of our enhanced service points also includes the evidence scanning and evidence checking services. Prices start from £69.99 per person.

Out of hours appointments

If your day tends to be busy, you can book an out of hours appointment at both core and enhanced service points and you can also book any other extra service when you do so. Out of hours appointments are offered subject to availability and start from £110 per person on top of any other appointment-based fees.

Next day appointments

If you need to attend an appointment quickly, you can book a next day appointment at one of our service points. You will also be able to book any other appropriate extra service when you do so. Next day appointments are offered subject to availability and start from £110 per person on top of any other appointment-based fees.

Same day appointments

If your application is urgent, you can book a same day appointment at one of our service points, as well as any other extra services, subject to availability. Same day appointments are offered subject to availability and start from £110 per person on top of any other appointment-based fees.

Premium lounge

The premium lounge is for customers who desire a service with added comfort and privacy and is located in the heart of the City of London and the centre of Birmingham and Manchester.

The premium lounge provides an upgraded service in comfortable surroundings with spacious seating areas, hi-speed wifi and business facilities such as scanning and printing. The application process will be completed in an individual application suite where biometric collection and document scanning can take place in an environment of seclusion and privacy.

You can select the premium lounge option when booking your appointment.
Price

The price for a standard premium lounge appointment between 10:00 and 16:00 Monday to Friday start from £210 per person. The price for an out of hours appointment before 10:00 and after 16:00 weekdays and all day at weekends start from £270 per person
Last edited by asap8 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:35 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:22 pm
CR001 wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:
Paul99 wrote:

I wonder what services have not been outsourced by the British government. Anyway my rant is over, now gonna patiently wait again...At least living in this country has definitely trained me how to be extremely extra patient, or I’d be mentally traumatised on a daily basis.
Imagine if they’re going to outsource policing to Sopra steria. 999 call will cost you £1/min, police officer attend cost £60 - £560, auction every morning for the opportunity of police investigation... however the voters won’t be happy, so they won’t do it. Only if the victims have no right to vote like us, we probably have no choice but to keep waiting. They just don’t care.

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:42 pm

asap8 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:33 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:23 pm
asap8 wrote:
ap1410 wrote:

Thank you!
The following is from UKVCAS website. Globe House is Core Service Point, so I think you may be able to book free appointments too... Please check the website carefully.

Appointments

In addition to our free of charge appointments at core service points we have a range of other appointment types.

Enhanced service points

We have enhanced service points across the UK. An appointment at one of our enhanced service points also includes the evidence scanning and evidence checking services. Prices start from £69.99 per person.

Out of hours appointments

If your day tends to be busy, you can book an out of hours appointment at both core and enhanced service points and you can also book any other extra service when you do so. Out of hours appointments are offered subject to availability and start from £110 per person on top of any other appointment-based fees.

Next day appointments

If you need to attend an appointment quickly, you can book a next day appointment at one of our service points. You will also be able to book any other appropriate extra service when you do so. Next day appointments are offered subject to availability and start from £110 per person on top of any other appointment-based fees.

Same day appointments

If your application is urgent, you can book a same day appointment at one of our service points, as well as any other extra services, subject to availability. Same day appointments are offered subject to availability and start from £110 per person on top of any other appointment-based fees.

Premium lounge

The premium lounge is for customers who desire a service with added comfort and privacy and is located in the heart of the City of London and the centre of Birmingham and Manchester.

The premium lounge provides an upgraded service in comfortable surroundings with spacious seating areas, hi-speed wifi and business facilities such as scanning and printing. The application process will be completed in an individual application suite where biometric collection and document scanning can take place in an environment of seclusion and privacy.

You can select the premium lounge option when booking your appointment.
Price

The price for a standard premium lounge appointment between 10:00 and 16:00 Monday to Friday start from £210 per person. The price for an out of hours appointment before 10:00 and after 16:00 weekdays and all day at weekends start from £270 per person
Thanks mate -Great info-We can plan ourself
Many Thanks .

usernameswan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by usernameswan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:
Paul99 wrote:
LZ_90 wrote:
It makes me worried things this call centre told me over the phone - are they correct, and who will hold the accountability if they provide wrong info...

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi all

Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong thread but could someone please confirm if with the online submission we are not providing original documents / passports at all? or do they ask you to post your passport and other originals to them?

Many thanks!

On a separate note, I've been calling UKVI and CIT helpline and on Friday they were telling me that they expect an announcement from the government about the next phase and potentially reopening premium services. However, nothing so far... Today the helplilne people told me that they "don't know anything and no timeline is available"...

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:42 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:11 am
My employer confirmed to me today after Home office Right to work checks that my visa has been automatically extended for 6 months

New visa expiry date is 23/01/2021

My visa expired on 17th of July 2020, I made an application for ILR SET(M) on 22nd June

I received the re-use email last week, don't know if a new BRP will be sent or I remain without a BRP

At least it tells me that application is in the pipeline but 6 month extension is a worrying prospect, hoping for the best.
Did you provide any document saying that your employer will need you in foreseeable future or it is only required for SET(0) applicants?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:13 pm

Desiro wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:42 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:11 am
My employer confirmed to me today after Home office Right to work checks that my visa has been automatically extended for 6 months

New visa expiry date is 23/01/2021

My visa expired on 17th of July 2020, I made an application for ILR SET(M) on 22nd June

I received the re-use email last week, don't know if a new BRP will be sent or I remain without a BRP

At least it tells me that application is in the pipeline but 6 month extension is a worrying prospect, hoping for the best.
Did you provide any document saying that your employer will need you in foreseeable future or it is only required for SET(0) applicants?
This letter is ONLY required for tier 2 ILR on SET(O)!! Different routes have different rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RoomOnTheBroom
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by RoomOnTheBroom » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 pm

I just submitted my ILR SET(O) application today, August 3rd.

Just making sure - I CAN login view UKVCAS website with several appointment centres available to choose from but they all have no available appointments. Am I correct in my understanding that this is just because I haven't received a "can book an appointment email" from them yet and I should just wait for this email? And it still might happen that I will receive biometrics reuse email instead?

The email I received on completing my application was quite vague on that matter.

Thanks in advance

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:27 pm

RoomOnTheBroom wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 pm
I just submitted my ILR SET(O) application today, August 3rd.

Just making sure - I CAN login view UKVCAS website with several appointment centres available to choose from but they all have no available appointments. Am I correct in my understanding that this is just because I haven't received a "can book an appointment email" from them yet and I should just wait for this email? And it still might happen that I will receive biometrics reuse email instead?

The email I received on completing my application was quite vague on that matter.

Thanks in advance
Yes that's correct you wait for the email from UKVCAS and if you follow the different post here you will exactly get to know the process.

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Post by BiochemFem » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:56 pm

So after following (and feeling!) everyone's misery here for months, I too have joined the waiting game today- submitted my Set (O) application-T2General 5yr route.

Immediately after payment I got a link to Book appointment with a message to submit biometrics latest by October. This was pretty misleading as their system then directs you to Sopra Steria where you can go to the book appointments link (had a tiny flutter of hope against hope) - alas! of course like the latest discussed youtube video ultimately there are no appointments available.

It would have been better to have a message displayed there stating you aren't eligible to book or will be invited by email later etc. Only if someone has been keeping track of other's situations via this forum would they know that they have to wait until its their turn to book appointments.

'March'ers please don't kick my butt for complaining on day 1 :lol:

going_dicey12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by going_dicey12 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:05 pm

Has anyone who applied in June not received any confirmation for biometrics on either reuse or a physical appointment? I have an exceedingly straightforward application and applied using a solicitor so am a bit concerned that I haven't heard anything given how many June applicants have heard on here. I'm a bit concerned the solicitor has done something wrong or has missed something but not sure what I can do.

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:38 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Which number did you call please?

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:52 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:38 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
Which number did you call please?
‭0844 892 0232‬ - my advice is don’t even bother, I spent nearly £30 on calling this number.

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:24 am

Thank you:)

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:50 am

going_dicey12 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:05 pm
Has anyone who applied in June not received any confirmation for biometrics on either reuse or a physical appointment? I have an exceedingly straightforward application and applied using a solicitor so am a bit concerned that I haven't heard anything given how many June applicants have heard on here. I'm a bit concerned the solicitor has done something wrong or has missed something but not sure what I can do.
If you are not able to see any appointment in ur UKVCAS account ,You may got mail for re-use .
Many Thanks .

going_dicey12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by going_dicey12 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:15 am

Paul99 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:50 am
going_dicey12 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:05 pm
If you are not able to see any appointment in ur UKVCAS account ,You may got mail for re-use .
Thanks Paul. Frustratingly, all the accounts (including contact email address) are with my solicitor so I can't see any of those details/I'm not the recipient of any emails. But they tell me they haven't received a re-use email.

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:20 am

Only thing is call them @Call the Support Line on 0844 8920232 and ask the update

Also which visa cat is this for ?
Many Thanks .

ranianus
Newly Registered

Post by ranianus » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:57 am

I also submitted my Tier 1 entrepreneur dependent application with that of my husband’s on the 8th Of June through my solicitor who is also telling me that he hasn’t received any emails for reuse of biometrics(last submitted in May 2018 )or invitations for biometric enrolment.He says that some of their applicants From April Have also not been contacted yet and we should not worry about this. There is no straightforward system!

Gotquestions123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gotquestions123 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:25 am

Any word on July submissions? Applied ILR (M) in early July. Thank you!

sk1984

Post by sk1984 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:35 am

Hi,

I have submitted SET(M) on 9th July. I have received no further communication. I have uploaded all documents on UKVACS and used "Submit to UKVI" option.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:05 am

I applied for ILR Set 0 on July 20.

Received email from HO yesterday that it may take more than 6 months to process etc.

Yet to receive any email from HO requesting for documents.

Any idea if the documents are processed ONLY AFTER they send the biometric related email (assuming no July applicants have not yet received biometric email)

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 am

Also given the waiting time for either IDV or Biometric Appointment I guess the mandatory completion date on the UKVI application page is irrelevant now ? This is on our UKVI application page and was the date that first comes up as actions to complete.

"Mandatory actions : Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 17 August 2020"