ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zahidsip
Pakistan

Urgent help please

Post by zahidsip » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi everyone hope everyone doing well. I have question please advise me what is the best option for me. I will be grateful for your advice.

My sister married to dutch national and she got two sons one is 14 years and other one is 16 years old. Both of them have dutch nationality and they are currently in UK with full time education. They have been here since last one year. My sister is also in UK since last one year. Unfortunately My sister got separated and her husband has left his whole family behind and there is no further contact with him. She came to UK as a EU family member now she want to apply for visa. UKBA has refused her visa and asking for children custody which is not possible for her as her husband left without any contact. Could you please advise me what visa or option she have to get visa. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent help please

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:10 pm

What visa exactly did she apply for?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zahidsip
Pakistan

Post by zahidsip » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi

She applied under retained rights.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:51 pm

She cannot apply for retained rights of residence until she is officially divorced.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:17 pm

zahidsip wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:03 pm
My sister married to dutch national and she got two sons one is 14 years and other one is 16 years old. Both of them have dutch nationality and they are currently in UK with full time education.
She might be eligible to apply as a carer of a EU child: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... ss-citizen
(the conditions highlighted in bold seem to apply to her case?)
If you’re the primary carer of a child
You can apply if you’re the primary carer of a British child, or an EU, EEA or Swiss child who is financially independent.

You can also apply if you’re the primary carer of an EU, EEA or Swiss child who:
  • is in education in the UK
  • has an EU, EEA or Swiss parent who has worked in the UK when the child has lived in the UK
  • has an EU, EEA or Swiss parent who has lived in the UK when the child has been in education
  • has an EU, EEA or Swiss parent who has stopped working in the UK, or left the UK
And for the above, they say that what you need to apply is the below:
You’ll need to provide proof of your relationship to your EU, EEA or Swiss citizen family member - for example, a birth, marriage or civil partnership certificate, or a residence card. You can scan and submit this through the online application form.

If you apply before your family member, you’ll also need to provide evidence of their identity and residence.
So if her children apply for EUSS (in their own applications they need to submit proof they are in full/time education in the UK), then she could apply as their carer providing their birth certificates, and linking their applications together including one of their application ID in her application, as is standard practice. They apply first, then she does. Note that this means that the sponsoring family member is no longer the husband but one of the children, and for this, the ID of the father no longer required.
Unfortunately My sister got separated and her husband has left his whole family behind and there is no further contact with him. She came to UK as a EU family member now she want to apply for visa. UKBA has refused her visa and asking for children custody which is not possible for her as her husband left without any contact.
Do you know if the husband has left the UK?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

zahidsip
Pakistan

Post by zahidsip » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Thanks to all. CR and kamoe. Much appreciated.