ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILRGB
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ILRGB » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:13 pm

the email format was

firstname.lastname@ some home office address

it mentiones that for LTR the typical processing time is 8 weeks and for ILR the typical processing time is 6 months but in your case it may be delayed

some key words were highlighted in RED colour

there was not signature or location at the end of the email

Did you also receive a similar pattern email?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:43 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:13 pm
the email format was

it mentiones that for LTR the typical processing time is 8 weeks and for ILR the typical processing time is 6 months but in your case it may be delayed

Thanks, Yes the email I received was also from similar email address and contents was almost similar, see below post to check contents of the email that I received.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1918043

By checking responses from other members who reported about similar email, the pattern so far shows that this is informative email sent by some case workers due to covid-19 and not necessary that decision will be delayed.

sk1984

Post by sk1984 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:56 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:00 pm
dgeddis123 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:52 pm
Paul99 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:44 pm
dgeddis123 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:37 pm

I am in similar situation only I have only uploaded the docs not submitted them, I can't seem to find any definitive answers on IF i should submit them or not at this stage

Surely, the submit documents is only for those who don't need to attend an appointment and can re-use biometrics, since I haven't received that email, I may still be required to attend an appointment and would like them to check my docs before sending to UKVI
Submit button mostly all got the options -it is not specific to reuse category
Thanks for the reply. So if most but not all have this option, is there a benefit to submitting now before biometrics? I understand that once submitted, if any other docs are required, you can not submit yourself, so whats the point in submitting at all?
Submitting at least they will take your application to next level review until you wait for BIO
My employer has performed RTW work check based on UAN.UKVI has responded there is grace period until Feb 2021. I hope that is not sweet way of telling my employer to ask ur employee to sit tight until Feb 2021 :).

Regards
SK
[/quote]

mike9370
Newly Registered

Post by mike9370 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:06 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:43 pm
ILRGB wrote:
the email format was

Thanks, Yes the email I received was also from similar email address and contents was almost similar, see below post to check contents of the email that I received.

By checking responses from other members who reported about similar email, the pattern so far shows that this is informative email sent by some case workers due to covid-19 and not necessary that decision will be delayed.

Like others, I've also received this email as well. Interesting to note that in mine, the important line "Although we would normally decide your application six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is may not be possible in your case." was in a slightly larger font size, making me suspect these are default emails and they copy & paste either the 8 week or 6 month one depending on if the application is for LTR or ILR.

However mine was sent from a generic email address "WorkSponsored@...", but signed with the case worker's name. Nothing really notable in this, but just worth adding to the evidence that these seem to be pretty generic emails.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:13 pm

mike9370 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:06 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:43 pm
ILRGB wrote:
the email format was

Like others, I've also received this email as well. Interesting to note that in mine, the important line "Although we would normally decide your application six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is may not be possible in your case." was in a slightly larger font size, making me suspect these are default emails and they copy & paste either the 8 week or 6 month one depending on if the application is for LTR or ILR.

However mine was sent from a generic email address "WorkSponsored@...", but signed with the case worker's name. Nothing really notable in this, but just worth adding to the evidence that these seem to be pretty generic emails.
I also noticed the same thing, the above mentioned text was in slight large font. Could you please share when did you receive this email and what was the date of application?

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:48 pm

I applied on July 20 and got delay related email on Aug 03. No other email receoved so far.

So below is my understanding of current sequence of events for ILR Set O:

1. Apply/Pay and get gov.uk generated checklist of documents
2. Create UKVCAS account post payment
3. Upload + Submit to UKVI via the UKVCAS portal (submit option introduced in July)
4. Standard delay email sent by UKVI (14 days after application date)
5. UKVI communicates to submit documents via email (some X days after application date)
6. UKVI sends acknowledgement of documents receipt (some X days after emailing them the documents)
7. UKVI sends biometric related email (pending for July applicants) or the new app related email

Can you please share what the value of X days would be in points 5. and 6. above as per your experience?

Would you agree with the above or modify / suggest a different seqience?

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:52 pm

The British Embassy in China announced that from 3rd of Aug, the suspended Priority and 24-hour Super Priority visa service has been resumed for all the applicants in China. I think the Embassies have already cleared their backlog. Hopefully we will hear some good news from the Home Office in the next few weeks.

nash4elovek
Mood:

Post by nash4elovek » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:15 pm

Aerotony wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:52 pm
The British Embassy in China announced that from 3rd of Aug, the suspended Priority and 24-hour Super Priority visa service has been resumed for all the applicants in China. I think the Embassies have already cleared their backlog. Hopefully we will hear some good news from the Home Office in the next few weeks.
I just checked and the Russian office of TLS contact also provides priority service for settlement (priority non-settlement still suspended). I think it's a good sign.

Simre
Newly Registered

Post by Simre » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi all,

If we decide to opt-out will we be able to book an appointment at any of the service points (Core, Enhanced, Premium), or will we only be able to book for example at a core service point? Reason i’m asking is because an Enhanced Service Point just recently opened up in my area and it would be great if I can grab an appointment there.

Also, could anyone please confirm the price differences between these 3 service points?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:17 pm

Simre wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:16 pm
Hi all,

If we decide to opt-out will we be able to book an appointment at any of the service points (Core, Enhanced, Premium), or will we only be able to book for example at a core service point? Reason i’m asking is because an Enhanced Service Point just recently opened up in my area and it would be great if I can grab an appointment there.

Also, could anyone please confirm the price differences between these 3 service points?
Any. Depends on the availability. Check the UKVCAS site for the differences.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support/o ... rvicePoint

Enhanced is always paid.
Premium is most expensive.
Core has a variety of paid plus free appointments depending on availability and location.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mike9370
Newly Registered

Post by mike9370 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:28 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:48 pm
I applied on July 20 and got delay related email on Aug 03. No other email receoved so far.

So below is my understanding of current sequence of events for ILR Set O:

1. Apply/Pay and get gov.uk generated checklist of documents
2. Create UKVCAS account post payment
3. Upload + Submit to UKVI via the UKVCAS portal (submit option introduced in July)
4. Standard delay email sent by UKVI (14 days after application date)
5. UKVI communicates to submit documents via email (some X days after application date)
6. UKVI sends acknowledgement of documents receipt (some X days after emailing them the documents)
7. UKVI sends biometric related email (pending for July applicants) or the new app related email

Can you please share what the value of X days would be in points 5. and 6. above as per your experience?

Would you agree with the above or modify / suggest a different seqience?

My dates were similar. Applied July 19 and received delay email on July 30. I have not received any requests to submit docs via email, but I actually uploaded and submitted via the portal a couple days after submitting my application, so will be interesting to see if now they've migrated over to not requesting via email and actually using the documents submitted.

Nilang
Mood:

Post by Nilang » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:39 pm

I saw in FB that people publish that those who applied in July can now book appointments in UKVCAS website. However mostly those who claim they can are those who applied for citizenship.
Not sure wether it’s same case for ILR applications.

How ever even though I applied in July I can’t see those appointments. May be I have been prerecognized as BIometric reuse!! Haven’t got any email saying so though!!

Any news??

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:57 pm

Which of the following scenario is true as per your observation?

1. UKVI start to process the applications that have submitted via UKVAS portal submit button at the earliest next they send biometric email

2. UKVI by default always sends emails asking for documents and ignores the documents submitted via UKVCAS portal (it's just a formality) next they send the biometric email

3. UKVI will first send the biometrics related email and after that only they will send the email to request for documents they ignore the documents submitted on UKVCAS portal (as they want via email

Please advise what is the correct scenario at the moment as I am confused!

yadsa123
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by yadsa123 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:58 pm

Just to make you aware my partner received e-mail from FES appointments at 7:30pm today to book appointment. Application Set(o) t2G, 09/07. E-mail clearly states you are not eligible for bio reuse (despite last biometrics was 2 years ago). Easily booked for tomorrow for 135.
Hope this helps, Thanks

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:16 pm

yadsa123 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:58 pm
Just to make you aware my partner received e-mail from FES appointments at 7:30pm today to book appointment. Application Set(o) t2G, 09/07. E-mail clearly states you are not eligible for bio reuse (despite last biometrics was 2 years ago). Easily booked for tomorrow for 135.
Hope this helps, Thanks
Submitted SET(LR) on 3rd of July but unable to see any available appointment slot. :cry: I just won the biometric reuse lottery.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 pm

Seems like July applicants who will not be chosen for reuse have already started emails to book appointments even before a NEW update.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 pm
Seems like July applicants who will not be chosen for reuse have already started emails to book appointments even before a NEW update.
and I am an April applicant who stuck in reuse and now lost 5 weeks already, and will be one more for opting out, had to wait and still waiting, i do not understand why they call it all acceleration!

dantorrez
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by dantorrez » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:07 pm

Hi All,
I can confirm I've received an email asking me to book an appointment as my Biometrics Reuse was not possible. I applied on 22nd July and Payment confirmed on 23rd July.

I was able to book an appointment online about 10 minutes ago for next Thursday 06 August. But I'm yet to receive the email with the QR Code and final booking details and confirmation. Has anyone had delays in getting the confirmation email with QR Code? Or any case that you didn't receive and ended up going to the appointment anyway?

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:12 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:57 pm

1. UKVI start to process the applications that have submitted via UKVAS portal submit button at the earliest next they send biometric email

2. UKVI by default always sends emails asking for documents and ignores the documents submitted via UKVCAS portal (it's just a formality) next they send the biometric email

3. UKVI will first send the biometrics related email and after that only they will send the email to request for documents they ignore the documents submitted on UKVCAS portal (as they want via email

I think UKVI is prioritising Tier 2 applicants. Most of biometrics invitations were sent to tier 2 applicants. It is just my general guess....

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:34 pm

Shaaz2029 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:12 pm
ILRGB wrote:

I think UKVI is prioritising Tier 2 applicants. Most of biometrics invitations were sent to tier 2 applicants. It is just my general guess....
Is this conclusion from the timeline post?
I’m so angry that I applied on the sam day as them -22 June as tier 2 shortage set o. Previous biometric enrolled the same time as one of the user - sept 2017 but all I got is the reuse and endless waiting. Ukvi is prioritising lucky people that is it

Nilang
Mood:

Post by Nilang » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:00 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:34 pm
Shaaz2029 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:12 pm
ILRGB wrote:

Is this conclusion from the timeline post?
I’m so angry that I applied on the sam day as them -22 June as tier 2 shortage set o. Previous biometric enrolled the same time as one of the user - sept 2017 but all I got is the reuse and endless waiting. Ukvi is prioritising lucky people that is it
Just trying to see a pattern ..did you ever call the UKVCAS asking information before getting reuse emails??
Even to answer a question from UKVCAS they ask all the application details to verify the application??

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:28 pm

The pattern I have observed for those lucky ones who are chosen to attend biometrics are usually from nationalities who are required to register with the police. I maybe wrong but I strongly believe, “nationality” is one of the major criteria UKVI is following.

https://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-po ... o-register

Other criteria noticed is applicants where children are involved or biometrics which are older than a certain number of years.

marmalade2
Newly Registered

Post by marmalade2 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:49 pm

dantorrez wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:07 pm
Hi All,
I can confirm I've received an email asking me to book an appointment as my Biometrics Reuse was not possible. I applied on 22nd July and Payment confirmed on 23rd July.

I was able to book an appointment online about 10 minutes ago for next Thursday 06 August. But I'm yet to receive the email with the QR Code and final booking details and confirmation. Has anyone had delays in getting the confirmation email with QR Code? Or any case that you didn't receive and ended up going to the appointment anyway?
I just booked my appointment as well and did NOT get any email confirmation about the appointment. I am planning to print the appointment details from the ukvcas website and just show up anyway. I paid £135 for that. They cannot turn me away.

miche868
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by miche868 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:56 pm

I applied for ILR on July 1st Set(M) and I have received and email tonight at 10:40pm stating that I did not fall into the biometrics reuse even though my last renewal was in Jan 2018. I do have a 9 year old child so maybe that's why. The email stated that the system was now open for me to book an appointment.

There were no free appointment. I could have gotten an appointment in Sheffield tomorrow for £270 but I opted for Friday at £140.

I have not received the confirmation email with the QR code as yet though.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:38 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:28 pm
The pattern I have observed for those lucky ones who are chosen to attend biometrics are usually from nationalities who are required to register with the police. I maybe wrong but I strongly believe, “nationality” is one of the major criteria UKVI is following.

https://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-po ... o-register

Other criteria noticed is applicants where children are involved or biometrics which are older than a certain number of years.
My nationality requires police registration, last biometric submitted in 06.17 and I am in re-use pool, waiting for an appointment more than 5 weeks. I dont think there is a pattern, it looks like absolutely random process to me. The same with timelines - there are people who applied in June and got BRP in hand within 4 weeks and those unlucky who applied in March and haven't heard anything from ho yet.