ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of 5 years residence for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILR1980
Pakistan

Proof of 5 years residence for naturalisation

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:49 am

Hello everyone,

I have just booked an appointment for naturalisation and checklist document asking proof of living in the UK for 5 years (Non-European got ILR based on 10 years long residence ). Do I need to include only two recent non-British passports covering the last 6 years? and do I also need to upload the entry and exit stamps in these passports or just main page of passports with photo and all details on it? I am asking because I have got total 4 passports as arrived in the UK in 2004 and got ILR in 2016..

Thanks in adavance for help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of 5 years residence for naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:08 am

Do I need to include only two recent non-British passports covering the last 6 years?

Citizenship is based on the last 5 years. So yes, passports for last 5 years.
And do I also need to upload the entry and exit stamps in these passports or just main page of passports with photo and all details on it?

Yes.
I am asking because I have got total 4 passports as arrived in the UK in 2004 and got ILR in 2016..
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:18 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:08 am
Do I need to include only two recent non-British passports covering the last 6 years?

And do I also need to upload the entry and exit stamps in these passports or just main page of passports with photo and all details on it?

Yes.
I am asking because I have got total 4 passports as arrived in the UK in 2004 and got ILR in 2016..
Thanks for quick reply. appreciate it but you said yes to passport with main page or yes to main page along with all possible entry and exit stamps in different pages of passport covering 5 years ? Secondly i have uploaded 2 refree declaration with my photo and their signature on it and when i will attend appointment would they keep my two passport and two original referree declaration ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:19 am

All biomteric and stamped pages.

No originals are kept or sent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:04 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:19 am
All biomteric and stamped pages.

No originals are kept or sent.
Ok thanks. Strange that they ask us to put name and date of birth on the back of photos when they cannot see it in copy of referee declaration uploaded which show only front side of the photo as they asked us to glue the photo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:15 am

It is from when paper applications were made so that if a photo becomes detached, it can be matched up with the form. Ukvi could, even now, still ask for the originals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)