ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help regarding UK visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hopeS
Newly Registered
Morocco

Need help regarding UK visitor visa

Post by hopeS » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:34 pm

Hello all,
I made a uk business visit visa request in February, but due to lockdown, the tls office (the agency in charge with visa requests) was closed and I couldn't get my passport until the end of June. When I got my passport I found that got a 6 months visa which started in March and will expire in September, so it will expire soon and due to the current coronavirus situation I won't be able to travel before it expires.
I have been told that it is mandatory to use the uk visa otherwise I will never be able to get a new one in the future.
I emailed the uk consular services several times to clarify this, but no response.

So can you please assist me with that, is it correct that if I don't use the uk visa I will never be granted a new one later on?
Otherwise, is it mandatory to cancel it ? are there any specific procedures to follow or I simply don't use it?

Many thanks, I'll really appreciate your assistance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need help regarding UK visitor visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:42 pm

I have been told that it is mandatory to use the uk visa otherwise I will never be able to get a new one in the future.
Nonsense. There is no such mandatory requirement that you MUST use a visa or else.
So can you please assist me with that, is it correct that if I don't use the uk visa I will never be granted a new one later on?
No, it is rubbish advice whoever it is that gave that to you.
Otherwise, is it mandatory to cancel it ? are there any specific procedures to follow or I simply don't use it?
Nothing you have to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Need help regarding UK visitor visa

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:07 pm

Not utilizing the visa is far more effectual praxis than breaching the visa condition.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.