ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

scifikumar
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ILR

Post by scifikumar » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:10 pm

My leave for the last 5+ years has been under Tier 2 (General).
I passed my life in the UK test yesterday.
Today, I was filling up the ILR form.
However, it is asking for a NARIC certificate to prove my English language proficiency.
For all previous visa renewals, I did not need NARIC certificate as I had current leave under Tier 2.
I am not sure why it is asking for this document now.
Did you have to submit NARIC certificate as well. Also, how much did it cost. There are several options available. One option is statement of comparability for £59.40. Another is visas and immigration service for £ 168.

scifikumar
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ILR

Post by scifikumar » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:13 pm

I entered the UK on 05-10-2014 on a Tier 2 (General) visa. As such, I have been here for 5+ years. My Tier 2 visa will expire on 05-10-2020. Due to Tier 2 rules, I cannot stay beyond 6 years. My life in the UK test took place on 04/08/2020. If I apply for my ILR today, there will still be 2 months remaining on my visa on that date. However, once I have applied for ILR and the decision is pending, will I be able to continue to work with my current employer beyond 05-10-2020? My current employer needs to know if they can continue to employ me or not? I know that my leave will be extended and I will not be regarded as an overstayer. But, I do not know if I can continue to work beyond 05-10-2020, if the ILR application is still pending on that date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Tier 2 ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:13 pm

Another is visas and immigration service for £ 168.
Yes, you need NARIC English and Comparable assessment, so it is the more expensive option and the UKVI Red Route NARIC you need. Or you can do the English B1 test.

You will need this again for citizenship anyway, so best to get either NARIC or B1 test done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:16 pm

1. Please do NOT post ILR questions in the Tier 2 sub forum. Posts moved to the ILR sub forum.

2. Please do NOT start a new topic with each question you have on the same application. Keep all your questions in one topic, this one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:18 pm

scifikumar wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:13 pm
I entered the UK on 05-10-2014 on a Tier 2 (General) visa. As such, I have been here for 5+ years. My Tier 2 visa will expire on 05-10-2020. Due to Tier 2 rules, I cannot stay beyond 6 years. My life in the UK test took place on 04/08/2020. If I apply for my ILR today, there will still be 2 months remaining on my visa on that date. However, once I have applied for ILR and the decision is pending, will I be able to continue to work with my current employer beyond 05-10-2020? My current employer needs to know if they can continue to employ me or not? I know that my leave will be extended and I will not be regarded as an overstayer. But, I do not know if I can continue to work beyond 05-10-2020, if the ILR application is still pending on that date?
If you make an in-time application, ie. before your visa expires, your EXISTING visa conditions continue while you have application pending with UKVI even if your visa expires and you can continue working. You are protected under Section 3C of the Immigration Rules. The 6 year limit on tier 2 is completely separate to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

scifikumar
Newly Registered
India

Validity of PGCHET as english language qualification

Post by scifikumar » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi,
I have passed and obtained the Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Teaching from a UK university. Is that sufficient to prove knowledge of English for ILR. The certificate details are below -
https://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/ssesw/Stu ... ht/PGCHET/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:16 pm
1. Please do NOT post ILR questions in the Tier 2 sub forum. Posts moved to the ILR sub forum.

2. Please do NOT start a new topic with each question you have on the same application. Keep all your questions in one topic, this one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

scifikumar
Newly Registered
India

Post by scifikumar » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:40 pm

I got your point. But, what is the answer to my question. Also, I have a PDF of my certificate and not the hard copy with me.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Validity of PGCHET as english language qualification

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:22 am

scifikumar wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:24 pm
Hi,
I have passed and obtained the Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Teaching from a UK university. Is that sufficient to prove knowledge of English for ILR. The certificate details are below -
No. Only a UK Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or PhD is accepted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jvjroop
Mood:

Post by jvjroop » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi, sorry for cross posting, i have blue colored NARIC english as well as the degree equivalent certificates, are these good for ILR english proof or the 'red route' is the one that i have to re-apply and get for ILR?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:40 pm

raj_262920 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:30 pm
Hi, sorry for cross posting, i have blue colored NARIC english as well as the degree equivalent certificates, are these good for ILR english proof or the 'red route' is the one that i have to re-apply and get for ILR?
Thanks
Please do NOT tag onto other members topics, it is consider rude and unfair to other users. Continue your questions in your own existing topic you already have!!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1925393
Char (CR001 not Casa)

scifikumar
Newly Registered
India

Post by scifikumar » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:16 am

Hi,
Turns out my PGCHET was a valid Masters level qualification. My ILR application was successful with it.

Zimba wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:22 am
scifikumar wrote:
Hi,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:18 pm

scifikumar wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:16 am
Hi,
Turns out my PGCHET was a valid Masters level qualification. My ILR application was successful with iitcan

Hi,
scifikumar wrote:
Some pgd level certificates/diplomas including teaching if have been studied at UK university can be accepted in lieu of any English language test. Remember, a pgd diploma isn't realistically equivalent to a master degree rather is seemed or called as a cost effective bridge program between bachelor to master degree.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.