ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

udutt
India

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by udutt » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:37 am

Hi all,

I have applied for my wife and daughter on 6th July and submitted the documents a week after on UKVCAS. I can see quite a few who applied later in July have already started receding mails for appointment booking. I have not received anything neither for appointment booking nor for reuse of Biometrics. Anyone who applied in first week of the July received any message for reuse of biometrics. Please advise. Thanks.

Uma Dutt

tbp

Post by tbp » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:58 am

This assumption is not correct. I am Turkish and required to register with police. I have been identified for biometric reuse.
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:30 pm
The pattern I have observed for those lucky ones who are chosen to attend biometrics are usually from nationalities who are required to register with the police. I maybe wrong but I strongly believe, “nationality” is one of the major criteria UKVI is following.

vahidfar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vahidfar » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:14 am

I'm trying to make an appointment with UKVCAS as I got an email today to do so.
I select a slot, etc however when I click on "make a payment" button at the end, nothing happens! has anyone encountered this? what the solution is?

Many thanks

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:24 am

I’ve managed to book an appointment for the beginning of September. I haven’t received the confirmation email yet though.

vahidfar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vahidfar » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:28 am

wegetthejobdone wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:24 am
I’ve managed to book an appointment for the beginning of September. I haven’t received the confirmation email yet though.
yea, In the end I also booked a free appointment for early September.got a confirmation email after an hour or so

ronin

Post by ronin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:48 am

udutt wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:37 am
Hi all,

I have applied for my wife and daughter on 6th July and submitted the documents a week after on UKVCAS. I can see quite a few who applied later in July have already started receding mails for appointment booking. I have not received anything neither for appointment booking nor for reuse of Biometrics. Anyone who applied in first week of the July received any message for reuse of biometrics. Please advise. Thanks.

Uma Dutt
Hi,

I applied on first week of July. Me neither received anything, anxiously waiting!

Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:53 am

I applied on 22nd June. I have finally decided to stay put with the IDV app.

Reason being, there is no guarantee if invitations will be sent out for those who opt-out from week starting 10/8 OR there will be a further delay.

Assuming, invitations will be sent out on 10/8 for those who opt-out, and possibly their applications will be processed quicker after biometrics than those who will be waiting for IDV app:

But...

There are massive delays at Home Office for sending ceremony invitation letters and certificates to councils. Also, there are massive delays for attending a ceremony and getting a BP eventually.

I would assume, even if the ones who opt in for IDV, might be at a disadvantage at the early stage (approval stage), possibly they will not loose out in the race till eventually getting a British Passport (last stage).

So, given there are no restrictions for travel and no rush to gain BC, I have finally decided to OPT-IN for IDV app.

Also, I would like to experience a new technology offered by HO first hand ;)

Lets see what is destined for us lot opting for IDV!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:53 am
I applied on 22nd June. I have finally decided to stay put with the IDV app.

Reason being, there is no guarantee if invitations will be sent out for those who opt-out from week starting 10/8 OR there will be a further delay.

Assuming, invitations will be sent out on 10/8 for those who opt-out, and possibly their applications will be processed quicker after biometrics than those who will be waiting for IDV app:

But...

There are massive delays at Home Office for sending ceremony invitation letters and certificates to councils. Also, there are massive delays for attending a ceremony and getting a BP eventually.

I would assume, even if the ones who opt in for IDV, might be at a disadvantage at the early stage (approval stage), possibly they will not loose out in the race till eventually getting a British Passport (last stage).

So, given there are no restrictions for travel and no rush to gain BC, I have finally decided to OPT-IN for IDV app.

Also, I would like to experience a new technology offered by HO first hand ;)

Lets see what is destined for us lot opting for IDV!
Same here, I did not reply to the emial to OPT-OUT.( I hope the default is Opt-In)
No rush and moreover no need to get out of the house and travel somewhere for biometrics :-).

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:11 pm

@ liferockss1

Plus paying £100-200 for appointments on top of that. 🙉
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:14 pm

oh yeah that too :-)

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:42 pm

I am also not opting out of biometric reuse and will simply wait for the app.. reason.. not sure! :D
Just seems right to get the stored data re-used without the hassle of obtaining everything again..
In fact, I hope this process gets adopted for the future “post-COVID”.. will save everyone lots of time, effort and money!! The future is digital.. this is a great opportunity to test the process for future adoption. Especially if it’s not intended for profit!

Hope no one get penalised for any of this.. but the world is learning lots of new ways of life as a result of this crisis.. hope this is one of them!

Will simply patiently wait now!

K1712
Newly Registered
India

Post by K1712 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:29 pm

Hi all, I submitted my naturalisation application online on 9th July and then week later uploaded the docs and submitted on ukvcas but July doesn’t seem to be open yet. Has anyone received any email/ update for july submissions?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:32 pm

K1712 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:29 pm
Hi all, I submitted my naturalisation application online on 9th July and then week later uploaded the docs and submitted on ukvcas but July doesn’t seem to be open yet. Has anyone received any email/ update for july submissions?

Thanks
Did you read the previous posts??

K1712
Newly Registered
India

Post by K1712 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi yes i read a few posts and it’s not clear as some said they have been receiving for July submissions but ukvcas is saying it’s not open.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:38 pm

K1712 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:35 pm
Hi yes i read a few posts and it’s not clear as some said they have been receiving for July submissions but ukvcas is saying it’s not open.

Thanks
Although, there is no official update by UKVCAS, but July applicants have received emails to book appointments for the ones who are chosen to attend biometrics. If you have not received one, most likely you will be in the reuse pool. Wait a few more days to see what happens.

1Akmal
Pakistan

Post by 1Akmal » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:14 pm

udutt wrote:
Hi all,

Uma Dutt
I applied in first week of July and got the email for biometric reuse. Not sure about using the app though because it's not functional yet

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:29 pm

1Akmal wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:14 pm
udutt wrote:
Hi all,

Uma Dutt
I applied in first week of July and got the email for biometric reuse. Not sure about using the app though because it's not functional yet
Seems like this time UKVCAS did not even bother to update the flash message for July applicants. Same cycle followed as for June, first emails sent to those who were chosen to book appointments and now for biometrics reuse but without any official update.

Cocobana

Post by Cocobana » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:08 pm

I applied on the 8th of July and submitted docs on the 13 th. I haven’t received any notification to book an appointment or reuse category.
Without a doubt I fall into the reuse category as biometric was Submitted very recently, 18/06/20 when I applied for ILR. I can only hope they will make a decision on my application without further submission of biometric or facial image.
I qualify for an immediate citizenship application by marriage.

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:13 pm

With the risk of going a bit off-topic: is it normal receiving no acknowledgement whatsoever after returning from the UKVCAS appointment? I thought that at least I'd receive an email saying something like "your application has been sent to the Home Office, toodle-oo." But.. nothing. And I paid £110 to go there, give my digitals and be photographed. At least they could send a message with 5 characters: "itsok" :x

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:19 pm

VulgarisMagistralis wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:13 pm
With the risk of going a bit off-topic: is it normal receiving no acknowledgement whatsoever after returning from the UKVCAS appointment? I thought that at least I'd receive an email saying something like "your application has been sent to the Home Office, toodle-oo." But.. nothing. And I paid £110 to go there, give my digitals and be photographed. At least they could send a message with 5 characters: "itsok" :x
Yes, it is normal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nash4elovek
Mood:

Post by nash4elovek » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:21 pm

1Akmal wrote:
udutt wrote:
Hi all,

Uma Dutt
Did they give you the option to opt out? I wonder if July applicants get this option.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:58 pm

nash4elovek wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:21 pm
1Akmal wrote:
udutt wrote:
Hi all,

Uma Dutt
Did they give you the option to opt out? I wonder if July applicants get this option.

July applicants are also getting an option to opt out before 10th Aug. Was reported by a member in the ILR sub forum who received a reuse email after submission of application in July and got an option to opt out also.

K1712
Newly Registered
India

Post by K1712 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:53 am

Just got the email re IDV and option to opt out. Confused ! What is everyone doing? As the app is releasing next week but if choose for biometric then they will let us know in coming weeks To book with the open slots and that could Even be in Sep as well. Really confused what to do.
What is everyone thinking.

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:30 am

Good morning all,

Last night I have receievd the message addressed to my wife about reuse the Biometrics. Yes OPT OUT option is still there for July applicants too. Both my wife and daughter gave the Biometrics last year . I understand this message for reuse of biometrics is also applicable for my daughter also, or should I expect a separate message for her .Thanks .

Uma

Yawboat
Newly Registered

Post by Yawboat » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:33 am

I submitted my application online on 2nd of July and I have received an email from UKVCAS to book an appointment for the biometrics but still can’t get access to reserve a slot. What do I do?