ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is VFS for Uk visas in Pakistan open for Biometric Appointments??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmehmood27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Is VFS for Uk visas in Pakistan open for Biometric Appointments??

Post by mmehmood27 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:16 pm

Well I know the Vfs has opened in Pakistan in end of July as stated on their website, however it is quite strange that on this Immigration Board website in section "Spouse Visa Pakistan Timeline" there isnt any single post from anyone who has applied for spouse visa after Vfs opened in July and the last post there is from 9th June.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... -1320.html

Is VFS in Pakistan not Accepting any new applications OR have people in Pakistan stopped applying for spouse visas ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is VFS for Uk visas in Pakistan open for Biometric Appointments??

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:31 pm

Likely people are not applying at the moment or those who have applied are delaying the VFS appointment for whatever reason.

Note also that not everyone comes back to update the forum on the visa outcome.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:06 pm

Hey man,

I applied for my spouse from Pakistan on 29/7/20, so a week back. And on the VFS website there's no option to book a biometric appointment, it says due to the impact of covid-19 theres no appointments available.

Now this is what i'm trying to figure out, whether they will be contacting applicants based on application submission date, or whether to keep checking.

good luck and let us know how it goes.

mmehmood27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mmehmood27 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:08 am

I beleive the application submission portal should itself connect you to vfs appointment section rather you going manually on the vfs website?
Going manually on the vfs website has never been the case, No?

So so far you have not been able to book an appointment but only submitted the application?

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:46 am

Yes, you complete online application on gov.uk when submitted and paid, it gives you a biometric link which transfers you to VFS and your data is transported across, in the process you make an account on VFS.

After that fill in basic details, upload documents and book biometrics, pay some fees and done. You have to manually logon to VFS.

Yes, application submitted online on gov.uk but no biometric appointments on VFS.

Amanixxx
Newly Registered

Post by Amanixxx » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:54 pm

Vfs is open and taking appointments.
Wife got her biometrics done at karachi yesterday.

mmehmood27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mmehmood27 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Alright guys, i have confirmed from my sources and I can confirm Vfs centers are open for appointments However, there's a delay in getting an appointment after online application submission of around 2 weeks.

@amanixxx- Can you confirm how long it took you to get this appointment in Khi yesterday?

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Is the Islamabad VAC also open?

How long is the wait?

Thanks

Amanixxx
Newly Registered

Post by Amanixxx » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:52 pm

mmehmood27 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:01 pm
Alright guys, i have confirmed from my sources and I can confirm Vfs centers are open for appointments However, there's a delay in getting an appointment after online application submission of around 2 weeks.

@amanixxx- Can you confirm how long it took you to get this appointment in Khi yesterday?
I booked it on the 18th July and actual appointment date was 5th August which was the earliest one available. So two weeks wait more or less.

However when I checked it yesterday, the next available appointment was on the 12th August so you might get one quicker thn two weeks.
mavaas11 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:41 pm

How long is the wait?

Thanks

Yeah they are all open.

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:47 pm

Thanks Amani !!

No slots as of yet for Islamabad

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Biometrics opened for Islamabad.

Booked for 2 Sept 20.

Thanks 👍

waqas.sabir
Newly Registered

Post by waqas.sabir » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:55 am

Amanixxx wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:52 pm
mmehmood27 wrote:

I booked it on the 18th July and actual appointment date was 5th August which was the earliest one available. So two weeks wait more or less.

However when I checked it yesterday, the next available appointment was on the 12th August so you might get one quicker thn two weeks.
mavaas11 wrote:

How long is the wait?

Thanks

Yeah they are all open.
any advise on how to get the appointment?? we have been trying for last one month to no success Application was submitted on 12 july but so far unable to get appointment slot. any idea when they open appointments?? i checked with VFS today n they r saying islamabad is booked till 21 Aug

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:37 pm

waqas.sabir wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:55 am
Amanixxx wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:52 pm
mmehmood27 wrote:

mavaas11 wrote:

How long is the wait?

Thanks

Yeah they are all open.
any advise on how to get the appointment?? we have been trying for last one month to no success Application was submitted on 12 july but so far unable to get appointment slot. any idea when they open appointments?? i checked with VFS today n they r saying islamabad is booked till 21 Aug
You will have to keep checking for availability of appointment till you are able to hook one.

nkhan04575
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nkhan04575 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:13 pm

i submitted my application on 19th July since then i was looking for appointment but finally on 7th august 2020. they opened appointments and i managed to book it for 17th of august 2020 .
the appointments i saw were fully booked till 4th September 2020

i would suggest keep checking for appointment page everyday or every 2 hours if possible because .they will open and they are booked same day if they are open.

hope that helps

Needo
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Needo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:19 am

nkhan04575 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:13 pm
i submitted my application on 19th July since then i was looking for appointment but finally on 7th august 2020. they opened appointments and i managed to book it for 17th of august 2020 .
the appointments i saw were fully booked till 4th September 2020

i would suggest keep checking for appointment page everyday or every 2 hours if possible because .they will open and they are booked same day if they are open.

hope that helps
Hello Dear,
Can you please advise what is the best time to check for Biometric Appointments? I have to book appointment for my wife and 3 children at islamabad (Pakistan) VFS center. I have submitted their application last week and since then I am checking/looking for appointment but I keep getting the same message of the impact of Covid-19, no appointments available.
Regards

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:10 pm

I am also trying to book the biometric application for finger print and photo collection in Lahore VFS centre. But unfortunately I am getting following message.

Due to the impact of COVID-19 there are no appointments available at your chosen Visa Application Centre. Please visit the website for your country of application for more details.

What there we have to do to book this appointment, I have been trying every couple of hours since last couple of days but so far no luck.

Your hint or clue will be appreciated. Thanks

nkhan04575
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nkhan04575 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:16 pm

i got mine between 1pm to 2pm pakistan time

mmehmood27
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mmehmood27 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:05 am

Anyone who recently booked for appointment?

How long it took to book for one?

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi,

bringing this top back up because I am facing the same problem trying to find an appointment in Islamabad centre. I am just given this message:
Due to the impact of COVID-19 there are no appointments available at your chosen Visa Application Centre. Please visit the website for your country of application for more details.
Has anyone recently gotten their appointment booked in Islamabad?

Lagado

Post by Lagado » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:54 am

I literally got an appointment within a day for Lahore, on the 28th last month.
There was quite a few going for "prime time" appointments which are on the weekends and you have to pay. Worth the shot, I'd suggest checking during 8-9am uk time and keep refreshing as the appointment go within seconds

As for Islamabad, which was my ideal centre my solicitor said there was less chance of grtting an appointment and suggested Lahore instead

But you never know they might come out with prime time appointments

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:04 pm

Lagado wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:54 am
I literally got an appointment within a day for Lahore, on the 28th last month.
There was quite a few going for "prime time" appointments which are on the weekends and you have to pay. Worth the shot, I'd suggest checking during 8-9am uk time and keep refreshing as the appointment go within seconds

As for Islamabad, which was my ideal centre my solicitor said there was less chance of grtting an appointment and suggested Lahore instead

But you never know they might come out with prime time appointments
Thank you, I'll try at those times.

It looks like Lahore is easier than Islamabad, but I cant change that now but Lahore would be difficult for my wife to reach anyway, so hopefully will get something in Islamabad

Addy135
Newly Registered

Post by Addy135 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:39 pm

Hi, did you get any appointment from Islamabad yet. If so what UK time did you look for an appointment.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:09 am

Addy135 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:39 pm
Hi, did you get any appointment from Islamabad yet. If so what UK time did you look for an appointment.
Hi,

Yes I did manage to get one for Islamabad. I booked a couple weeks back and got an appointment for 5th January.

From my experience UK time 7 am to 8 am worked for me as I found appointments available twice at this time. From the looks of it they release in batches as I would check everyday and only twice got appointments window open.

There are no free appointments, theyre all paid.

Addy135
Newly Registered

Post by Addy135 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:48 pm

Thanks so much

rabz96
Newly Registered

Post by rabz96 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:42 pm

Hi,

Trying to get a biometric appointment in Islamabad for my husband, any tips on how to get it??