ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) and Biometric queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cangrande22
Newly Registered

FLR(M) and Biometric queries

Post by cangrande22 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:50 am

I wasn't sure where to post this question, apologies if already answered elsewhere.

FLR (M) renewal application delayed by COVID, applied June 22 - invited to reuse biometrics, and then opt-out; then asked to submit photos to UKVI.... does anyone know what that means? No reply yet (2 days).

Thank you very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) and Biometric queries

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:52 am

Useful if you could state what exactly the emails state! If you have opted out of reuse, then you have to attend UKCVAS to enroll biometrics when you are able to get an appointment.

Also, please do not tag your questions onto other members topics. Post split to your own thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cangrande22
Newly Registered

Post by cangrande22 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:51 pm

Thank you, I must check with my advisor.

We opted out but then advisor asked for selfie and signatures on UKVI documents re veracity of documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:01 pm

You can't use the IDV digital face photo app if you have opted out of reuse biometrics. So unclear why you have been asked for a selfie. By opting out, you have to attend a biomteric appointment at ukcvas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:25 pm

I have also received the same email. In few weeks they will invite you to download an app on your mobile phone. You will have to take your facial images and upload your supporting documents through that app.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19 (see here). This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity.

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

To allow biometrics to be reused, UKVI and UKVCAS (UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services) have worked together to develop a way to submit facial images using a new UKVCAS Identity Verification app (referred to below as IDV app).