ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by whdkfk » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:22 pm

saliame wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:13 pm
whdkfk wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:08 pm
I applied set (o) from tier 2 on July 27th and I got the biometric reuse email 20 minutes ago, with the opt out deadline by the 10th. I had my biometrics taken last year so did expect it but it still sucks :( I think I will opt out.
Did you receive the email from caseworker to send the docs, yet?
Nope this was the first email I got regarding the application since the submission. I did upload all the docs on UKVCAS last week.

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:29 pm

I think it is stated quite obvious in the re-use email that booking an appointment will get you a faster decision:

If you urgently need a decision about your application, (for example because you need to travel outside of the UK), the option to book an appointment is still available.

what are the reasons that people think using the app will be quicker?

kkkkc
Newly Registered

Post by kkkkc » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:38 pm

whdkfk wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:29 pm
I think it is stated quite obvious in the re-use email that booking an appointment will get you a faster decision:

If you urgently need a decision about your application, (for example because you need to travel outside of the UK), the option to book an appointment is still available.

what are the reasons that people think using the app will be quicker?
It looks this way but UKVCAS loves money. Maybe this is just trying to persuade anxious applications to give in and book paid appointments? It's very fishy that there is not any single free appointment at core centres right now, up until Sept...

Pinkychihiro
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Post by Pinkychihiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:44 pm

We submitted applications and documents on 17 Jul and got the invitation email today but no available slots in our area (Cardiff). We can only see some slots in London and Birmingham but don’t want to travel that far. Does anyone have similar issues?

JULY APPLICANT
Newly Registered
India

Post by JULY APPLICANT » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:50 pm

How do we know if there are any appointments available? I guess we can't check the appointment availability without them giving us any access.
Can someone suggest how to check appointment availability, don't mind even if it is paid. Or can some please post the earliest available slot information after 10th Aug if they can access the booking system.

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:51 pm

Same here..
Applied on 27/7 Set (O) and have received an email re reuse of my biometrics. Not sure if I should opt out..

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:16 pm

Applied SET(LR) on 3rd of July, just received the 'Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app' email 5 minutes ago.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:29 pm

Aerotony wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:16 pm
Applied SET(LR) on 3rd of July, just received the 'Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app' email 5 minutes ago.
Can you please post the text of this email?

The subject line is different to what was previously sent so just wondering if its the same text.

Omit your personal details please.

PS previously the subject line was “UKVCAS Biometrics reuse update”

Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

JULY APPLICANT
Newly Registered
India

Post by JULY APPLICANT » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:41 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:29 pm
Aerotony wrote:

The subject line is different to what was previously sent so just wondering if its the same text.

Basically the same text as previously posted here, just the subject line changed.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:43 pm

Thanks “July Applicant.”
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:29 pm
Aerotony wrote:

Thanks
SUBJECT: Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app

Dear Mr ____,

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

In response to COVID-19, UK Visas and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) is working closely with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to accelerate the application process and tackle the significant demand for appointments.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19 (see here). This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity.

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

To allow biometrics to be reused, UKVI and UKVCAS (UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services) have worked together to develop a way to submit facial images using a new UKVCAS Identity Verification app (referred to below as IDV app).

The IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend an appointment with UKVCAS. This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI will involve you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device. The IDV app is quick and easy to use and works on most Android and iPhones.

When will the IDV app be available?

Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. We will invite eligible customers to use the new IDV app rather than require you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point.

UKVI have confirmed that you are eligible to use the IDV app, as UKVI can use biometrics you have previously provided.

Please be reassured that your immigration status remains unaffected whilst your application is in progress.

What does this mean for me?

For most customers, using the IDV app means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

An invitation will be sent for you to use the new IDV app within the next few weeks, with further details about how to the use IDV app and the next steps.
What do I need to do next?

If you are happy to use the IDV app, you don’t need to do anything. We will be in touch within the next few weeks to invite you to use the new IDV app.
What if I want to book an appointment and not use the IDV app?

See Questions and Answers below
What if I need an outcome on my application due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here.
Please note, your immigration status will not be affected in the meantime. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

If you need further information, please see Questions and Answers below.

Kind regards,

UKVCAS

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website.

Questions and Answers

What if I can’t download the IDV app on my phone?

If you are unable to use the new IDV app, you will be able to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.
What if I want to book an appointment and not use the IDV app?

The key advantage of the IDV app is you don’t have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. If you urgently need a decision about your application, (for example because you need to travel outside of the UK), the option to book an appointment is still available. See next steps below.
Note: If you are part of a group, applicants must either ALL use the IDV app or ALL book an appointment.

Here are the steps to follow:

Send UKVCAS an email from your UKVCAS registered email address to admin.ukvas@soprasteria.com by 17:00 on Monday 10 August 2020.

You must include the words ‘OPT OUT’ and your 16-digit Unique Application Number (UAN) as the subject line.

In the email, state your name (and the names of other applicants in your group if applicable) and that you want to opt out of the IDV app.
If you opt out on or up to 17:00 (5 pm) on 10 August 2020, UKVCAS will send you an email during week commencing 10 August 2020 inviting you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point.

================END================

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:46 pm

Thanks just the subject line and deadline for 10th Aug is different to previous IDV email.

Looks like a new official update will come after 5pm 10Aug.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:41 pm

Desiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:48 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:09 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:35 pm
@ajitu92

Yes there is no certainty when the IDV app will be rolled out. But, I believe, the processing of the application AFTER the biometrics is sent (via UKVCAS appointment OR IDV app) will result in the same pace decisions. Obviously there is no evidence for now unless the IDV app is rolled out, but I do not see any reason why UKVI will do faster processing for those whose biometrics came via UKVCAS VS IDV app.
I agree. The only sticking point would be how many opt out of re-use vs stay on for the biometric reuse. My guess would be if they have indeed processed applications in the background and made interim decisions for ALL applications - what you say will stand true. If they have only processed and made interim decisions on applications that are not eligible for biometric re-use, we may see longer lead times on decisions than what we are currently seeing after biometric appointments are submitted.

On the IDV app, I don't see why it is taking them so long apart from intentionally delaying to clear backlogs and earn some extra monies through people who will opt out. That, and maybe the approval process on the Apple & Google side of things. The reason I say this, is that the Home Office have been using this technology for over a year now, to verify facial images as well as biometrics (BRP/passport NFC scanning) and supporting documentation for processing the EU Settlement Scheme applications (for which essentially Settled Status = ILR). And I have also seen and heard results and decisions for those applications being made fairly quickly as well (approx 3 weeks). So they have the technology and the know-how, so it's not a built from scratch system called "IDV app" at all in my opinion. It will end up being a somewhat re-labelled version of the existing app, which doesn't take as long as they are taking.
From the perspective of making money it doesn't make sense for them to close down opting out option after 7.08. I bet they will add it again next week.

Actually that's a good point. Maybe this kind of explains the phased approach.

So the people who have got the re-use email can opt out now and will be able to book appointments. Then moving forward, the next batch of people will get the biometric re-use email (those who reportedly can't see appointments but haven't received re-use emails either for example) who will also have an option to opt out. While those who have NOT opted out of the biometric re-use in the first batch will get the phase 1 access to the biometric re-use app? And then it continues so on and so forth until all the backlog is cleared? Sound far-reaching but plausible, maybe?

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:11 pm

I have also just after 12am recieved the reuse email, applied Set (O) asking similar stuff mentioned above that if I want to opt out confirm them before 10th Aug

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:20 pm

I think the option for opt-in or opt-out is a way to ask applicant’s consent to go ahead with processing the application. The applicant will no longer be able to withdraw/cancel the application and get a refund after opting in, I believe so.

“You can ask to cancel (withdraw) an application for a visa, visa extension or citizenship.

How you do this depends on where you applied and whether you have already given your fingerprints and photo (‘biometric information’).

You can usually only get your fee refunded if you have not already given your biometric information.”

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

Lets say, I apply but later wanted to withdraw/cancel. In normal circumstances, I would not enrol my biometrics and ask for a refund so my application will not be considered.

An application is only considered after biometrics is enrolled.

This makes me feel, an option to “opt in” is kind of a consent to go ahead with default reuse selection so an application can be considered.

And that makes me “re-think” that UKVI will only consider an application after biometrics OPT IN consent is provided till the deadline mentioned (opt in as in if someone does not choose to opt out by sending an email).

PS: What if someone receives a biometrics reuse as default and UKVI processes the application without the consent and later the applicant wants to withdraw? Does not sound right. So I think this opting in is the consent to go ahead.

Just a thought.

going_dicey12
Newly Registered

Post by going_dicey12 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:28 pm

Have any June applicants still not received any confirmation on biometric re-use or appointments? Applied 30 June, docs uploaded to system and in response to case officer request. Still nada. Seems a bit odd given how many other June and now July applicants have heard back.

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm

saliame wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:11 pm
I have also just after 12am recieved the reuse email, applied Set (O) asking similar stuff mentioned above that if I want to opt out confirm them before 10th Aug
when did you apply?

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:37 pm

Just managed to jump on July bandwagon, I applied on 31st July. Submitted bits and bobs on 1st Aug

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:40 pm

saliame wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:37 pm
Just managed to jump on July bandwagon, I applied on 31st July. Submitted bits and bobs on 1st Aug
Cheers, hope I get mine soon too, I applied 29th of July and uploaded all docs same day however no word yet.

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:41 pm

BloodofGod123 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:40 pm
saliame wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:37 pm
Cheers, hope I get mine soon too, I applied 29th of July and uploaded all docs same day however no word yet.
Must be on it's way

Kris001
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kris001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:30 am

Applied 25th July, Set(O), submitted docs on UKVCAS same day. Received email about biometric reuse & IDV app last night (previous biometrics given in May 2018). Deadline to opt out of reuse is 10th Aug 5 pm.
I'm planning to opt out.

AnILRapplicant1
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by AnILRapplicant1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:59 am

Applied SET M on 01st July, received email last night that I am eligible for biometric reuse with the option to opt out before 10th July 5pm.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:08 am

Kris001 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:30 am
Applied 25th July, Set(O), submitted docs on UKVCAS same day. Received email about biometric reuse & IDV app last night (previous biometrics given in May 2018). Deadline to opt out of reuse is 10th Aug 5 pm.
I'm planning to opt out.
Thanks for updating us. I applied in July and have received the email today.

Why are you considering opt out? Are you sure the slots for appoimtment are available easily in August?

I am a bit confused about whether to use reuse or opt out and seek an appointment.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:10 am

AnILRapplicant1 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:59 am
Applied SET M on 01st July, received email last night that I am eligible for biometric reuse with the option to opt out before 10th July 5pm.
Good to hear that. I applied in July and have received the email today.

Will you consider opt out?

I am a bit confused about whether to use reuse or opt out and seek an appointment. Any idea if we can check upfront whether appointments are available in August?

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:22 am

Can anyone help with below, this is the note in the email update from UKVCAS:

Note: If you are part of a group, applicants must either ALL use the IDV app or ALL book an appointment

We have applied for ILR (LR) for a family of three at the same time. The applications were individually done. So are we a group or we are individual applicants and hence can opt out individually?