ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for my daughter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tharmia81
India

Naturalisation for my daughter

Post by tharmia81 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi,

I have a query regarding my daughter's naturalisation.
I got my naturalisation last year(Jan 2019) via Tier2 general, my daughter will be eligible(under pbs dependant 5yrs) to apply for ‎ilr on May 2021,
so can I apply her naturalisation immediately after getting ilr? or I have to wait one year to apply naturalisation?

My daughter details:
- Born in India
- Currently in PBS dependant(will be completing 5yrs in may 2021)
- 6yrs old now
- My wife is also under pbs dependant but she is not going to apply ilr at this stage - will this affect my daughters ilr or naturalization application?

Thanks
Vinoth

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation for my daughter

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:03 pm

tharmia81 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:55 pm
Hi,

I have a query regarding my daughter's naturalisation.
I got my naturalisation last year(Jan 2019) via Tier2 general, my daughter will be eligible(under pbs dependant 5yrs) to apply for ‎ilr on May 2021,
so can I apply her naturalisation immediately after getting ilr? or I have to wait one year to apply naturalisation?

My daughter details:
- Born in India
- Currently in PBS dependant(will be completing 5yrs in may 2021)
- 6yrs old now
- My wife is also under pbs dependant but she is not going to apply ilr at this stage - will this affect my daughters ilr or naturalization application?

Thanks
Vinoth
You can only apply ILR for your daughter when your wife applies.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:28 am

You asked a similar question in 2017. The advice doesn't change.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1563994

Your daughter will only qualify for ilr when your wife does. This is clear in the immigration rules. The rules don't allow your child to apply for ilr without the other dependent visa holder parent also applying for ilr.

She can also only apply for citizenship if your wife holds ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:18 am

Why is your wife so reluctant to apply for ILR?

Keep in mind that her Indian citizenship (assumed based on your flag) will not be impacted in any way if she has ILR. It will only be lost if she becomes a British citizen.

But if your wife is granted ILR, your daughter can apply for ILR with her and then immediately apply for registration as a British citizen.

Your daughter will of course lose her Indian citizenship when she is registered as a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

tharmia81
India

Post by tharmia81 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:28 am

Your daughter will only qualify for ilr when your wife does. This is clear in the immigration rules. The rules don't allow your child to apply for ilr without the other dependent visa holder parent also applying for ilr.

Yes I asked this question before but someone told me that the UKBA has made some changes recently, so just want to confirm.

Thanks for the information CR001

tharmia81
India

Post by tharmia81 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:31 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:18 am
Why is your wife so reluctant to apply for ILR?

Keep in mind that her Indian citizenship (assumed based on your flag) will not be impacted in any way if she has ILR. It will only be lost if she becomes a British citizen.

But if your wife is granted ILR, your daughter can apply for ILR with her and then immediately apply for registration as a British citizen.

Your daughter will of course lose her Indian citizenship when she is registered as a British citizen.
Thanks for the information Simon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:05 am

tharmia81 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:31 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:28 am

Yes I asked this question before but someone told me that the UKBA has made some changes recently, so just want to confirm.

Thanks for the information CR001
There have been no changes to the nationality laws and requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.