ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AnILRapplicant1
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by AnILRapplicant1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:24 am

ILRGB wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:10 am
AnILRapplicant1 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:59 am
Applied SET M on 01st July, received email last night that I am eligible for biometric reuse with the option to opt out before 10th July 5pm.
Good to hear that. I applied in July and have received the email today.

Will you consider opt out?

I am a bit confused about whether to use reuse or opt out and seek an appointment. Any idea if we can check upfront whether appointments are available in August?
Even I am confused whether to reuse or opt out. Appointments are not open to me yet, I think will be open after 10th in phases.

If you urgently need a decision about your application, (for example because you need to travel outside of the UK), the option to book an appointment is still available.. This means reuse could be further delayed which is tempting me to opt out.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:30 am

AnILRapplicant1 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:24 am
ILRGB wrote:
AnILRapplicant1 wrote:
Applied SET M on 01st July, received email last night that I am eligible for biometric reuse with the option to opt out before 10th July 5pm.

I am a bit confused about whether to use reuse or opt out and seek an appointment. Any idea if we can check upfront whether appointments are available in August?
Even I am confused whether to reuse or opt out. Appointments are not open to me yet, I think will be open after 10th in phases.

If you urgently need a decision about your application, (for example because you need to travel outside of the UK), the option to book an appointment is still available.. This means reuse could be further delayed which is tempting me to opt out.
Yes you have pointed out a valid observation related to appoitments availability.

I cannot see any appointenments currently when I login the UKVAS portal.

So if one decides to opt out, the assumption is that the slots will start to appear for that applicant post Aug 10. Do you have a similar line of thinking?

seeweare
India

Post by seeweare » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:35 am

Applied on 10th July for long residence ILR. Received the IDV app email yesterday. I am thinking to opt out, but not sure about the availability of slots. Has anyone else (applicants in june) who opted out earlier got their appointment?

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:52 am

AnILRapplicant1 wrote:
ILRGB wrote:
AnILRapplicant1 wrote:

May be it's just me who is failed to understand, given the circumstances and the above yellow text in the emails, will there be anyone who will opt in, who doesn't want an urgent decision on his/her application?

Any thoughts?

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:11 am

saliame wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:52 am
AnILRapplicant1 wrote:
ILRGB wrote:
AnILRapplicant1 wrote:

May be it's just me who is failed to understand, given the circumstances and the above yellow text in the emails, will there be anyone who will opt in, who doesn't want an urgent decision on his/her application?

Any thoughts?
I am opting in, I applied 22nd June Set (M), have received both emails i.e. re-use and IDV app, there is no tangible proof of any patterns and we all are looking for confirmation bias based on our own beliefs, so hoping for a decision after submitting bio-metrics through the app.

nbbr
Newly Registered
India

Post by nbbr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:19 am

It seems they have only sent emails for Biometric Re-use at this time. Did anyone receive an email to book the appointments?

javy0071
Pakistan

Post by javy0071 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:25 am

saliame wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:52 am
AnILRapplicant1 wrote:
ILRGB wrote:
AnILRapplicant1 wrote:

Any thoughts?

I am seeing a lot of people opting-out which suggests it will not be easy to find appointment slots when everyone would be rushing for it. And by the time we'll get the appointment, and submit biometric, the app will be ready and submitted from home. I do need ILR urgently as I am in the middle of mortgage and getting ILR will help me getting a better deal.

Thanks

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:43 am

The email said ‘Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August.’

If it means the applicants that submitted their application in April and May will get the invitation first, I believe that it might be better to opt out if you submitted your application in June and July since you might need to wait for another few weeks to get the invitation.

I’m thinking about why the rollout of the app will take place in phase. I think if I was Sopra Steria, I will try my best to delay/block the roll out of the app, in order to force people to pay for the expensive appointments. Maybe this is the reason why they’re going to do so.

katyana
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katyana » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:48 am

Applied for T2 ILR Set(O) on 10th Jul, got biometric re-use email.
Indeed, I think most people will opt out which will cause further delays and would likely mean the last people to book (presumably July folks) get stuck with most expensive appointments (if any) left.

Pinkychihiro
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Post by Pinkychihiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:54 am

nbbr wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:19 am
It seems they have only sent emails for Biometric Re-use at this time. Did anyone receive an email to book the appointments?
I received the email yesterday to book appointment but can’t see any available slots in Cardiff or nearby, only a few in London and Birmingham.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:56 am

Pinkychihiro wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:54 am
nbbr wrote:
I received the email yesterday to book appointment but can’t see any available slots in Cardiff or nearby, only a few in London and Birmingham.
Whe you say a few, do you mean this week or all or august?

Pinkychihiro
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Post by Pinkychihiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:00 am

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:56 am
Pinkychihiro wrote:
nbbr wrote:
Until 9th of September

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:00 am

Pinkychihiro wrote:
nbbr wrote:
Hi

Can you please check any availability in Glasgow please?

Maiki
Newly Registered
Isle of Man

Post by Maiki » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:03 am

Hi - we have the opt-in option for 10 August.

If you do opt in...how do you deliver the candidate's original passport? Or does this mean they do not keep it any more and, in principle, we could travel during the processing peroid?

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:06 am

Pinkychihiro wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:00 am
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Pinkychihiro wrote:
nbbr wrote:
Until 9th of September
Sorry just to clarify, you don’t see any appointments until the 9th of September in London ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:06 am

Maiki wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:03 am
Hi - we have the opt-in option for 10 August.

If you do opt in...how do you deliver the candidate's original passport? Or does this mean they do not keep it any more and, in principle, we could travel during the processing peroid?
As is repeating daily on the forum and is clearly stated on the UKVI and UKCVAS webites, NO originals are submitting to UKVI anymore and has been the case since November 2018. Everything is uploaded to the UVCVAS portal.

You cannot travel out of the UK. If you do, your application will be considered withdrawn and you will lose your fee paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pinkychihiro
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Post by Pinkychihiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:08 am

sunny007 wrote:
Pinkychihiro wrote:
nbbr wrote:
Hi

Just checked but I can‘t see any slots in Glasgow.

Pinkychihiro
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Post by Pinkychihiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:09 am

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:06 am
Pinkychihiro wrote:
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Pinkychihiro wrote:

Until 9th of September
Sorry just to clarify, you don’t see any appointments until the 9th of September in London ?
I can see some slots in London in August and September, but no slots at all in my area ( Cardiff) nearby. So weirded.

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:12 am

Pinkychihiro wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:08 am
sunny007 wrote:
Pinkychihiro wrote:
nbbr wrote:
Hi

Just checked but I can‘t see any slots in Glasgow.
Ok Thanks, I'll wait for the IDV APP.

lucifer10896
Newly Registered
India

Post by lucifer10896 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:18 am

Pinkychihiro wrote:
nbbr wrote:
hi
wanted to ask when did u applied and how much you have to pay to book an appointment?

tier2g

Post by tier2g » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:19 am

Can someone please check if any appointments available in Leeds and cost.
Thanks

Pinkychihiro
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Post by Pinkychihiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:23 am

lucifer10896 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:18 am
Pinkychihiro wrote:
nbbr wrote:
hi
wanted to ask when did u applied and how much you have to pay to book an appointment?
I applied in 17 July. I can only see some available slots in London and Birmingham Both in Premium lounge, from 339£ to 540£.

Pinkychihiro
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Post by Pinkychihiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:26 am

tier2g wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:19 am
Thanks
I just checked. The earliest slot in Leeds in 18 August, cost £540. I can see some £279 ones a week after that.

Pinkychihiro
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Post by Pinkychihiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:28 am

Pinkychihiro wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:26 am
tier2g wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:19 am
Thanks
I just checked. The earliest slot in Leeds in 18 August, cost £540. I can see some £279 ones a week after that.
Sorry we have 4 people so might be £135 per person.

lucifer10896
Newly Registered
India

Post by lucifer10896 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:31 am

Pinkychihiro wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:23 am
lucifer10896 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:18 am
Pinkychihiro wrote:
nbbr wrote:
hi
I applied in 17 July. I can only see some available slots in London and Birmingham Both in Premium lounge, from 339£ to 540£.
thanks.is that the amount u have to pay normally or they increased it recently?also can u check availability in manchester please?