ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP for UKF application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DeeDonuts
Newly Registered
Australia

Assistance/advice needed for a complex Application for Citizenship by naturalisation

Post by DeeDonuts » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:48 am

Hello I’m wondering if anyone can help me if they have themselves been in a similar unique situation or point me in the right direction. It’s long and complex so I apologise in advance if there’s any confusion.

I’m an Australian citizen living in the U.K. and currently on an ancestry visa (as at the time of application by a hair naturalisation through in unmarried father was not an option for me). I’m also married to a UK citizen but a marriage visa at the time we were looking to move to the U.K. required an extortionate amount of money to be earned by us so was not an option.

I have since lost my job due to covid and as a condition of my ancestry visa I must remain employed.

I discovered I’m eligible for citizenship of naturalisation through my U.K. born father whom was not married to my mother at the time of my birth or ever. This is great news 🙌🏻

Here’s the catch... they require an original birth certificate which I don’t have due to having to forfeit it when I changed to my married name by deed-poll in Australia (this seems totally ridiculous I know, but at the time this was what I was advised to do in order to change to my married name as we were married outside Australia) again it is my understanding that this process has since changed. So I have a new birth certificate which still states and names my father but it also has my name change on it and obviously was not registered within 12 months of my birth.

Now my next option is to get DNA testing done as proof. I’m finding it really hard to establish how I would go about this and the costs involved if my father is now located in Melbourne Australia (currently in stage 4 lockdown).

We looked into an immigration lawyer but the costs are not something that’s an option for us due to having lost my job.

Does anyone have experience in getting the DNA tests done with people in different countries?

And does anyone know what costs would be involved?

Or recommend somewhere that’s ISO/IEC17025 accredited?

If I’m breaking the requirements of not working due to job loss and the current climate will I be deported?

And lastly is the birth certificate requirement that’s it’s registered 12 months set in stone would my new birth certificate at accepted?

If you have taken the time to read through all of this thank you! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Assistance/advice needed for a complex Application for Citizenship by naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:43 am

I have since lost my job due to covid and as a condition of my ancestry visa I must remain employed.
This is not correct. The requirement is not that you must be employed for every single day on the 5 year visa validity. It is simply an visa allowing employment, at any level, employed or self employed. There is no restriction on have breaks inbetween jobs etc.
If I’m breaking the requirements of not working due to job loss and the current climate will I be deported?
You are overthinking this. You won't be deported simply because you lost your job at this time.

How long have you been in the UK on an Ancestry visa?
I’m an Australian citizen living in the U.K. and currently on an ancestry visa (as at the time of application by a hair naturalisation through in unmarried father was not an option for me). I’m also married to a UK citizen but a marriage visa at the time we were looking to move to the U.K. required an extortionate amount of money to be earned by us so was not an option.
This route and form UKF has been in place for many years now so unsure why you didn't look at this option in more depth.

When were you born (month/year)?

Did you parents marry at any point after your birth?

Do you not have a copy of the original birth certificate? What did you use for the ancestry visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DeeDonuts
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Assistance/advice needed for a complex Application for Citizenship by naturalisation

Post by DeeDonuts » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:11 pm

I've been in the UK on the ancestry visa since 2016. I was born in September 1984, and my parents were never married.

I don't have my original birth certificate, this was taken when I was issued the new one in Australia. The new one was used for my Ancestry Visa application, but as I recall there is no requirement for the registration date to be within 12 months of birth, as there is with naturalization.

The main point I am unclear on is the requirement for a birth certificate issued within 12 months of my birth. It seems like this excludes the use of my new birth certificate, as the new registration date listen on it is 2015, despite the fact that my previous surname (my father's surname) is listed on the back of the certificate as my birth name...

In addition, under "proof of paternity" on the guidance document, it lists "other evidence that proves you are related as claimed" as an option, which seems typically vague. Any idea what specifically this would entail?

Thanks for your help.

DeeDonuts
Newly Registered
Australia

BRP for UKF application

Post by DeeDonuts » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Hello,

I am currently in the process of applying for citizenship via form UKF. I am living in the UK on an Ancestry Visa, and was not issued a BRP card. My Vignette sticker in my passport has the entire length of the visa listed under valid from/until.

Am I correct in thinking I shouldn't need a BRP card if this is what the visa in my passport looks like? I had my biometrics taken in Australia when applying for the ancestry visa, and was told a BRP card wasn't required, but can't find any mention online of this method being the case. However I have since exited and re-entered the UK with my passport and no BRP card, with no issue.

Additionally, I have previously had a BRP card issued in the UK(I lived here previously, had an extended Ancestry visa which required BRP that expired 2014, the 2 year rule made me exempt from settling in the UK this way). For the question in the UKF application "Have you ever had a biometric residence permit for the UK?", should I answer yes in reference to this expired permit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.