ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:12 pm

Shadyoakedive wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:00 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:39 pm
Shadyoakedive wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:37 pm
Does anyone know what happens if you continue to upload docs after you click submit on the UKVCAS portal? Will they be added to your application after the biometrics appt (or IDV app equivalent)?
You will be able to add more documents at your UKVCAS appointment (if you are chosen to attend). Its still unclear how the IDV app will function till it rolls out.
Do you know how it happens? Do i need to physically bring it to them?

I am aware that they offer scanning services at their enhanced centers (for £50) so is this that or something else?

And as far as you are aware, does uploading stuff after submitting do nothing?

Thanks
The “submit button” feature is very new that was rolled out on 10th July.
You only get an option to submit ONCE. You can continue to upload more documents but will not be able to submit until you attend biometrics appointment.
Upload documents after you have already clicked submit, will NOT send those documents to UKVI.

Coming to normal circumstances:
You pay and submit.
Book appointment via UKVCAS and scan all documents.
Then you had to attend UKVCAS appointment to get your documents verified. All originals are returned after the appointment. The best approach is to carry all “originals” in case a scan is poor and needs to be redone by the staff. However, only the “original” passport is mandatory.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Coco321
Newly Registered

Post by Coco321 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:12 pm

usernameswan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:07 pm
Coco321 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:05 pm
Ptnbbr wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:34 am
Coco321 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:19 am

I opt out
The funny thing is people who applied after us in july have booked appointments already!! Absolutely joke
Same here, such a waste of time and absolutely not fare, applied in April
Im so angry I applied for ilr based in 5 years rout and stuck by the idiots who said reuse fingerprint when its not even ready yet to use then let whatever applied in june get appointment and decision already!!!
Same here, applied in May...
Applied in April and still waiting!! Complained to sopra and they said twice in the two complains that home Office asked them not to invite me for appointment and to put me in the reuse group

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:13 pm

Hello folks!

Here's my status:
- Applied early July for ILR SET (0).
- Went to UKVCAS website, uploaded docs *but not submitted them yet* (i.e., didn't press Submit)!
- Got an email from M & S (I think) Contingency Home Office (or something like that): please *send us* via email your docs! I did.
- Got last week an email from Home Office: "We may not be able to conform to the 6 month deadline, but don't worry, you will not be harmed by this....!".
- Got an email today from Home Office: You are entitled for re-use of bio-information. Upload through IDV. But you can opt-out!

Questions:
- Should I even bother pressing Submit on my docs on UKVCAS? Their website writes explicitly that you need to press Submit for your uploaded docs only before the appointment (i.e., it's not a per-requisite for booking an appointment).
- Should I opt-out? Tough decision, but it seems this is a quicker option.
Last edited by Gary3000 on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:14 pm

rarbg wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:02 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Shadyoakedive wrote:
Does anyone know what happens if you continue to upload docs after you click submit on the UKVCAS portal? Will they be added to your application after the biometrics appt (or IDV app equivalent)?
You will be able to add more documents at your UKVCAS appointment (if you are chosen to attend). Its still unclear how the IDV app will function till it rolls out.
What's the difference between scanning further documents at the centre, or uploading further documents yourself? Surely they would both be "pushed through" to UKVI at the end of your appointment.
It depends on the package you selected for your biometrics appointment and the location. For example, “enhanced centres” having scanning included in the package where as for “core centres” you will have to pay extra.

Best approach is to make sure your documents are complete before you hit the submit button on UKVCAS portal to avoid being stuck later on to add missing documents.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:46 pm
Thanks just the subject line and deadline for 10th Aug is different to previous IDV email.

Looks like a new official update will come after 5pm 10Aug.
The deadline for applicants March-June is 7.08 and for those from first week of July is 10.08. This makes me think that this is what they call phased approach. They will probably send link for idv app to everyone from March-June next week( hopefully) and then next week July applicants. I considered opting out but now will probably wait for idv app- very likely there won't be any affordable appointments for those who opted out until end of the month. Also, I bet the prices for these applicants will be higher, as they clearly in hurry and ready to spend money for faster decision.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:24 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:57 pm
SUMMER92 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:43 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:33 pm
klownking wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:29 pm

E-signature should be fine. Personally, I have asked my boss to signed it personally and removed the e-signature. I have also asked him to signed the payslip because we get online.
Thank you :) Hmm I’m not sure how I can ask my HR to sign these documents as all of them are working from home
E-signature is fine, so are the online payslips, my HR confirmed in my employment letter that the online payslips I provided are authentic, and as a business we don’t do paper payslips. I have received approval on my application from Home office already, so No issues or whatsoever without wet signatures. Hope this helps.
E-sign should be ok ,few of my colleagues got ILR already last months (june /july) with online payslip
Thank you :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:27 pm

Gary3000 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:13 pm
Hello folks!

Here's my status:
- Went to UKVCAS website, uploaded docs *but not submitted them yet* (i.e., didn't press Submit)!
- Got an email from M & S (I think) Contingency Home Office (or something like that): please *send us* via email your docs! I did.
- Got last week an email from Home Office: "We may not be able to conform to the 6 month deadline, but don't worry, you will not be harmed by this....!".
- Got an email today from Home Office: You are entitled for re-use of bio-information. Upload through IDV. But you can opt-out!

Questions:
- Should I even bother pressing Submit on my docs on UKVCAS? Their website writes explicitly that you need to press Submit for your uploaded docs only before the appointment (i.e., it's not a per-requisite for booking an appointment).
I am not sure what you will loose out submitting your documents via UKVCAS portal although you have responded to the W&S email already?
Best approach would be to submit via UKVCAS also regardless if you will then be chosen to attend or are selected for the reuse pool.

Shadyoakedive
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Shadyoakedive » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:12 pm
Shadyoakedive wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:00 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Shadyoakedive wrote:
Do you know how it happens? Do i need to physically bring it to them?

I am aware that they offer scanning services at their enhanced centers (for £50) so is this that or something else?

And as far as you are aware, does uploading stuff after submitting do nothing?

Thanks
The “submit button” feature is very new that was rolled out on 10th July.
You only get an option to submit ONCE. You can continue to upload more documents but will not be able to submit until you attend biometrics appointment.
Upload documents after you have already clicked submit, will NOT send those documents to UKVI.

Coming to normal circumstances:
You pay and submit.
Book appointment via UKVCAS and scan all documents.
Then you had to attend UKVCAS appointment to get your documents verified. All originals are returned after the appointment. The best approach is to carry all “originals” in case a scan is poor and needs to be redone by the staff. However, only the “original” passport is mandatory.
Alright thanks!

Fingers crossed the IDV app / biometric appoitment / caseworker email will allow to add additional documents. I've just rescanned my passport as I was slightly worried the one i uploaded were too blurry.

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:54 pm

Coco321 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:12 pm
usernameswan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:07 pm
Coco321 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:05 pm
Ptnbbr wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:34 am

Same here, such a waste of time and absolutely not fare, applied in April
Im so angry I applied for ilr based in 5 years rout and stuck by the idiots who said reuse fingerprint when its not even ready yet to use then let whatever applied in june get appointment and decision already!!!
Same here, applied in May...
Applied in April and still waiting!! Complained to sopra and they said twice in the two complains that home Office asked them not to invite me for appointment and to put me in the reuse group
But now you should have received an update on IDV and there is an option to opt out, i received this email late night 31 July...clearly 5 weeks of precious time has been already stolen from us, by waiting for something which is not even ready yet :cry:

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:27 pm
Gary3000 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:13 pm
Hello folks!

Here's my status:

Questions:
I am not sure what you will loose out submitting your documents via UKVCAS portal although you have responded to the W&S email already?
Best approach would be to submit via UKVCAS also regardless if you will then be chosen to attend or are selected for the reuse pool.
Thank you!
I was indeed "chosen" for re-use as mentioned. But I think I am opting out....

As for not Submitting still the docs through UKVCAS website, I'm still contemplating whether I need to change something, or whether there are any changes to be done or something...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:11 pm

@Gary3000

If you are opting out, I would advise you to upload all your documents to the UKVCAS portal BEFORE your appointment and let the staff submit it.
You can upload anytime up to your appointment date. The UKVCAS staff will submit for you.

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:44 pm

Sorry this question was probably repeated, but when we travel to the appointment, do we have to take the hard copies of the documents we already uploaded on UKVCAS?

Den4iks99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ukraine

Post by Den4iks99 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:48 pm

whdkfk wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:44 pm
Sorry this question was probably repeated, but when we travel to the appointment, do we have to take the hard copies of the documents we already uploaded on UKVCAS?
They didn't check anything except of passports, even old one passport wasn't scanned/checked by them

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:50 pm

whdkfk wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:44 pm
The best approach is to take all “originals” with you. Incase there is a poor scan and the staff needs to redo the scan it will help. They do not check that though. Only mandatory original document is the passport.

bhavanisingireddy
Newly Registered

Post by bhavanisingireddy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:08 pm

Hi

Today i received an email from ukvcas stating that i am eligible for biometric reuse but i have choosed to OPTOUT . when can i book appointment for Biometrics. How many days it will take to receive an email asking to book appointments .

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:11 pm

bhavanisingireddy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:08 pm
Hi

Today i received an email from ukvcas stating that i am eligible for biometric reuse but i have choosed to OPTOUT . when can i book appointment for Biometrics. How many days it will take to receive an email asking to book appointments .
No one really knows that for sure. You will be updated after 10th Aug about the next steps/invitation to book an appointment.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:07 pm

bhavanisingireddy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:08 pm
Hi

When did you submit your application?

JULY APPLICANT
Newly Registered
India

Post by JULY APPLICANT » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm

I'm little worried my Passport is expiring in early September, I'm thinking of opting out from the reuse scheme and get an appointment as early as possible but I'm not sure how far I will succeed.

Can someone spare a thought on what happens if I attend the Biometric appointment either with the expired passport or with a renewed passport (if I'm lucky enough to get it renewed quickly). Would it be okay if the passport is renewed while the application is under consideration?🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:38 pm

lucifer10896 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:58 am
Whizart wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:45 am
Carrington1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:33 am
this is just so unfair.. i just cant believe they are doing this to march and april applicants.

applied online - April 1

received "eligible for biometrics reuse" email on July 4.
clicked submit documents button on July 13 :(
received IDV app eligibility on August 3
saying "wait for few weeks"

i have applied on April yet i have seen June applicants receiving approval email.
I feel your pain. I am in the same boat as you. Applied in May and still stuck in their "few weeks" matrix. Don't get me wrong I am happy for the applicants that applied in June and have received their decision already, BUT it is so unfair for Mar/April/May applicants. They've literally punished us by putting us in the re-use category without our consent. (Whatever happened to their claim they made before about considering applications submitted from the earliest date to most recent) Unfair Management and an absolute joke of a system!
what i am getting is the applicants who applied in April -May ,are they forced to go with bio metric reuse option automatically?
The mail u got didn't gave you choice OPT OUT?
they didnt give us a choice of opting-out and book an appointment after i waited for 4 months since April 1.
We only received a choice of opting-out after we received the email about IDV app eligibility, mine was received August 3.
I totally wasted 4 months.

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:41 pm

ps1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:01 am
Hi all,

quick update - we had our biometrics appointment last week and just now received the ILR approval email. BRPs have been dispatched and should be with us within 10 days!

This was super quick - I was prepared to wait for the 6-month timeline in the Standard application process. Application mid June and decision Early August in the Coronavirus hit times isnt bad at all.

All the best to everyone, especially the ones waiting for Biometric reuse.
Have you received an email about the app, or u opt out, and u booked appointment?

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:06 pm

Extremely bad management, gross negligence on behalf of UKVI really. Why do we need to explicitly opt-out of something we did not *opt-in*? Why did they select a lot of people and made them wait for something that is not ready?

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:58 pm

hi guys, sorry what is happening with the appointments pls, I applied for my wife on 15th July and no emails from HO, not uploaded a things, waiting for HO email.

do they give options to re-use bio, what are the reasons for not taking that option pls?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:01 pm

n8net wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:58 pm
hi guys, sorry what is happening with the appointments pls, I applied for my wife on 15th July and no emails from HO, not uploaded a things, waiting for HO email.

do they give options to re-use bio, what are the reasons for not taking that option pls?
Read the previous posts to get an idea.

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:02 pm

JULY APPLICANT wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm
I'm little worried my Passport is expiring in early September, I'm thinking of opting out from the reuse scheme and get an appointment as early as possible but I'm not sure how far I will succeed.

Can someone spare a thought on what happens if I attend the Biometric appointment either with the expired passport or with a renewed passport (if I'm lucky enough to get it renewed quickly). Would it be okay if the passport is renewed while the application is under consideration?🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
Hi, My friend is in the same category and he contacted UKVI regarding the issue. They said he could proceed with the application with an expired passport however provide a letter or evidence that passport renewal is not currently possible/difficult, as well as give a brief explanation why in the "further information" bit or append a letter. Hope this helps. I suggest ringing them to confirm too

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:12 pm

I canot glean the info I am after, can somebody summarise birefly the state of play now?

what I should expect now after hving applied on July 15th - SET (M) ?