ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(m) application escalation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahmeer75
Newly Registered

Spouse ILR Cohabitation Documents

Post by shahmeer75 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:09 pm

Hello All,

I need to apply for spouse ILR (FLR-M 5 year route) and seems that instead of sending all the supporting documents, you need to upload them (instead of passport and BRP) along with the application now.

1. I lost my job 3 months ago because of Covid-19. I meet the minimum 18,600 requirement if i count last 12 months instead of last 6 months. If i submit my salary details (payslips, bank account statements) whatever i have earned from my job in the immediate last 12 months, would it be suffice the requirements?

2. My utility bills, bank statements, payslips are online. Can i upload the soft copy instead of ordering the hard copy and scanning it?

3. Our joint account bank account statements are online. If i order last two years statement from the bank, they send historical transaction list. My concern is that it date is normally on the letter is when i ordered and does not mean that i was on the address 2-3 years ago (although we are on the same address from last 5 years). Although, it was ok during extension (i did not thought about it) and they granted the extension visa but i am a bit concerned now if this can be used as a cohabitation document?

Thank you....stay safe.

Shahmeer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse ILR Cohabitation Documents

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:13 pm

I need to apply for spouse ILR (FLR-M 5 year route) and seems that instead of sending all the supporting documents, you need to upload them (instead of passport and BRP) along with the application now.
Correct. However you don't upload as part of the online UKVI application form. You upload after you have submitted and paid the form and are directed to the UKCVAS portal, which is for doucments and to book biometric appointment.
1. I lost my job 3 months ago because of Covid-19. I meet the minimum 18,600 requirement if i count last 12 months instead of last 6 months. If i submit my salary details (payslips, bank account statements) whatever i have earned from my job in the immediate last 12 months, would it be suffice the requirements?
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus, provided the requirement was met for at least 6 months up to March 2020.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.

If you’re self-employed, a loss of annual income due to coronavirus between 1 March 2020 and 31 July 2020 will generally be disregarded, along with the impact on employment income from the same period for future applications.
2. My utility bills, bank statements, payslips are online. Can i upload the soft copy instead of ordering the hard copy and scanning it?
Yes, as long as the soft copy looks identical to the paper copy.
3. Our joint account bank account statements are online. If i order last two years statement from the bank, they send historical transaction list. My concern is that it date is normally on the letter is when i ordered and does not mean that i was on the address 2-3 years ago (although we are on the same address from last 5 years). Although, it was ok during extension (i did not thought about it) and they granted the extension visa but i am a bit concerned now if this can be used as a cohabitation document?
There is a whole range of documents in both your names that can be used. Any letters, utility bills, TV license, NHS letters, HMRC letters, etc etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shahmeer75
Newly Registered

SET(M) Spouse Visa Confusing Visa Application Questions

Post by shahmeer75 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:47 pm

Hello all,

I am filling application for ILR spending 5 years on a spouse visa. There are some questions which are confusing me, if someone can help me if i have filled them correctly, it would be greatly appreciated.
Q1: I am using SET(M) form for ILR application after 5 years on a spouse visa. I believe i am using the correct form?
Q2: There is a question in the application:
"Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"
I took an English language test from Trinity College 2.5 years ago. I have selected "Yes" based on the fact that i used my same English Language certificate (B1 grade) for my spouse visa extension 2.5 years ago. This was my intention to use the same test for ILR. Otherwise, I my first limited leave to remain was based on an IELTS test.
I believe "Yes" is the correct answer?
Q3. Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person? No
My husband got his Citizenship through HSMP a long time ago, never married, and never sponsored by anyone.
I believe this "No" is the correct answer?
Q4: As part of the Financial requirement, there is a question
“Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?”
I have provided "yes" and i am providing evidence that my husband worked for the same company in the last 12 months and meet the financial threshold if calculated over the last 12 months. His role was made redundant in May 2020 so technically it is not the last 6 months before this application. There is no option to choose when the job was ended.
Should i explain this in the Cover letter?
Q5: In the application, they have asked for evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live and rental agreement. If i provide the council tax costs for the year 2020, would it be sufficient or do i need to provide for the previous 2.5 years?

Thank you.

Stay safe.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: SET(M) Spouse Visa Confusing Visa Application Questions

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:48 am

shahmeer75 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:47 pm
Hello all,

I am filling application for ILR spending 5 years on a spouse visa. There are some questions which are confusing me, if someone can help me if i have filled them correctly, it would be greatly appreciated.
Q1: I am using SET(M) form for ILR application after 5 years on a spouse visa. I believe i am using the correct form? Yes
"Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?"
I took an English language test from Trinity College 2.5 years ago. I have selected "Yes" based on the fact that i used my same English Language certificate (B1 grade) for my spouse visa extension 2.5 years ago. This was my intention to use the same test for ILR. Otherwise, I my first limited leave to remain was based on an IELTS test.
I believe "Yes" is the correct answer? Check that the provider is still on HO's current approved list.
Q3. Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person? No
My husband got his Citizenship through HSMP a long time ago, never married, and never sponsored by anyone.
I believe this "No" is the correct answer? Correct
Q4: As part of the Financial requirement, there is a question
“Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?”
I have provided "yes" and i am providing evidence that my husband worked for the same company in the last 12 months and meet the financial threshold if calculated over the last 12 months. His role was made redundant in May 2020 so technically it is not the last 6 months before this application. There is no option to choose when the job was ended.
Should i explain this in the Cover letter?
Q5: In the application, they have asked for evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live and rental agreement. If i provide the council tax costs for the year 2020, would it be sufficient or do i need to provide for the previous 2.5 years?

Thank you.

Stay safe.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: SET(M) Spouse Visa Confusing Visa Application Questions

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:20 pm

shahmeer75 wrote:

I took an English language test from Trinity College 2.5 years ago. I have selected "Yes" based on the fact that i used my same English Language certificate (B1 grade) for my spouse visa extension 2.5 years ago.
I don't think saying yes will be appropriate because you haven't previously applied any ILR.
shahmeer75 wrote:

my husband worked for the same company in the last 12 months and meet the financial threshold if calculated over the last 12 months. His role was made redundant in May 2020 so technically it is not the last 6 months before this application.
If he is no longer employed or at least on furlough then the criteria might not be fulfilled because loss of earning doesn't equitable to loss of job.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shahmeer75
Newly Registered

Set(m) application escalation

Post by shahmeer75 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:49 pm

Hello all,

My other half applied for the ILR using Set(m) application. It is over 5 months now and there no email from home office for application confirmation, delay or whatsoever. We sent the application on 28th August 2020. I have been tracking timelines and average timeline for application outcome is 4-5 months on average. So my question when to escalate the application, is it after 5 months or 6 months and how can i do it?

Thank you. Stay safe.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Set(m) application escalation

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:12 pm

shahmeer75 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:49 pm
Hello all,

My other half applied for the ILR using Set(m) application. It is over 5 months now and there no email from home office for application confirmation, delay or whatsoever. We sent the application on 28th August 2020. I have been tracking timelines and average timeline for application outcome is 4-5 months on average. So my question when to escalate the application, is it after 5 months or 6 months and how can i do it?

Thank you. Stay safe.
You cannot expedite an application. Your frustrations are understandable during these difficult times but unfortunately, no one can tell you why this application is taking longer. Please wait to hear back as each application has unique conditions and will be decided in its own timeframe.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shahmeer75
Newly Registered

Post by shahmeer75 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:05 am

What is the maximum processing time i can wait before going to HO asking for an update?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:35 am

shahmeer75 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:05 am
What is the maximum processing time i can wait before going to HO asking for an update?
6 months.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:20 pm

shahmeer75 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:05 am
You will not get any updates from them either. You will get a generic response. The only option is to wait to hear back. ILR can take up to 6 months but longer if the application raises complex issues
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice