ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Portuguese Nationality through Marriage

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

slough_Boy

Portuguese Nationality through Marriage

Post by slough_Boy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:46 pm

Hi Guys,

My wife is Portuguese and we are married since 2008 , have two Portuguese kids as well.
I have already British Passport. Now I am interested in Portuguese Nationality.
We are living in UK.

What is the procedure to apply Portuguese nationality from UK ?

Thanks in Advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Portuguese Nationality through Marriage

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:54 pm

Google??

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CH ... 66&bih=657

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugues ... y_marriage
Portuguese citizenship by marriage
A person married to a Portuguese citizen for at least 3 years may be able to acquire Portuguese citizenship by declaration. No formal residence period in Portugal is necessary however sufficient knowledge of the Portuguese language and effective ties with the Portuguese community are required.[5]
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:23 pm

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ptspouse
Newly Registered

Post by ptspouse » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:56 pm

I'm in a similar position. My wife got Portuguese a couple of years ago, and so our daughter born after also has Portuguese citizenship, but the children born before don't.

I am organising all of the documents to apply on their behalf (Modelo 1F menor), and for myself (Artigo 3) as well.

I was wondering if anyone on her has experience with filling out the actual application forms?

I was able to figure out what documents are necessary, and am getting everything organised. I was wondering if anyone on here has experience with filling out the actual application forms? Just want to make sure I'm doing it right before I swipe my credit card/send everything off. :-)

ptspouse
Newly Registered

Post by ptspouse » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:57 pm

To OP: if you still need help with the documents and figuring out what's required, let me know.

The Portuguese Embassy here in London is... overloaded is perhaps a kind way to put it. Definitely best avoided, and I'm planning to just post everything directly to Lisbon.