ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:17 pm

n8net wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:12 pm
I canot glean the info I am after, can somebody summarise birefly the state of play now?

what I should expect now after hving applied on July 15th - SET (M) ?
July applicants have reported receiving emails either to book an appointment who are chosen to attend biometrics OR receiving an email for the biometrics reuse.
Those who have reported to receive “reuse email”, have also reported an option of opting out by 10Aug 5pm.

The ones who opt-out will be sent emails to book an appointment after 10th Aug.

You should check your email for updates.

PS The above all happened even without an official update on UKVCAS website.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

JULY APPLICANT
Newly Registered
India

Post by JULY APPLICANT » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:33 pm

BloodofGod123 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:02 pm
JULY APPLICANT wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm
I'm little worried my Passport is expiring in early September, I'm thinking of opting out from the reuse scheme and get an appointment as early as possible but I'm not sure how far I will succeed.

Can someone spare a thought on what happens if I attend the Biometric appointment either with the expired passport or with a renewed passport (if I'm lucky enough to get it renewed quickly). Would it be okay if the passport is renewed while the application is under consideration?🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
Hi, My friend is in the same category and he contacted UKVI regarding the issue. They said he could proceed with the application with an expired passport however provide a letter or evidence that passport renewal is not currently possible/difficult, as well as give a brief explanation why in the "further information" bit or append a letter. Hope this helps. I suggest ringing them to confirm too
Thank you

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:17 pm
n8net wrote:
I canot glean the info I am after, can somebody summarise birefly the state of play now?

July applicants have reported receiving emails either to book an appointment who are chosen to attend biometrics OR receiving an email for the biometrics reuse.
Those who have reported to receive “reuse email”, have also reported an option of opting out by 10Aug 5pm.

Thanks Cullinan, much appreciate this..very useful...

I applied for my wife on the 15th July, no correspndece from UKVI, I have not uploaded any docs as well.
People who hv applied after 15th July got emails as well ?

I also now can understand why people are opting-out for the fear of delays...but opting in mean we still have to pay for the appointment ? thought it was included in the original application cost of £2408..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:15 pm

n8net wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:08 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:17 pm
n8net wrote:

Thanks Cullinan, much appreciate this..very useful...

I applied for my wife on the 15th July, no correspndece from UKVI, I have not uploaded any docs as well.
People who hv applied after 15th July got emails as well ?

I also now can understand why people are opting-out for the fear of delays...but opting in mean we still have to pay for the appointment ? thought it was included in the original application cost of £2408..
The best approach is to upload your documents and submit to UKVI via the new “submit button” featured on 10th July.
Appointments are always extra. These days majority all appointments are paid.
Members who applied after 15th July have reported receiving email also.
You shall be receiving an email soon. It comes in a span on 2/3 days.
In the meanwhile, check login to your UKVCAS account and see if you can see any appointment slots?
Some members have reported to view appointments even without an email (most likely the email is not pushed through in that case), if they are in the biometrics appointment attendance group.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kuultechy29
Newly Registered
India

Post by kuultechy29 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:24 pm

Update:

My timeline: ILR long residence application on 23rd Apr 2020.

Reuse email: 4th July

Opt Out email: 2nd Aug, replied “Opt Out” same day.

My solicitor just happened to login to check for appointments now and she got one at London Mark Lane for 10th Aug which she booked.

She said it might be a cancellation as there was no other appointments available.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:26 pm

kuultechy29 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:24 pm
Update:

My solicitor just happened to login to check for appointments now and she got one at London Mark Lane for 10th Aug which she booked.

She said it might be a cancellation as there was no other appointments available.

Thanks
Thats a new thing reported. Good news. Lets see if more members report the same thing.
The invitations to book appointments for the ones who opt-out were meant to be sent after 10th Aug.

Can the members who opted out log in to check the same??

bhavanisingireddy
Newly Registered

Post by bhavanisingireddy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:36 pm

Desiro wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:07 pm
bhavanisingireddy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:08 pm
Hi

Today i received an email from ukvcas stating that i am eligible for biometric reuse but i have choosed to OPTOUT . when can i book appointment for Biometrics. How many days it will take to receive an email asking to book appointments .
When did you submit your application?
I have submitted ILRset(M) on 14th july

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:37 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:26 pm
kuultechy29 wrote:
Update:

Thanks
Thats a new thing reported. Good news. Lets see if more members report the same thing.
The invitations to book appointments for the ones who opt-out were meant to be sent after 10th Aug.

Can the members who opted out log in to check the same??
Nothing for me when I login in (any centre), very strange she/he was able to book an appointment without receiving a link...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:43 pm

UKVCAS is doing strange things indeed!!... lets see if more members report the same as user “kuultechy29” did before reaching a conclusion.....

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:46 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:43 pm
UKVCAS is doing strange things indeed!!... lets see if more members report the same as user “kuultechy29” did before reaching a conclusion.....
i am really happy for the user above, but again this is so unfair, but more unclear what is going on at all!!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:47 pm

Ptnbbr wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:46 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
i am really happy for the user above, but again this is so unfair, but more unclear what is going on at all!!!
Its a circus. Hang in there!

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:49 pm

yes Cullinina, I logged in too..no appointments to be seen.

reading here
[core service points offer free of charge appointments and out of hours appointments
enhanced service points offer an inclusive package of extra services
premium lounges that offers a personalised customer experience]

core is still free ?, do we have any1 here who have booked 1 after the pandemic and how much typically an basic appointment at other centers for one person pls?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:50 pm

n8net wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:49 pm
yes Cullinina, I logged in too..no appointments to be seen.

reading here
[core service points offer free of charge appointments and out of hours appointments
enhanced service points offer an inclusive package of extra services
premium lounges that offers a personalised customer experience]

core is still free ?, do we have any1 here who have booked 1 after the pandemic and how much typically an basic appointment at other centers for one person pls?
Usually core centres offer free appointments also along with paid. But as I said, these days, everyone is reporting securing paid appointments only even at core centres.
Reported usually around an average of £110-£200 depends on the location also. Premium lounges will probably cost even more.

kuultechy29
Newly Registered
India

Post by kuultechy29 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:19 pm

Ptnbbr wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
It is indeed unfair as us from April n May are still waiting and applications from June, July are getting decesions.

I lost 2 job offers and the 3rd one is almost clinging. Hopefully this news will cool em off and keep my offer alive.

PS: Solicitor is quite sure it was a cancelled appintment as there was none available apart from that.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:26 pm

kuultechy29 wrote:
Update:

Thanks
weird !

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:27 pm

kuultechy29 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Ptnbbr wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
It is indeed unfair as us from April n May are still waiting and applications from June, July are getting decesions.

I lost 2 job offers and the 3rd one is almost clinging. Hopefully this news will cool em off and keep my offer alive.

PS: Solicitor is quite sure it was a cancelled appintment as there was none available apart from that.
Even if it was a cancelled appointment, having access to the appointment system without any invitation is a bit strange.
Keep us posted on the 10th pls.. Good luck 😁

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:30 pm

ok, if that is extra pay I will be tempted to take the 'app route' as can't afford anymore for ILR...

any1 gone down either of the routes, looks lke no apps are not operational, but how about opt-out and appointments, any quicker ?

the anamoly of the above users I think is a one-off as she is lucky when she checkedm there was a cancellation. just a thought.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:38 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:27 pm
kuultechy29 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Ptnbbr wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Even if it was a cancelled appointment, having access to the appointment system without any invitation is a bit strange.
Keep us posted on the 10th pls.. Good luck 😁
BTW you were speaking about the VIP appointment previously in the thread. Did you not go for it??

“Decided to use sopra vip service and got the earliest available date for 17th Aug.
Asked solicitors to book it, waiting for confirmation of booking.”

kuultechy29
Newly Registered
India

Post by kuultechy29 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:44 pm

Indeed yes, that is still booked but the payment is taken 3 days in advance and I had it confirmed by sopra and solicitors that we can cancel it if circumstances change.

My solicitors will cancel that VIP appointment Tomorrow.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:46 pm

kuultechy29 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:44 pm
Indeed yes, that is still booked but the payment is taken 3 days in advance and I had it confirmed by sopra and solicitors that we can cancel it if circumstances change.

You are very lucky to save £3.5k plus getting an appointment without any invitation. Good day for you.

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:47 pm

kuultechy29 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:44 pm

I hope you will get your dream job :oops: maybe this was the magic of solicitor :)

kuultechy29
Newly Registered
India

Post by kuultechy29 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:55 pm

Thanks so much guys!
I did get a very good offer which I do not want to loose, So was ready for VIP appointment spend as well.

Finally looks like things are falling into place.

bhavanisingireddy
Newly Registered

Post by bhavanisingireddy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:11 pm

bhavanisingireddy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:36 pm
Desiro wrote:
bhavanisingireddy wrote:
Hi

Today i received an email from ukvcas stating that i am eligible for biometric reuse but i have choosed to OPTOUT . when can i book appointment for Biometrics. How many days it will take to receive an email asking to book appointments .

I have booked an appointment for tomorrow around 4:30Pm at Croydon. I have uploaded all the documents. Does anyone knows what to carry to the appointment.

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by whdkfk » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:29 pm

bhavanisingireddy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:11 pm
bhavanisingireddy wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:36 pm
Desiro wrote:
bhavanisingireddy wrote:
Hi

I have booked an appointment for tomorrow around 4:30Pm at Croydon. I have uploaded all the documents. Does anyone knows what to carry to the appointment.

You opted out today but was able to book an appointment straight away for tomorrow?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:41 pm

@bhavan..

This is getting interesting. You are the second user reported a similar situation. Can you please confirm as your posts suggest you just opted out today.