ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CanT
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CanT » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:43 am

wegetthejobdone wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:24 am
I’ve managed to book an appointment for the beginning of September. I haven’t received the confirmation email yet though.
Which region?

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:03 am

udutt wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:30 am
Good morning all,

Last night I have receievd the message addressed to my wife about reuse the Biometrics. Yes OPT OUT option is still there for July applicants too. Both my wife and daughter gave the Biometrics last year . I understand this message for reuse of biometrics is also applicable for my daughter also, or should I expect a separate message for her .Thanks .

Uma
Same for me, applied in same application for two of us, but got email only for myself.
Read on ILR fourm few people got the same, so I guess its just for lead applicant.

m.asif

Post by m.asif » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:20 am

My wife submitted online application for naturalisation on 9th July and today she received biometric reuse email with an option to opt out by 10th August.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:27 pm

K1712 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:53 am
Just got the email re IDV and option to opt out. Confused ! What is everyone doing? As the app is releasing next week but if choose for biometric then they will let us know in coming weeks To book with the open slots and that could Even be in Sep as well. Really confused what to do.
What is everyone thinking.
The best approach, in my opinion, would be to stay put with IDV app. If you opt-out, you may get a quicker but PAID biometrics appointment (still uncertain), but note “approval” is just the first stage of application.

After approval, you have to wait for the “ceremony invitation” from HO and book your ceremony with the council. There are massive delays at the above two stages also. Also, applying for British Passport has massive backlog too. HMPO is not allowing anyone to apply without a compassionate/urgent/medical reason to travel.

You do not have any restrictions to travel on your ILR while your application is processed.

We still have to see UKVCAS’s approach regarding inviting applicants for biometrics for those who opt out. Nothing can be said with certainty till after 10th Aug.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:52 pm

Guys if you use IDV APP .. who will check our documents if uploaded correctly for ILR / CITIZENSHIP application ?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:56 pm

VulgarisMagistralis wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:13 pm
With the risk of going a bit off-topic: is it normal receiving no acknowledgement whatsoever after returning from the UKVCAS appointment? I thought that at least I'd receive an email saying something like "your application has been sent to the Home Office, toodle-oo." But.. nothing. And I paid £110 to go there, give my digitals and be photographed. At least they could send a message with 5 characters: "itsok" :x
you went there . you should have asked them directly . they send your application before you left the building
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:57 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:52 pm
Guys if you use IDV APP .. who will check our documents if uploaded correctly for ILR / CITIZENSHIP application ?
It is still uncertain if IDV app will ask to upload documents OR only ask for the facial image. The email inviting applicants for IDV app will list the next steps and how to use I am sure.
For now, its best to upload all your documents on the UKVCAS portal and submit to UKVI via the “submit button.”
The guidance how to upload/image size etc is available on the UKVCAS portal.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:58 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:56 pm
VulgarisMagistralis wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:13 pm
With the risk of going a bit off-topic: is it normal receiving no acknowledgement whatsoever after returning from the UKVCAS appointment? I thought that at least I'd receive an email saying something like "your application has been sent to the Home Office, toodle-oo." But.. nothing. And I paid £110 to go there, give my digitals and be photographed. At least they could send a message with 5 characters: "itsok" :x
you went there . you should have asked them directly . they send your application before you left the building
You do NOT get any acknowledgement after attending the biometrics appointment.

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:53 am
I applied on 22nd June. I have finally decided to stay put with the IDV app.

Reason being, there is no guarantee if invitations will be sent out for those who opt-out from week starting 10/8 OR there will be a further delay.

Assuming, invitations will be sent out on 10/8 for those who opt-out, and possibly their applications will be processed quicker after biometrics than those who will be waiting for IDV app:

But...

There are massive delays at Home Office for sending ceremony invitation letters and certificates to councils. Also, there are massive delays for attending a ceremony and getting a BP eventually.

I would assume, even if the ones who opt in for IDV, might be at a disadvantage at the early stage (approval stage), possibly they will not loose out in the race till eventually getting a British Passport (last stage).

So, given there are no restrictions for travel and no rush to gain BC, I have finally decided to OPT-IN for IDV app.

Also, I would like to experience a new technology offered by HO first hand ;)

Lets see what is destined for us lot opting for IDV!
I think this is a wise approach. I applied on 6th May and I will also wait for the release of IDV app, since I understand there are no restrictions on travel at any stage of the process until obtaining British passport. I just hope the IDV is launched by the mid of this month, and there are no more delays.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:05 pm

@passat

You have no restrictions to travel until you attend your ceremony, NOT till you receive a BP. You become British once you attend your ceremony and can not travel with ILR BRP after that. Just wanted to clarify.
Hopefully, once we will reach the BP stage, the backlog would have subsided.

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:50 pm

CanT wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:43 am
wegetthejobdone wrote:
I’ve managed to book an appointment for the beginning of September. I haven’t received the confirmation email yet though.
Which region?
London

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:05 pm
@passat

You have no restrictions to travel until you attend your ceremony, NOT till you receive a BP. You become British once you attend your ceremony and can not travel with ILR BRP after that. Just wanted to clarify.
Thanks for the clarification.
Also realised that I would have to forego a day's pay if I opt out of IDV because I work on a daily rate contract.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:01 pm

wegetthejobdone wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:50 pm
CanT wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:43 am
wegetthejobdone wrote:
Which region?
London
Some members have reported receiving a confirmation email after 4-5 hours or next day. Check your junk folder also. In any case, if you do not receive one, the UKVCAS portal should have all the details regarding your appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:03 pm

passat wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:05 pm
@passat

Thanks for the clarification.
Also realised that I would have to forego a day's pay if I opt out of IDV because I work on a daily rate contract.
Plus if you opt out, you will be paying £100-200 for securing the appointment as these days majority all appointments are paid. Members have reported viewing NO free appointments.

facebook.user

Post by facebook.user » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:15 pm

I have a question regarding the documents. Once you have uploaded the documents to UKVCAS website, do you need to take all of the documents to them?
I know i have to take the original passports, BRP and References. I am asking because printing bank statements and utility bills is quite a job.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:21 pm

facebook.user wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:15 pm
I have a question regarding the documents. Once you have uploaded the documents to UKVCAS website, do you need to take all of the documents to them?
I know i have to take the original passports, BRP and References. I am asking because printing bank statements and utility bills is quite a job.

Just take the originals. Its always recommended to take hard copies in case there is a poor scan which needs to be redone. The staff do not check documents other than the original passport.

facebook.user

Post by facebook.user » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:25 pm

Thank you very much CULLINAN much appreciated

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:31 pm

A member who opted out of IDV app in ILR group posted to be able to book an appointment via logging in to the UKVCAS even without an invitation. Applied through solicitor.

Invitations were meant to come after 10th for booking an appointment.

Can more members who “opted out” check if you can view appointments also??

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:47 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:31 pm
A member who opted out of IDV app in ILR group posted to be able to book an appointment via logging in to the UKVCAS even without an invitation. Applied through solicitor.

I have just tried but I can't see any appointments, maybe they opted out earlier as in maybe Monday. I sent my opt-out email on Tuesday

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:49 pm

Goldfinger1 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:47 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

I have just tried but I can't see any appointments, maybe they opted out earlier as in maybe Monday. I sent my opt-out email on Tuesday
Another member in ILR group reported opting out today and booked an appointment for tomorrow. Can not conclude till we get more members to confirm similar.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:56 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:49 pm
Goldfinger1 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:47 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Another member in ILR group reported opting out today and booked an appointment for tomorrow. Can not conclude till we get more members to confirm similar.
Absolutely joke it is !! Seriously so frustrating now. One way I am happy that I don’t need to go for biometric but on the other hand really angry 😡. I mean are they considering opt out as an excuse to delay IDV app. No clarity whatsoever and only contradictory statements.

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:09 am

So today is the cut-off date for this mysterious opt-out. Apart from doing a toss with a coin, any other reasonable basis to choose one over the other?

NOT OPTING OUT -> Pro: Possibly save some money (or, could it be chargeable too?), Save one trip to the centre. Cons: Further/uncertain delays
OPTING OUT: Pro: Possibly get done with bio-metrics within a month time. Cons: Additional costs, and huge regrets if IDV app launches in the mean time :)

Can anyone please please give some indication of earliest/latest appointments availability in or around London? Is it few days/weeks? Given the appointments are open only for the next one month, is it safe to assume that we will be able to book one at the latest within one month from the date of booking (= 10th August).

Who/How many are opting out today?

(Citizenship applied mid-april, based on ILR 5Yrs)

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:09 am

For those that applied in July and eligible for a UKVCAS appointment, have you been able to find any free appointments in August, and if so, where?
The earliest I could find was 1st September.
There were several appointments in August but all charged at £110 or £135

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:17 am

Daided wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:09 am
For those that applied in July and eligible for a UKVCAS appointment, have you been able to find any free appointments in August, and if so, where?
The earliest I could find was 1st September.
There were several appointments in August but all charged at £110 or £135
Which location is available in August? And around which dates?

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:14 am

amazingneo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:09 am
So today is the cut-off date for this mysterious opt-out. Apart from doing a toss with a coin, any other reasonable basis to choose one over the other?

NOT OPTING OUT -> Pro: Possibly save some money (or, could it be chargeable too?), Save one trip to the centre. Cons: Further/uncertain delays
OPTING OUT: Pro: Possibly get done with bio-metrics within a month time. Cons: Additional costs, and huge regrets if IDV app launches in the mean time :)

Can anyone please please give some indication of earliest/latest appointments availability in or around London? Is it few days/weeks? Given the appointments are open only for the next one month, is it safe to assume that we will be able to book one at the latest within one month from the date of booking (= 10th August).

Who/How many are opting out today?

(Citizenship applied mid-april, based on ILR 5Yrs)
I have now sent the opt-out email, though unsure if would result in any faster processing :shock: