ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uploading supporting documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Naturalisation Questions

Post by me1503 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:10 am

Hi! My daughter and I will be applying for British Naturalisation through ILR route (5 years residence). I have some questions in filling up the application online regarding these areas:

1. What is your relationship status? - I have been separated from the father of my daughter for many years now, but I am still married to him as the annulment process is still ongoing. I have a current partner and we have a son together, but we are unmarried. My concern is what do I put on my relationship status? Married or separated? If married, do I need to put my estranged husband as my current partner? Is it necessary to write an affidavit or explain in the additional information section that I am already separated from him and I have a partner whom I currently live with but for the purpose of this application, I put him (estranged husband) as current partner as our marriage has not ended yet in legal terms?

2. Do you have any children whose birth parent is not your partner? -
Should I answer yes if my estranged husband is considered as my partner as I have a child with my current partner?

3. Additional employment 
-I worked as an agency worker at some point. I had a few shifts, but I could not recall the exact end date. Do I still need to include this, and would it affect my application if I don’t?

4. Previous immigration application 
-What is the name in which you made the application? Is that my name or type of visa?

5. 5 years residence
 -I moved to many addresses in a span of 5 years. There was a time that I did not have a permanent address as I had to stay in a hotel for 12 days before moving into a new place. Is it ok if there’s some gap with the addresses or should I include the time I have stayed in the hotel?

6. Proof of address - Do I need to submit proof of address on every address that I live?

7. Address of my daughter
 -Should she put her address on my residence or her address at Uni?

8. Previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain that you need to provide proof of english - My daughter was on tier 2 child visa so she did not have to take english test when she first came to UK but she had to when she applied for ILR. Just want to clarify if she should answer yes or no to this? (Is the ILR considered here eventhough it is her current leave to remain and not previous?)

9. Do you have any dependants who are not applying with you at this time? - I have 2 children, 1 british citizen, 1 with ILR status, should I answer yes or no to this?

10. Do we need to include letter of absences in the UK?

11. Do I need to submit employment letter?

Apologies for the many questions and thank you in advance! 😊

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Questions

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:09 am

1. You are married, so that is what you need to out. You can add a note if you wish or a brief cover letter explaining.

2. Same as #1 above. Explain in a letter.

3. You need to include all your employment as the form asks.

4. Your name.

5. Gaps are fine.

6. No!

7. The address where she lives.

8. Yes, ILR is fine.

9. You can answer yes, it isn't a deal breaker or important question.

10. You need to post the absences in the form as it asks.

11. No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by me1503 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:09 am
1. You are married, so that is what you need to out. You can add a note if you wish or a brief cover letter explaining.

2. Same as #1 above. Explain in a letter.

3. You need to include all your employment as the form asks.

4. Your name.

5. Gaps are fine.

6. No!

7. The address where she lives.

8. Yes, ILR is fine.

9. You can answer yes, it isn't a deal breaker or important question.

10. You need to post the absences in the form as it asks.

11. No!

Thank you so much!! 😊

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by me1503 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:32 pm

Hello! Just a follow up question. After completing the questions online, it shows an option to add an applicant(child over 18). I just want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing to include her in my application. She is over 18 and with ILR. She did a separate application when she applied for ILR. Just want to make sure it's not the case for naturalisation application. Thanks.

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Uploading supporting documents

Post by me1503 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:46 pm

Hi! I just submitted my application for naturalisation and I'm in the process of uploading documents. I just need clarifications as to which category I should upload my documents.

Residence in the UK - old passports or BRP?

Proof of identity/travel history - current and old passports or BRP?

If one document is required in 2 or more categories, do I need to upload them twice? Like in the case of my current passport as I have uploaded it in proof of application, do I need to upload it again for proof of identity?

Thank you so much!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Uploading supporting documents

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:04 am

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html

Upload only once.
Categories are generic. As long as you upload all required documents in whichever category you think fits best, your fine. Follow the link as stated above.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:12 am

PS current passport has to be uploaded in the “proof of application” as the category clearly states that if you check the portal.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by me1503 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:13 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:04 am

Upload only once.
Categories are generic. As long as you upload all required documents in whichever category you think fits best, your fine. Follow the link as stated above.
Thank you so much for that link! Just a follow up question. I’m non eea applicant so I only need to provide my old passports for proof of 5 year residence. It did not specify in the link, so what do you think is best? To have it uploaded on residnce or proof of identity/travel history?

Thank you so much for your help!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:10 am

me1503 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:13 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:04 am

Upload only once.
Thank you so much for that link! Just a follow up question. I’m non eea applicant so I only need to provide my old passports for proof of 5 year residence. It did not specify in the link, so what do you think is best? To have it uploaded on residnce or proof of identity/travel history?

Thank you so much for your help!
Yes - provide passports covering the period - residency category is fine.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Bigshak
Newly Registered

Post by Bigshak » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:32 am

Just a quick one!

I have received email stating i need to book for my appointment. So should i upload my documents online or just wait for my appointment and then they can scan upload for me. I am extremely confused as my appointment in nxt week Tuesday.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:37 am

Upload them before your appointment.

They charge extra for scanning and uploading for you and often make mistakes and leave documents out.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by me1503 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:09 am

Thank you all so much!😀