ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonent
United States of America

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by londonent » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:38 am

I decided to stick with IDV app, moreover, as I stated above I know for a fact that they are already reviewing and considering my application, so I do not think opting in or opting out would actually make a difference, given that they are considering the documents submitted through UKVCAS earlier

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:06 am

When I booked for the friend, Glasgow had many free appointments.
Now, it means traveling to Scotland, so probably many people do not think about it as an option, but on certain days (at least on Fridays) there is a convenient easyjet from Luton - you go at 8 am, return at 8 pm same day, and it costs about £50 (+ about £12-15 return bus fare from airport to city centre in Glasgow)..

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:10 am

Spoke with CIH team, and after much probing (still they did not sound very confident), they mentioned that App may not be released before 31st Aug at least. I am unsure this is any formal info, so you may wanna check with CIH team yourself. Last few times I called them they never mentioned any info on anticipated release date for the IDV App, this is the first time they hinted over a call. I have a feeling they have been 'instructed' to not give any info reg app release date.

PS - I have already opted-out.

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:52 pm

amazingneo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:10 am
Spoke with CIH team, and after much probing (still they did not sound very confident), they mentioned that App may not be released before 31st Aug at least. I am unsure this is any formal info, so you may wanna check with CIH team yourself. Last few times I called them they never mentioned any info on anticipated release date for the IDV App, this is the first time they hinted over a call. I have a feeling they have been 'instructed' to not give any info reg app release date.

PS - I have already opted-out.
Hi all,

Thats looks quite concerning , however I will still not opt out. I think in the end it will be hardly a week difference here or there in the final outcome . I am quite sure till the launch of App, all the application will be reviewed and it must be a matter of just receiving the facial image.However, worst can happen that they might tell us at some stage to book an appointment , which obviously will be very unpleasant. Let us hope for best and wait for next course of action.

Uma Dutt

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:43 pm

amazingneo wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:17 am
Daided wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:09 am
For those that applied in July and eligible for a UKVCAS appointment, have you been able to find any free appointments in August, and if so, where?
The earliest I could find was 1st September.
There were several appointments in August but all charged at £110 or £135
Which location is available in August? And around which dates?
As of earlier this week, basically almost all locations around London. Now I can’t see appointments as mine is already booked for September, that’s why I was asking.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:23 am

For all applicants up until June, the OPT-OUT deadline has passed.
For those who opted IN, lets wait for the new update and IDV app now😀

2 more days to go for July applicants to make a decision by 10th Aug 5pm.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:49 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:23 am

Beginning of August they said IDV APP will launch but there is no communication whatsoever. This shows how well organised UKVI and UKVCAS IS 😡 !!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:16 am

skasyap wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:49 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:23 am

Beginning of August they said IDV APP will launch but there is no communication whatsoever. This shows how well organised UKVI and UKVCAS IS 😡 !!
I believe there might be an update on the 10th Aug.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:24 pm

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:46 pm

Uploading documents onto the UKVCAS website

If you upload documents to the UKVCAS website, you can submit them to UKVI before completing your biometric or identity verification check. Don’t worry. You only need to upload each document once. This can be via the website, at a Service Point, or through the UKVCAS Identify Verification app.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:53 pm

Important Points:
Uploading documents onto the UKVCAS website
If you upload documents to the UKVCAS website, you can submit them to UKVI before completing your biometric or identity verification check. Don’t worry. You only need to upload each document once. This can be via the website, at a Service Point, or through the UKVCAS Identify Verification app.
Rollout of the UKVCAS IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. UKVI confirms which customers are eligible to use the UKVCAS IDV app as UKVI can use biometrics you have previously provided.
We are continuing to open up the booking system in date order, we have currently released appointments to customers whose applications were received by UKVCAS up to 31 July 2020.
Our appointment booking service is now displaying all dates up to 13 September 2020. Currently new dates are NOT released every night. We will inform you in one of our website status updates, if this changes.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:56 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:24 pm
Latest UKVCAS update 8th August:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
So now they have changed the wording regarding IDV APP.

Previously they said : IDV App will launch beginning of August
Now they are saying: IDV App will launch beginning August.

Money making machine !!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:58 pm

skasyap wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:56 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Money making machine !!
You got some strong observation skills 😁

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:58 pm
skasyap wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:56 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Money making machine !!
You got some strong observation skills 😁
Hahahah just frustrating that’s all lol. I bet they will launch the App end of August just to keep their words 😂😂

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:22 pm

Hahahah just frustrating that’s all lol. I bet they will launch the App end of August just to keep their words 😂😂

I can relate to it but this is only the first step. One has to wait for the ceremony invitation and then the ceremony itself after approval. Massive delays. Save some frustration for later. 😛

Its just like a traffic signal, where you barely pass a yellow light before it turns red but then get stuck at the next red light 100 yards away!! 😀

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:22 pm

I can relate to it but this is only the first step. One has to wait for the ceremony invitation and then the ceremony itself after approval. Massive delays. Save some frustration for later. 😛

Its just like a traffic signal, where you barely pass a yellow light before it turns red but then get stuck at the next red light 100 yards away!! 😀
Yep you are right, hence why I am trying to remain optimistic about everything UKVCAS AND UKVI are doing lol 😂

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:16 pm

I have just started today doing my natuiralization application now and came on this post to check the updates on the biometric appointments. I was under the impression that we can book biometric appointments straight away after lockdown has been eased.

So what I have understand so far is that new customer can not book a biometric appointment straight away, so even If I complete and sumbit my application today I can't get a an appointment untill next month? Are there next day appointment available by paying extra?

Can I go for the UKVCAS IDV app option as I am going abroad on 22nd of August for next 4 months and would love to give biometrices using IDV which I can do it from abroad too. But this IDV app is it a sure shot thing? my last biometrics were take for my ILR application on 15th November 2018.
Any suggestions? will really appreciate

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:30 pm

alisattar09 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:16 pm
UKVCAS is opening up in phases. You can apply now but you will have to wait until an update comes for August 2020 applicants regarding submitting your biometrics.

Make sure if you apply, do register an account on the UKVCAS also like normal.

Upload your documents and submit via the UKVCAS portal. Note, make sure all your documents are complete as you only get the submit option once. You will be able to add more documents later via appointment/IDV app.

You will get the next communication via email; either you will be selected for reusing your biometrics (the eligibility criteria is unknown) OR you will have to attend an UKVCAS appointment to submit your biometrics.

In normal circumstances, you must submit your biometrics with in 2 months of application date. The deadline for now is relaxed due to backlog, but you never know when it comes back in operation. If you are chosen to attend biometrics appointment and you are away for 4 months, that will be a problem then.

Note you are free to travel on your ILR until you become British i.e. till you attend your ceremony.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:47 pm

@alisattar09

Follow UKVCAS flash message for latest updates:

Last edited by CULLINAN on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:47 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:30 pm
alisattar09 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:16 pm
UKVCAS is opening up in phases. You can apply now but you will have to wait until an update comes for August 2020 applicants regarding submitting your biometrics.

Make sure if you apply, do register an account on the UKVCAS also like normal.

Upload your documents and submit via the UKVCAS portal. Note, make sure all your documents are complete as you only get the submit option once. You will be able to add more documents later via appointment/IDV app.

You will get the next communication via email; either you will be selected for reusing your biometrics (the eligibility criteria is unknown) OR you will have to attend an UKVCAS appointment to submit your biometrics.

In normal circumstances, you must submit your biometrics with in 2 months of application date. The deadline for now is relaxed due to backlog, but you never know when it comes back in operation. If you are chosen to attend biometrics appointment and you are away for 4 months, that will be a problem then.

Note you are free to travel on your ILR until you become British i.e. till you attend your ceremony.
Hello Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me how soon do we get this next email communication after the we have made the application and uploaded all the documents too?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:52 pm

alisattar09 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:47 pm
Hello Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me how soon do we get this next email communication after the we have made the application and uploaded all the documents too?

No one can really answer that. UKVCAS started phased reopening from June 1st.
Till date, applicants up until July are catered.

When will next update for August applicants come? No one can tell.

Follow the UKVCAS flash message as stated in my previous post.

PS you will only get the next email communication after the system will open up for August applicants.

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:03 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:52 pm
alisattar09 wrote:

No one can really answer that. UKVCAS started phased reopening from June 1st.
Till date, applicants up until July are catered.

When will next update for August applicants come? No one can tell.

Follow the UKVCAS flash message as stated in my previous post.

PS you will only get the next email communication after the system will open up for August applicants.
ok thanks for your reply. Do you know if it is possible to apply for naturalisation from abroad and give biometric overseas and then come to the UK to attend the ceremony? I am on ILR since 15 November 2018 and have spent more than 1 in year in the UK after ILR

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:08 am

alisattar09 wrote:
ok thanks for your reply. Do you know if it is possible to apply for naturalisation from abroad and give biometric overseas and then come to the UK to attend the ceremony? I am on ILR since 15 November 2018 and have spent more than 1 in year in the UK after ILR
I am not an expert on this but just a simple search of the forum got me this:
by vinny » Fri May 31, 2013 5:16 am

A naturalisation application from outside the UK is likely to fail, unless you are the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... s-volume-1
https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 36249.html

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:18 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:08 am
alisattar09 wrote:
I am not an expert on this but just a simple search of the forum got me this:
by vinny » Fri May 31, 2013 5:16 am

A naturalisation application from outside the UK is likely to fail, unless you are the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... s-volume-1
thanks for your responses

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 36249.html

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:24 am

Thanks for all your reponses I guess applying abroad isnt a good option by reading that post. One last question if you dont mind answering what if I apply now and when the slots for August applicant opens and they ask me to take biometric in person let say at the end of September or mid of October, it will be ok for me to fly back to the UK to give biometric and go out of the UK straight away?
Last edited by alisattar09 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.