ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

farazk86
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by farazk86 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:39 am

Mur wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:31 am
Hi ,

I am not going to opt out. In their email, they clearly said it will be rolled out in August. My perspective, It is hard to get an appointment in August through UKVCAS.
That is my thought process also.. so divided on this, but staying with the app appears to be the cheapest and probably fastest option

greyhawk
Newly Registered

Post by greyhawk » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:56 am

Mur wrote:
Hi ,

I am not going to opt out. In their email, they clearly said it will be rolled out in August. My perspective, It is hard to get an appointment in August through UKVCAS.
The re-use email I received says "Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. An invitation will be sent for you to use the new IDV app within the next few weeks, with further details about how to the use IDV app and the next steps." So it does not clearly say in August, rather only beginning August - that makes it woolly enough to keep it inconclusive. Any suggestions?

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:00 pm

In case anyone is thinking of cancelling today, they should be aware of the cost for appointment in August..
o0r26jogakd51.png
o0r26jogakd51.png (114.61 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

Mur

Post by Mur » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:05 pm

greyhawk wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:56 am
Mur wrote:
Hi ,

The re-use email I received says "Rollout of the IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. An invitation will be sent for you to use the new IDV app within the next few weeks, with further details about how to the use IDV app and the next steps." So it does not clearly say in August, rather only beginning August - that makes it woolly enough to keep it inconclusive. Any suggestions?
I believe, Whoever applied in between Mar-Jun got the same email from UKVI. Which means ,They will be in first phase. I applied in June. Finger cross i will get in Aug.

Mur

Post by Mur » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:08 pm

farazk86 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:00 pm
In case anyone is thinking of cancelling today, they should be aware of the cost for appointment in August..

o0r26jogakd51.png
Have you booked your appointments? Do you think we can get Aug appointment?

Mur

Post by Mur » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:14 pm

Mur wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:08 pm
farazk86 wrote:

o0r26jogakd51.png
Hi farazk86, Have you got an option to apply through IDV app? Or they asked you to book through UKVCAS as normal process?

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:16 pm

Mur wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:14 pm
Mur wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:08 pm
farazk86 wrote:

o0r26jogakd51.png
Hi farazk86, Have you got an option to apply through IDV app? Or they asked you to book through UKVCAS as normal process?

This is from another discussion forum which I think I am nor allowed to link here. The person cancelled their IDV app process and was asked to book normal appointment and this was the charge for this day.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm

farazk86 wrote:

o0r26jogakd51.png
Is this for real? OMG.... what the hell they want to do. They are really going to suck every penny out of us. Wow, now I am confused about what to do. I did upload my document but did not press the submit button yet. I was thinking of opt-out as soon as I get the email but probably have to change the plan.

Mur

Post by Mur » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:28 pm

klownking wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm
farazk86 wrote:

o0r26jogakd51.png
Is this for real? OMG.... what the hell they want to do. They are really going to suck every penny out of us. Wow, now I am confused about what to do. I did upload my document but did not press the submit button yet. I was thinking of opt-out as soon as I get the email but probably have to change the plan.
I believe, cost per application is circa £136. That might be 2 person cost. @farazk86, when did he/she submitted their application?

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:30 pm

Mur wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:28 pm
klownking wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:22 pm
farazk86 wrote:

o0r26jogakd51.png
I believe, cost per application is circa £136. That might be 2 person cost. @farazk86, when did he/she submitted their application?
I was thinking the same but still it's way too much. I might go for IDV app.

Thomas_84
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thomas_84 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:57 pm

JULY APPLICANT wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:17 am
I put the subject line as OPT OUT UAN: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx don't know if this is correct.
I just wrote OPT OUT XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX in the subject line & wrote "I want to opt out of the IDV app" in the body of the email. I hope it is ok.

ap1410
- thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:14 pm

farazk86 wrote:

o0r26jogakd51.png
My assumption is £540 is for 4 people which makes it 135 per head . Similarly £279 is 69 pp

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:26 pm

wht for same 4 ppl two different options for 135 pp and 69.99 pp...under same 'standard appointment' heading?

also think the price vary across locations..

ap1410
- thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:57 pm

Yes prices vary according to time slots and offpeak timings ..

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:59 pm

Why you all opting out? Is there any specific reasons

BenAbd
Newly Registered

Post by BenAbd » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:33 am
n8net wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:19 am
so in additional to app or appointment route, ppl are also being asked to send documents via email ? - read some posts here of ppl being asked to submit docs via email - is that a one-off?
Document requests by email is for Tier 2 applicants.
Hi. Actually ILR applicants do get it as well (a subset atleast). I applied for ILR on 2nd of July and got email requesting documents within a week. I added my documents on UKVCAS straight after UKVI application on same day anyway. I sent the same documents to said email a week later i.e. All of them despite a rather short list they asked.

My partner who applied in March for her expiring Tier-2 G Dependent extension didn't get the email initially till after my ILR application 4 months later. She got 12 months SLA email and I got 8 weeks one. Her visa is expired while I still have till Mar next year...

Having read 50 odd pages of this thread over months, there seems to be absolutely no pattern to anything here. While it is nice to seek assurance here for whatever one wants to be true, there is always a contradicting example... :?

Take this IDV vs Appointment speculation, I've told my Mrs. to opt out while I remain on IDV queue just to be a lab rat.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:13 pm

BenAbd wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:09 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:33 am
n8net wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:19 am
so in additional to app or appointment route, ppl are also being asked to send documents via email ? - read some posts here of ppl being asked to submit docs via email - is that a one-off?
Document requests by email is for Tier 2 applicants.
Hi. Actually ILR applicants do get it as well (a subset atleast). I applied for ILR on 2nd of July and got email requesting documents within a week. I added my documents on UKVCAS straight after UKVI application on same day anyway. I sent the same documents to said email a week later i.e. All of them despite a rather short list they asked.
I was inferring Tier 2 ILR applicants given that this topic is IN the ILR Sub Forum and not in the Tier 2 Sub Forum, which has its own thread on these issues!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:22 pm

hi, i applied for ilr set (m) on the 5th of July, . What is the latest i could book/have biometrics appointment? Is there a deadline? As now there is not available appointments even in coming weeks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:25 pm

Fivem wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:22 pm
hi, i applied for ilr set (m) on the 5th of July, . What is the latest i could book/have biometrics appointment? Is there a deadline? As now there is not available appointments even in coming weeks.
If you read the many posts in this topic and the UKCVAS updates, you will see many times it has been posted that no one will be penalised due to the delays and about email notifications to book appointments or emails about reuse biometrics. Have you checked your spam/junk folder??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:43 pm

If you read the many posts in this topic and the UKCVAS updates, you will see many times it has been posted that no one will be penalised due to the delays and about email notifications to book appointments or emails about reuse biometrics. Have you checked your spam/junk folder??

thank you CR001, yes i had email to re use my old biometric but i am thinking to opt out and look for appointment but i am afraid i ca not find one in near future and may be in need ti wait long time until appointment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:48 pm

Fivem wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:43 pm
thank you CR001, yes i had email to re use my old biometric but i am thinking to opt out and look for appointment but i am afraid i ca not find one in near future and may be in need ti wait long time until appointment.
Also important to note that many members are posting that there are no free appointments and you will have to pay for an appointment and the prices vary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Thomas_84
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thomas_84 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:49 pm

Desiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:46 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:41 am
@desiro

This time its even more random. Its a confirmed news now that members are receiving emails who applied in July (who are chosen to attend biometrics) without even a NEW UKVCAS flash message!!
I understand your frustration, I agree it is unfair, especially in the current situation when many applicants are under risk of losing job and their whole lives depend on this document.
Yes, absolutely right.

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Narimane wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:59 pm
Believe people seem to want to be opting out as there is an indication that it might be a 'faster process', based on the email we received. However, if literally everyone 'opts out' then surely it cancels it out - as getting an appointment will be next to impossible.

How confident are we in this app, I've heard other people saying that it's something they have been using for years under other visa types?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:15 pm

Barry465 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:07 pm
Narimane wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:59 pm
Believe people seem to want to be opting out as there is an indication that it might be a 'faster process', based on the email we received. However, if literally everyone 'opts out' then surely it cancels it out - as getting an appointment will be next to impossible.

How confident are we in this app, I've heard other people saying that it's something they have been using for years under other visa types?
An app has been used since 2018 for EU settlement scheme applications. Ukvi are likely adapting the app to cover the broad range of UK immigration route applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:19 pm

Barry465 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:07 pm
Doesn't look many will opt-out (deadline of 7th Aug already passed). So first batch of opt-outers (if thats the word) should booking slots Monday onwards, and I believe (and hope) ahead of more recent applicants. Those re-users ones who applied in March and April and May, are the only ones in that pool. I called thrice today (and around 4-5 times over last two weeks) - UKVI helpline and CIH - every-time got "we do not have any info on IDV App release date", and once got the response after a bit of probing up that "The app may not be released before 31st Aug". So I am highly sceptical for the app to be out anytime soon ("soon" is a relative word anyway, in UKVCAS' dictionary).