ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form Queries and final checklist

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajrea
Mood:
India

Queries in filling MN1 Form

Post by rajrea » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 pm

Hi All,

Me and my wife successfully granted ILR and we have a 4 years old child who was born in UK.

My child was on PBS dependent Visa which was expired in April 2019.

Now as we received ILR I'm trying to apply for Naturalisation for my son.

In MN1 form it was asking for BRP details :

1.I have entered my child's last PBS dependent BRP card details which already expired. Is it okay as his BRP was expired more than a year ?
As I didn't want to apply for ILR for my son as he was a british born child.

2.And in Parents Immigration Status section :

Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?

I have selected : NO

As we are not from EEA national is my understanding right please correct me if my interpretation was wrong.

3. Finally for 2 referees.
I have give my son's Aunt details and local pharmacist details is that okay ?

Gurus please do let me know and Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Queries in filling MN1 Form

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:08 am

1. A UK born child does not need a valid visa to REGISTER as British.

2. Yes, it is NO to this question.

3. You cannot use an aunt. Referees cannot be related to the applicant either by blood or through marriage. Find another referee. Pharmacist is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajrea
Mood:
India

MN1 Form Queries and final checklist

Post by rajrea » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:36 pm

Hi All,

I'm about to submit MN1 form application for my UK born child next Tuesday and want to suggestions from Gurus about the documents attaching

The application has asked to submit the following documents as proof.

1. The passport issued by India for Child —> Done

2. Proof of Father parental responsibility for Child —> Done (Child UK Birth certificate showing father’s name)

3. Proof of Mother parental responsibility for Child —> Done (Child UK Birth certificate showing mother’s name)
Proof of child’s parental responsibility can include:
* A copy of the birth certificate
* A parental responsibility order, care order, adoption order or special guardianship order

4. If child told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from the Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence. —>Done ( BRP of both parents)

5. A letter of consent from child’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) —>Downloaded the Parents consent form and both parents signed )

6. Child’s parents' marriage certificate —> Done

7. Two referee declarations for Child —> Teacher and Pharmacist references provided with signed declarations

8. If child has a passport then provide this with your application. If child does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card. —> Child has got Indian passport so providing along with application

9. Child’s birth certificate (showing details of both parents) —> Done

10. Child’s current biometric residence permit (BRP) —> Expired in April 2019 but attaching that as well

12. If Child told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate. —> No Applicable

Query :In the child consent form who should sign if he/she is 4 years old?

I'm not sure how long it will take to get the decision - We are planning to move the house in October - November time so if we apply with present address and if I want to update the address how can I update my(Child) address after submitting the application

Can gurus please help

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 Form Queries and final checklist

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:45 pm

You already have an existing thread. You should keep all your questions in one thread.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1911441

Child does not sign. Parent/Guardian will sign.

If you move address you will have to notify UKVI:

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:09 am

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajrea
Mood:
India

Post by rajrea » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:34 am

Hi CR001,
Thanks for the reply,

And final questions before I submit the application

Do I need to send Guardian’s consent Form as well ?

And I have completed the parent's consent form - here do I need insert the date ? As there is no no date option in the form I have downloaded from UKVI website

And In child's consent form who needs to sign ? as my son is 4 years old